Errant Story Mafia - Game Over! Scum wins!

Home of Viking's Infamous "Three Things" Challenge and some other games likely to make the baby Lord Naughtius cry.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Errant Story Mafia - Game on!

Post by Sareth »

I still didn't do it, in spite of the shirt.

I'm afraid I'm also to busy trying to find Meiji to have a clue who actually did do it... let me think here...
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Ok, we have to think this through logically. Someone chose Viking/Sarine for a reason. What was it? As far as I know, he only posted twice.

This:
Viking-Sensei wrote:Well, I certainly didn't do it... guns just aren't my thing. And since I love like am sleeping with am going to crap out a ton of half-elf babies with respect Jon, I'm afraid you'll not have my vote. Actually, Ian (Sareth) seemed to be fairly quick to start pointing blame at others, so while I'm not officially voting for him yet, I shall place upon him my ancient elven "Finger of Suspicion".

(Did I do that right?)
and
Viking-Sensei wrote:Oh, c'mon, you could have picked up a pebble and thrown it through yon NPC Guard at the speed of a bullet with your enhanced abilities, thus ending his beautiful irritating perfect wasted immortal life. Don't deny it, you know you did it.

Both concerning Sareth/Ian. Viking was suspicious of him. Now, I'm not going to do anything hasty. But we had better start looking long and hard at what's going on here.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I didn't do it! I blame the shirt for a concerted conspiracy against me. Oh. And speaking of, I couldn't help but notice that Viking and Vavrek seemed to be working in concert at pointing a great deal of suspicion my way. Coincidence? Maybe...
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

I have told you before, there is no grand conspiracy between the elves and I. Were something to be arranged, it would not have been so public, so far from "behind closed doors" as yesterday's lynching of an innocent citizen. Viking-Sarine* and I merely both witnessed evidence and made evident our own bias when we spoke of our suspicion of you.

I did not dare fear that my bias would get such a reaffirming piece of evidence. Which is the greater fear? Knowing that out there, somewhere, are a pair of men intent on killing off this entire town... or that one finger-pointing elf is dead and the local errant half-elf stands in the middle of town, repeatedly saying "I didn't do it!", after having killed hundreds, thousands, in the destruction of Emerylon? When we last met, you scared me out of my wits, asking simply where to find the elves. And now, it seems, you have found one...

*A viking version of Sarine, by the way, is just a fascinating concept.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Well, on one hand, Ian did have a hand in lynching Jon. And the second noctournal murder was the first person to use a Finger of Suspicion, been pointed at Ian. And I really hate to point this one out, but both of the people who were murdered at night have been Elves, and Ian doesn't have the warmest feelinfs for Elves.

On the other hand, there were two other people who helped lynch Jon (in addition to Jon himself). Could be that those two are behind the murders, and Sarine was just a red herring. After all, I've known Ian pretty much his entire life. He's not the sort to kill people-- even Elves-- in cold blood, and he's not the hardest guy in the world to manipulate.

I can't help that note, however, that the esteemed minister, going by the alias of Vavrek, was the first to put a second vote on an innocent man. Granted, I hear he has a reason to hold a grudge against Jon, but it still seems like a bit more than a coincidence. Plus, Riley's suspicious of him, and she has good instincts about this sort of thing.

So, I'm pointing my Finger of Suspicion: Vavrek.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Well, old dude (Vavrek), I was just attempting to get directions is all. Is it my fault that it takes sacking the town to get your attention?

Besides, allow me to point out I have hardly ever even met Sarine, so when would I have gotten the opportunity to off her, Viking or no?

Bloodhenge/Riley makes a great deal of sense there, pointing out who has been so eager to point fingers, carry grudges, and pointing out my innocense through my behavior, gentility, and gullabili... Wait a minute... I Am Not Gullible!

Even if i did go haring off trying to find an ancient goddess based off a story told me in a bar.

Wait, getting sidetracked.

I think old religious dude has it in for me...

I too am pointing my Finger of Suspicion: Vavrek
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I am sticking with my previous vote.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Sareth wrote:Bloodhenge/Riley
Err... no, I'm Leah. Riley's over there *points at Impy*.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

I think we're making the wrong assumptions about the roles. Just because a person has the role of a character, doesn't mean that they have to do what that character has done or would do. At least, I've been operating under that assumption.

For all we know, it could have been Riley/Impy and Leah/Bloodhenge.

They are "partners" and have guns.

Bloodhenge seems to be driving hard at Vavrek/Jeramel.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Perhaps, but if I were to blame, wouldn't I want to whittle away at the innocent townsfolk? Wouldn't I eagerly vote to lynch an innocent? But I didn't vote at all. Instead, I spent the entire first day after the guard's death encouraging restraint and careful consideration.