Salvus and homeward

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Re: Salvus and homeward

Post by Drusia »

Therese had time for a quick whisper in Desiree's ear. "This is something I'd been thinking, and worrying, about. When we split off and go looking for Sasha, whether we follow Rose's suggestion or not ... do we want to take Tamina? She has some useful skills, but she's ill at ease in some settings, and she's rather ... volatile."

I blink. Bring Tamina? Why would we? Or, rather... "Why would she want to come with us," I ask Therese. "I mean, she's Argus's apprentice, right? I assumed she'd want to stay with Rose and Argus." I pause, considering. Unless she wants to see my mother again. If we can contact her, I'm sure my mother would want to come along for this - and Tamina might very well be interested in seeing her again. "I guess we'll have to ask her what she wants to do. I... wouldn't mind her coming with us." I shrug a little vaguely.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: So with this little interlude winding down, and the issue of who continues on to where at least raised if not necessarily resolved, can we move on to Salvus? I dangled this out there in the hopes that there would be some action for Argus in the Ghob city, but Drannin continues to be MIA.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I'm good to move forward./OOC
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

OOC I'm good to move forward./OOC

So am I. In case that was in any way unclear.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, so let it be so...]

Dark was falling by the time the caravan reached Salvus.

"Lillith told us a little about this place," Sister Rose said as the group alit from the steam wagon in search of somewhere to catch a late dinner. "It's the closest city of any size to San-- to where she grew up, and where she and her husband now live." I'm not sure whether Santuariel tries to remain under wraps here -- I don't see how it could, since they trade with Salvus -- but I'll keep quiet about it just to be safe. "Trade center, more or less a typical border town, some rough areas best avoided but mainly full of people living their lives. Stay out of the cheap bars and we shouldn't have any problems. I think there's a small Veracian consulate here."

"So how do we go about finding a band of Tsuirakuan traders in this place?" Therese wondered. "You'd think they would stick out like a sore thumb, but traders learn how to blend in with the territory they work, so maybe not."

This caused Rose and Argus to smirk at each other and roll their eyes in unison. "Well, these aren't just any traders, they're associated with the Mesuinus. They're rather ... flamboyant." Argus cringed visibly at Rose's summation.

"So, any ideas?" Rose continued.

[OOC: Go for it. :mrgreen: ]

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"It's the closest city of any size to San-- to where she grew up, and where she and her husband now live. Trade center, more or less a typical border town, some rough areas best avoided but mainly full of people living their lives. Stay out of the cheap bars and we shouldn't have any problems. I think there's a small Veracian consulate here."
"So how do we go about finding a band of Tsuirakuan traders in this place?" Therese wondered. "You'd think they would stick out like a sore thumb, but traders learn how to blend in with the territory they work, so maybe not."
This caused Rose and Argus to smirk at each other and roll their eyes in unison. "Well, these aren't just any traders, they're associated with the Mesuinus. They're rather ... flamboyant." Argus cringed visibly at Rose's summation.
"So, any ideas?" Rose continued.

"I didn't realize we'd be so close," I reply, surprised. "Do you think we should go visit Lillith and Brad? Even if she doesn't remember any additional details, I'd love to see how she's doing." I've always been a bit curious to visit Santuriel. I mean, I know there's probably a lot of things there I don't want to see since they don't cull for potential Errants like we do, but I almost think I should look at what that looks like. Maybe it will make it... easier back home. Or maybe I'll end up like Lillith, and I won't be able to stand it anymore.

I wonder what Compassion will have to say about that issue.

I think Rose is asking for ideas about meeting these traders, but if Argus and Rose think they'll be easy to find, I'm not sure what ideas she's asking for. And, there's a good chance Lillith will remember more about Compassion than Rose does. If they really are that close, maybe we should just take the time to speak with them directly.

-- Desiree

OOC: I'm not set on a visit to Santuriel, but it could be interesting so long as someone feels like playing Lillith for the duration. Or not - I'm flexible.
Oh - it would be nice of Rose could clarify her question. Like Desiree, I have no idea what she's asking there. ^^;;
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Would the traders have any interesting shinies?" The kobold inquired, looking around the town with a smile which had resurfaced now they were finally off the iron thing and in less hostile territory. An idea suddenly struck her as she considered methods for finding the group.

"Oh! Would the Messy-anus peoples have any perfumes? Maybe a smell that stands out? I could track em! Umm.... Wha-? What's funny?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Let's pause for just an e-minute and figure out how to play this, although I must admit, pausing in mid-chuckle after what Tamina just did is difficult. :lol:

It honestly had not occurred to me that the characters might want to go check on Lillith and Brad, but of course they would. It's Argus' daughter and son-in-law, after all, and Rose pretty much thinks of Lillith not just as a stepdaughter, but as part of her own family. And Desiree is right that Lillith might know more about Compassion; for that matter, so might Brad. So they would certainly want to make that side trip if possible. However, there are two things to be careful about. One, since Santuariel is small and there are well-developed canon characters there, we'll have to be careful about canon, the more so since Lillith actually knows Leah and Riley. There is no indication that she knows Ian or his family, but it would be reasonable to assume she does. That doesn't prevent us from going to Santuariel, but we'll have to be cautious.

Two, and more of an issue, Sareth definitely isn't coming back soon to resume being Lillith, and I'm getting worried about Drannin and Argus as well. So how do we handle the Lillith role? Collectively, or do I just pretend I'm Sareth (whom I've met in real life, and I think I can get inside his head to some extent, but not completely) and take the reins for Lillith? Either answer is okay for me, so how do other people feel about it?

As soon as we're okay with the answers to these two issues/questions, we can do it; there is clearly fun to be had there, I just want to make sure we don't wind up in an uncomfortable position when we do.

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I'd be ok with either you, Drusia, or both playing Lilith and Brad if the story's turning in that direction. Personally I wouldn't feel confident enough to write for those characters given my lesser amount of contact with them.

Either/or, I'm good to move forward./OOC
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC I'd be ok with either you, Drusia, or both playing Lilith and Brad if the story's turning in that direction. Personally I wouldn't feel confident enough to write for those characters given my lesser amount of contact with them.

Either/or, I'm good to move forward./OOC
OOC: Agreed, except I'd rather Graybeard play Lillith since he's A) done it before and B) knows Sareth better. I had difficulties predicting Lillith sometimes.