Tsuiraku - A Contest of Miseries

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Tsuiraku - A Contest of Miseries

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Confession time here. Al sent me a message about finishing up this story and I agreed to do it. What's the confession? After scanning through this old thread I was surprised to see my name on the posts. As in, I have absolutely no memory of writing in here at all. This is actually genuinely disconcerting for me. Could someone fill in the blanks please? What the objective was? Why I bothered to include myra? Why the thread died? Preferably before I lose what remains of my mind? [/OOC]
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Sending PM on that subject momentarily.]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC Confession time here. Al sent me a message about finishing up this story and I agreed to do it. What's the confession? After scanning through this old thread I was surprised to see my name on the posts. As in, I have absolutely no memory of writing in here at all. This is actually genuinely disconcerting for me. Could someone fill in the blanks please? What the objective was? Why I bothered to include myra? Why the thread died? Preferably before I lose what remains of my mind? [/OOC]
OOC: I think this was just one of the several threads that quietly conked out when Errant Story itself did. Myra had only a brief cameo in it, but Eve and Leo had somewhat more major roles, owing to Khoo's rather inept attempt to do some recruiting for the mission that Masaki gave him and Anna-Lisa. (Note that Layla also has a cameo here as a result of that recruiting, but I do not plan to activate her for the new thread, although it can be done if circumstances warrant.)

The nominal reason for introducing Khoo and Anna-Lisa to the new thread was as a continuation of the work they were doing for Masaki. That could be either a direct follow-up to this thread, or something new as a result of Masaki being satisfied (!!??) with what they'd done in this one. I'm good either way.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: The latter is my preferred interpretation; that's why Anna-Lisa's flashback has Choubei commenting that their role in "Operation Girlfriend" was over, encouraging them to have amnesia about it, and sending them to Ester for a new assignment. I have some rewriting to do with my old plans for this one & hope to wake it up maybe next weekend.]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I'm for wrapping this up to fill in the blank. No reason for us to rush though. /OOC
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Thanks! It's not a very "rushy" kind of adventure & might well involve other characters before it ends.]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, let's consider it wrapped. Shall I move it to the Rear View Mirror sub-forum to avoid confusion?

I must admit, I'd forgotten what I'd written in the "Puppet Masters" threads, just as you say you had here, JR. One can only keep track of just so much information at one time! But the new thread seems like a pretty good place for gathering up loose ends -- although any that remain with the original, venerable thread complex with Rose, Tim, early parts of Eli, and the whole cast of thousands, still have a lot of gathering to do.

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: To the contrary! It's only Khoo's and Anna-Lisa's part that is wrapped; Eve's and Nika's has a way to go, and maybe someone else will get involved before it ends; and the thread isn't long enough to need a part 2 yet.]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, no big deal either way.