Rinkaiel: Kidnappers

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Rinkaiel: Kidnappers

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: This is so that a connection to the "Seven Against the Convergence" thread can be made. It all fits, both thematically and on the time line. Work with me here... Incidentally, a verbal description of the layout of Rinkaiel can be found here and in the next few entries, although it is incomplete. Anybody still here with map-making skills? We should discuss. This breakfast is occurring at about the same time as ]

"This makes me nervous," Layla told Ace, Faye and Zachary over breakfast. Unusually, a sleepy-eyed Joe was joining them; Layla normally let the major-domo sleep in (a lot of his less ... orthodox business was transacted at night), but she wanted him to hear what was coming. She described the moving earth she'd encountered on her run. "To all appearances, the people at the Temple of the Divine Dwarf are starting to screw around again. I don't know for sure that they're involved, but the noise was heading straight as a string toward that part of Tsuiraku-town, I checked that out. Besides, who else would it be?"

Faye frowned, or at least something momentarily interrupted her grin as she fed her cooing, giggling grandson another spoonful of banana-flavored gunk. "Didn't that Kitaura guy put us under his protection after the fight at the elven temple, with the condition that we not poke around in Tsuiraku-town problems again?"

Layla glared at her mother. "This isn't a Tsuiraku-town problem, Mom. It's an us problem. I don't know whether Kitaura thinks that doesn't count, or whether he's forgotten -- doesn't seem like the type to do it, but it's possible. Or maybe he's throwing us under the bus for his own, Tsuirakuan reasons." The truth was more prosaic; as Rose and others in her party could have told the Bad Ass Wines (and Gewehr) people, Kitaura simply wasn't in town, and hadn't been for a week or two now. In fact he would have been very interested in what Layla had observed on her run ...but nobody, either at the vineyard or in Tsuirakuan government quarters, knew that.

"I'm going out to pick up a new airship for Peter," Ace offered. "If you'd like, I can do a little aerial reconnaissance on the way home -- you know, test its stealth capabilities."

Layla smiled and kissed her -- boyfriend? husband? lover? "That would be great, sweetie. We can hold off on poking around at ground level until then. I'll pick you up at the terminal."

It was Ace's turn to frown. "I dunno, I'm going to be getting in pretty late..."

Layla pouted. "And have a clandestine rendezvous with an exotic sex priestess from a mysteriously hidden village and a rent-a-hooker from the Northern Confederacy, probably. No, I'll pick you up, and be watching you, you naughty man." The joke broke the tension and the breakfast conversation turned to other things.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Groovy. I'm not sure if there's a way to get the Hands in, although I could think of a cameo or two. Leo, after all, has a talent for disguise.../OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: And so we have fast-forwarded to late that night (or very early the next morning), and Layla and Ace (and Zachary) have met the main party. Nothing more to do here for a while. We'll resume when the two parties separate again.

Always room for someone from the Silver Hands to be at the vineyard, or possibly drinking Old Peculiar at that all-night place in Tsuiraku-town that Layla is talking about, JR...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.