Errant Story Mafia - Game Over! Scum wins!

Home of Viking's Infamous "Three Things" Challenge and some other games likely to make the baby Lord Naughtius cry.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Errant Story Mafia - Game on!

Post by Sareth »

Elaborate indeed. But if you suspect it more likely than that I've spoken true, you have but to change your vote, and we'll learn how elaborate it was.

As to the suspicions not falling against you or Riley, I have begun to rethink some of that. But perhaps it's too late?
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

I offer you all this wisdom from beyond the grave. A lynching is not a hanging. A lynching is a public murder, be it by ropes or by fire, as was in one picture I've seen. (This point was made to me by James W. Loewen, author of Lies My Teacher Told Me, along with many other books, when he spoke at my college.)

So, if this tie breaks, keep that in mind: You've got a lot of methods at your disposal for giving me more company in the afterlife than just rope over a tree branch. The defining characteristic is just that people do it publicly, with no fear of being punished.

[/educational note from beyond the grave]
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

:?

So much for levitating...
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Which brings us to our second bit of wisdom for the day:

Always, always, always, whenever possible...

Kill it! Kill it with FIRE!

[/Voice from beyond]
Shteven
Forum Regular

Post by Shteven »

While the notes from beyond haven't spoiled the game too much by not posting game-specific information, they are -technically- against the rules, so please try to be patient ;)

I'm going to impose a deadline. April 10th, 11:59pm PST. Meaning Thursday night at midnight. Keep in mind I may be sleeping and check on Friday, but I will probably be around that late. We'll see. Normally I'd wait a bit longer but the game has been fast paced and it would appear that some of the natives are restless...(see above - *cough* *cough*)

A deadline will lynch the first person to reach 2 votes (and maintain them). That would mean darkintruder currently. You can still lynch by 3 votes before the deadline, the 2 votes are only fatal at the deadline.

Vote count:

DarkIntruder: 2 (Sareth, Bloodhenge) (reached 2 votes first)
Sareth: 2 (Imp-Chan, DarkIntruder)
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

When I voted, I was done voting and had made up my mind. I doubt that another week of bickering is going to make the situation any clearer to me, and if I'm going to vote arbitrarily I might as well stick with it.

So, from my position there's no point to waiting another week, since my vote will remain Sareth (sorry).

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Is anyone else nervous about the fact that, though Impy admits her vote is arbitrary, she states she won't change it?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Sareth wrote:Is anyone else nervous about the fact that, though Impy admits her vote is arbitrary, she states she won't change it?
Presumably if I were a mafioso I would be actively trying to lynch an innocent, and to do that I'd have simply jumped hard on any bandwagon at the start of this round instead of forcing a tie (since if I were the mafioso, any lynching that wasn't me would mean a game win and strategically it wouldn't matter who it was as no one would then be left to vote me dead at the end of the night cycle).

Instead, I did create a tie. That might still be suspicious if I were trying to make anyone vote with me, but I'm clearly not exactly exercising any efforts of persuasion here. I've outright said I'm just guessing because I don't know which of you the mafioso actually is and I don't expect to see convincing evidence for anyone in this round, and while I'm sticking with my guess because I feel it's most likely, other people can still vote to lynch whoever they want. My vote alone isn't going to lynch or not-lynch anyone, by voting arbitrarily and then sticking to it I'm essentially just abstaining from the decision and washing my hands of the game. Wasting time worrying about changing my vote does not appear to improve my chances of survival in any way, since if we miss the mafioso this round I'm going to die or at least lose come the night cycle, so it's best to go with my gut and then let fate run its course.

If I were seriously invested in lynching anyone through my actions, I'd have come up with a more believable, more compelling reason than voting blind so that others would help me lynch the person of my choosing.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Can't argue against that... what you say makes sense. If you were the Mafioso, then you would have cast the vote to lynch DarkIntruder. And I still can't bring myself to suspect Bloodhenge. Even if something convinced me that it was Bloodhenge, then all that would serve to do, would be to shift the noose from DarkIntruder's neck to mine. So I can't shift my vote unless strongly convincing evidence is presented.

It seems to me that the only remaining play is to either wait until the 10th, or for Bloodhenge to change votes, and choose against me before that time.

Regardless of how it goes, all I can say is...

Good game! Thanks for playing all.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Like Impy, I have a certain degree of suspicion for both Sareth and DarkIntruder. Unlike her, my suspicion of DarkIntruder is stronger, but I might be convinced to change my vote if a sufficiently compelling case is made.