Salvus and homeward

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Salvus and homeward

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Sorry, rushed off my feet atm. I'll try to get one in in the next couple of days./OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: No prob, JR. A little amusement until Tamina is ready to sing:]

By the end of the Tsuirakuan version of Therese's folk song, one of the locals had finally been emboldened to give the weird foreign music a try. Actually, it wasn't so much a matter of "emboldened" as "drunk as a skunk." His hearing had probably also been more or less blasted by the din. Whatever the explanation, he wobbled up to Therese and Desiree.

"Hey, ladiesh! Let'sh dancsh the nexsht one!" he slurred, the smell of strong drink -- bad strong drink -- on his breath.

[OOC: I'm not much of a drinker, and am accordingly not the best at writing for a drunk, in all likelihood. If either of you want to take this guy over from here, go for it, with my blessings.]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

Whatever the explanation, he wobbled up to Therese and Desiree.
"Hey, ladiesh! Let'sh dancsh the nexsht one!" he slurred, the smell of strong drink -- bad strong drink -- on his breath.

"No. Thank you," I reply firmly. The last bit is really just polite habit.

I turn to Therese. "I think I need a drink. Will you join me?" I need some alcohol in me before they butcher whatever poor Tamina attempts to sing for them.

-- Desiree

OOC: I'm not much of a drinker. The last drink I had was last week when I took a shot of rum after burning my mouth while taste-testing some chili I was making. (Alcohol sooths burns and keeps them from blistering - if you burn your hand, pour rubbing alcohol on the burn and you can reduce overall tissue damage)
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The Salvusite took the rejection in shtride, er, stride. "Oh. 'Sh'okay." He tottered back to the table, as far from the "band" as he could get, and resumed drinking.

Therese rolled her eyes. "I'd have to say a drink sounds pretty good right now. Let's." She started toward the bar, where the bartender was doing his best to avoid eye contact with any of the Tsuirakuans.

[OOC: Problem is, we're all just too straight a bunch here. :roll: Where's Viking-Sensei when we need him?...]

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Therese rolled her eyes. "I'd have to say a drink sounds pretty good right now. Let's." She started toward the bar, where the bartender was doing his best to avoid eye contact with any of the Tsuirakuans.

I follow her. At the bar, I take a seat and order what I hope is some sort of sweetish drink.

Hopefully the alcohol will numb the effect this group is having on good music.

Also... weren't we supposed to be talking to these people about that woman that Rose said saw the "fairy like creatures"? How are we supposed to do that in all this noise?

-- Desiree

OOC: That's really all I've got until Tamina takes her turn.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The bartender was pleasant enough, and favored the Tsuirakuans with a look of tolerant amusement as he prepared Desiree's and Therese's drinks. "They're all crazy, you know," he said, placing the drinks in front of his new customers. "Tsuirakuans, I mean. I can see from your outfits you're not one of them. They tip real well, though."

Therese accepted her libation, a curiously green-tinted concoction that smelled like mint, cordially. "You've had other Tsuirakuans here before?" she asked; it had become relatively quiet in the bar, as the magical bird tried to make sense out of what Tamina was telling it. [OOC: that's your cue, JR. /OOC:]

The barkeep guffawed. "Yeah, you might say so. Most of 'em aren't as crazy as that bunch, but they're all pretty crazy. Why, just a few days ago, this girl comes through, and she's carrying a bird cage, and in the bird cage -- I'm not shitting you here -- in the bird cage there was a fairy. Damn thing drank as much as --"

Therese didn't hear the rest of what he said, because at the mention of the fairy, she spilled her drink.

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Ah! Catgirl! You sing too! One big happy party!"

"It's kobold!" Tamina corrected the enthusiastic Tsuirakuan with only minor annoyance, the prospect of sharing her peoples music was something she was more than happy to do, not to mention her delight at the magical bird (for non-snack related reasons). The humanoid launched into a pretty rendition of a tune called 'Ride of the Dropla', and accompanied it with the steady drumming of stubby hands and stomping feet.

"Umm, we got any campfires or warpaint?" She asked the man after she'd finished the tune. "Would make the song more or-.. oarth... umm... au-then-tic. Could show you a dance step with a spear too if you've got one!"

OOC Think of a fast-tempo but stripped down tune with a lot of drums and gyrating. That should give you a picture of what Tammy was singing./OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: I may be pretty sketchy for a while owing to serious illness in the family. :( I'll be able to participate, but possibly slow owing to the need to schlep the victim to distant hospitals, etc. -- one of the down sides to living in a small town in the boonies. Anyway:]

Tamina's song and dance elicited exactly the same reaction from the Tsuirakuans as Therese's and Desiree's songs had, and for a time, conversation in the bar became impossible against the background of alleged music from the band. By the time the din subsided, Therese had composed herself sufficiently to ask the barkeep the obvious question. "Funny you should bring -- Sasha up, that's the girl with the fairy. We've been wanting to talk to her. Any idea where she went from here?"

The bartender shook his head. "No idea. You might ask Fergus, though." He nodded in the direction of one of the Salvusites, a beefy man who'd actually been nodding along appreciatively when Tamina was singing and dancing, although he'd been as horrified as anyone else when the band took over. "He was chatting her up, tried to pick her up, even." He chuckled. "He failed, of course. He always does. But he might know something."

Therese cocked an eye at Desiree. "Well, shall we? I think I'll let you take the lead..."

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

The barkeep guffawed. "Yeah, you might say so. Most of 'em aren't as crazy as that bunch, but they're all pretty crazy. Why, just a few days ago, this girl comes through, and she's carrying a bird cage, and in the bird cage -- I'm not shitting you here -- in the bird cage there was a fairy. Damn thing drank as much as --"
Therese didn't hear the rest of what he said, because at the mention of the fairy, she spilled her drink.

My eyes widen and I only narrowly avoid choking. Therese, for all her drink spilling, moves on more smoothly than I would have imagined possible.

"Funny you should bring -- Sasha up, that's the girl with the fairy. We've been wanting to talk to her. Any idea where she went from here?"
The bartender shook his head. "No idea. You might ask Fergus, though." He nodded in the direction of one of the Salvusites, a beefy man who'd actually been nodding along appreciatively when Tamina was singing and dancing, although he'd been as horrified as anyone else when the band took over. "He was chatting her up, tried to pick her up, even." He chuckled. "He failed, of course. He always does. But he might know something."
Therese cocked an eye at Desiree. "Well, shall we? I think I'll let you take the lead..."

"Sure," I reply, standing. I'm not sure... wait, is Therese suggesting what I think she's suggesting? I suppose it might not come to that, but... well, I'll ask her when we get there, if we do.

I approach the large man, smiling. He looks taken aback for a moment, then smiles in return. "Excuse me," I say, working to be heard over the band, "I was told you could help me. The bartender said you know Sasha. If you could help me find her, I'd be... very appreciative." For the moment, I let his imagination consider what form that appreciation might take.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The beefy Salvusite's own eyes widened as he saw two attractive women bearing down on him. That doesn't happen often, Therese judged. I wonder why not? He doesn't look like he'd have much trouble getting dates -- rather handsome, in a bucolic sort of way, actually. So what's the catch? There has to be one.

The man, "Fergus," eventually found his tongue again. "S-s-s-sure," he stammered. "S-s-s-sasha? She was the g-g-girl with the fairy?"

[OOC: Not much here, but I'm still in a frenetic state at the moment owing to severe, nay, terminal :( illness in my wife's family. It's going to be kinda spotty for a week or two yet.]