Salvus and homeward

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Re: Salvus and homeward

Post by Drusia »

Lillith opened her mouth, but words wouldn't come out at first, so she closed it, re-opened, tried again. "You do pick the most disagreeable changes of subject," she finally said flatly, the warmth in her eyes dimmed by more than one notch.

Well that wasn't very positive. "Has she caused some sort of trouble?" I ask cautiously.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Lillith fixed Desiree with a most un-Lillith-like glare. "Any Errant is trouble. You, of all people, should know that."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Lillith fixed Desiree with a most un-Lillith-like glare. "Any Errant is trouble. You, of all people, should know that."

I blink. "A real Errant? Like, homicidally insane?" That has to be what she means, right? A fellow half-elf wouldn't refer to one of our race as an Errant unless they were full on insane... would she?

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"She has-- issues with other half elves," Lillith answered tightly. "Kind of makes you wonder why she came here."

[OOC: back in full contact tomorrow.]

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"She has-- issues with other half elves," Lillith answered tightly. "Kind of makes you wonder why she came here."

Oh. Okay. Hm. Probably not time to quibble.

"I see," I reply cautiously. "Well, technically, we were hoping to speak with the small fairy-like creature she was reported to be carrying with her." I hold up the cage. "We're rather worried about her. The little fairy creature, I mean. We think she might be... well, one of our goddesses." Or close enough in my case.

And I really, really hope that Compassion isn't related to this banshee thing. I'm getting the unfortunate impression that this might all be connected.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, back in full contact, so let's advance this a bit, as Lillith fills in some backstory...]

"We're rather worried about her. The little fairy creature, I mean. We think she might be... well, one of our goddesses."

Rather atypically, Lillith guffawed at this statement. "That was what I thought too, the first time I saw her. But I'll tell you, if she's one of the goddesses, then well, the goddesses must be crazy." Her eyes narrowed. "Or worse."

This did not sit well with Therese, whose relationship with Desiree was beginning to convince her there might be a connection between the elven Paedagogusi and the Five Great Mothers that her own people worshiped. "How so?"

"All she ever did," Lillith explained, "was prate about Sasha's 'destiny' -- maybe other people's too, I can't remember for sure, but mainly Sasha. And then, a few weeks later, they show up here so she can follow her destiny." She snorted. "A half elf, I remind you, who grew up learning to hate other half elves and prepare to help the elves destroy us. Doesn't exactly sound like the kind of 'destiny' we would find desirable here in Santuariel, does it?"

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"All she ever did," Lillith explained, "was prate about Sasha's 'destiny' -- maybe other people's too, I can't remember for sure, but mainly Sasha. And then, a few weeks later, they show up here so she can follow her destiny." She snorted. "A half elf, I remind you, who grew up learning to hate other half elves and prepare to help the elves destroy us. Doesn't exactly sound like the kind of 'destiny' we would find desirable here in Santuariel, does it?"

Huh. Actually, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Compassion might have chosen Sasha for her access to the elves - although I'm still not clear on how that works.

"Who trained her to help the elves?" I ask. Then I shake my head - not now. "Wait, never mind. Crazy prattle or not, we really need to find Compassion. We might be able to offer her an alternative way to fulfill her destiny." And she might have a way for me to fulfill mine.

I pause, then add "Does any of this have to do with this Banshee problem you have? It seems an odd coincidence if not."

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Does any of this have to do with this Banshee problem you have? It seems an odd coincidence if not."

Lillith snorted. "I don't see how it could. The spirits are just restless. They might have got stirred up when Sasha came through; goddess knows she creates enough of a mess with us mortals. But she hasn't been here for weeks now and --"

She broke off as Therese pulled out the birdcage and wordlessly pointed to the scorch mark on the bottom of the cage. When she resumed, her tone had become much quieter. "Oh, my. Compassion was in that cage. That burn wasn't there before. Was it like that when you found it?" Therese nodded, and Lillith continued, "I ... maybe I was wrong about there not being a connection. May I -- commune with this cage for a while? You're invited to dinner, of course, go on into town and my husband will make something. And then -- and then --"

Therese finished the thought. "Whether there's a connection between Compassion and the banshee or not, we'd better look into it, huh?"

[OOC: On that note, how about we open a new thread called "Santuariel, Compassion and the banshee"? This one is about at our usual maximum thread length, and it's pretty clear where this is going next...]

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Graybeard wrote:[OOC: On that note, how about we open a new thread called "Santuariel, Compassion and the banshee"? This one is about at our usual maximum thread length, and it's pretty clear where this is going next...]
OOC: Sure, sounds good to me.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, then new topic going up soon. We're always game for new players, too!