Salvus and homeward

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Salvus and homeward

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Don't worry about it Grey. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Take care, the story can wait as long as needed./OOC
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"S-s-s-sure," he stammered. "S-s-s-sasha? She was the g-g-girl with the fairy?"

"Yes," I agree, "The girl with the fairy. We really need to talk with her about something. It's very important we find her."

There. This is going easier than I'd planned.

-- Desiree

OOC: No worries - I've been busy myself. Obviously.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Coming up for air for a few days while the next act of terminal illness plays out...]

Therese thought about it for a moment, and decided to do something very out of character for her -- as she strongly hoped Desiree would realize.

She moved over to Fergus and placed a hand softly on his arm. "We would be very appreciative," she breathed.

Fergus blinked at Desiree, at Therese, at Desiree again. "A t-t-t-threesome," he mumbled under his breath. "W-w-w-wow!"

The alleged music started up again, and he had to pitch his voice higher to be heard over the din. When he did so, the stammer disappeared. "Ladies, I think I can help. Your friend Sasha, she said she was going back to Veracia to check something out at some place called Delphiniel. She said --"

"FERGUS McMANIEL!" a female voice screeched from the door, loud enough not just to rise over the music but to cow it into significance. "YOU GET YOUR HANDS OFF THOSE WHORES AND COME HOME THIS INSTANT!"

Fergus gulped. "S-s-s-shit," he swore under his breath. "Y-y-yes, dear..."

Nobody outside his immediate circle could hear him, including the formidable presence at the door, but it didn't really matter.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

She moved over to Fergus and placed a hand softly on his arm. "We would be very appreciative," she breathed.
Fergus blinked at Desiree, at Therese, at Desiree again. "A t-t-t-threesome," he mumbled under his breath. "W-w-w-wow!"

Oh! I wasn't expecting that. Well, sure, if it gets us the information -

"Ladies, I think I can help. Your friend Sasha, she said she was going back to Veracia to check something out at some place called Delphiniel. She said --"

Veracia again? Well, at least it's close to home.

"FERGUS McMANIEL!" a female voice screeched from the door, loud enough not just to rise over the music but to cow it into significance. "YOU GET YOUR HANDS OFF THOSE WHORES AND COME HOME THIS INSTANT!"
Fergus gulped. "S-s-s-shit," he swore under his breath. "Y-y-yes, dear..."

I try not to smile. I guess we won't need to worry about bedding him afterall. "Quickly, before you go," I say, touching his arm gently, "What exactly did she say?"

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"What exactly did she say?"

Fergus looked fearfully at Desiree, at the large, overbearing woman at the door, back to Desiree. "S-s-said s-s-she was f-f-followin' her d-d-dest--"

"FERGUS! YOU GET YOUR SORRY ASS OVER HERE!" Three glasses sitting on the bar shattered into flinders, and even the Tsuirakuans stopped dancing for a brief moment.

"Y-y-y-yes, dear," the Salvusite said miserably, and slunk off to the door and out of the bar.

The bartender shook his head sadly in the direction of the departing pair, as more screeches could be heard outside. "Poor guy. His sis has him pretty well under her thumb. Folks say they've got a bit of elf blood in 'em, so it figures, you know?" He paused to refill a Tsuirakuan's glass as the "dancing" resumed.

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

A moment after the bartender refilled the Tsuirkuan's glass a furry humanoid slammed into the bar with adrenalin-soaked enthusiasm and a toothy grin directed at it's proprietor.

"Swoggles please!" Tamina greeted him.
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"S-s-said s-s-she was f-f-followin' her d-d-dest--"

Destiny, I finish mentally. Well... hopeful yet vague.

"Y-y-y-yes, dear," the Salvusite said miserably, and slunk off to the door and out of the bar.
"Poor guy. His sis has him pretty well under her thumb. Folks say they've got a bit of elf blood in 'em, so it figures, you know?"

"That was his sister?" I ask, momentarily shocked. I was almost certain she was his lover or wife. How odd. Not that it particularly matters now that we have our information, such as it is.

I turn to Therese. "You were amazing," I tell her, smiling. I put my hand over hers and give it a quick squeeze. I let the moment hang for about two seconds and then say "So, Delphiniel in Veracia would seem to be our next stop. I'll need to check a map, but baring some geographical weirdness, it sounds like we're heading to Saus."

And hopefully we can help this Sasha fulfill her destiny - and mine.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Therese was still goggling at the retreating pair of Salvusites. She turned to the bartender, puzzlement, and a bit of dismay, on her face. "B-but the way they were talking," she got out, "I thought they weren't brother and sister, I thought they were--"

The barkeep cut her off. "Missy, I learned a long time ago that if you really don't want to know the answer, you better not ask the question." He turned to fetch Tamina an Old Peculiar, which remarkably enough, he had.

Therese swallowed hard and returned Desiree's squeeze. "Saus it is, I guess... wherever you want to go. But if that's it, we'd better go find Rose."

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Therese swallowed hard and returned Desiree's squeeze. "Saus it is, I guess... wherever you want to go. But if that's it, we'd better go find Rose."

I nod. "Saus is the only city in Veracia with a gate, so it's probably the fastest place to head to. Of course, we'd need to get to a city on the gate network first." Well, or contact my mother, but that's likely the harder of the two options.

I look over at the Tsuirkuans. "Actually, they might still be our best bet, unpleasant as their music is. After gates, airship is the fastest way to travel."

Therese seems ready to leave, but Tamina just got her order. "Maybe we should have a word with one of them before we talk to Rose?" I suggest hesitantly.

-- Desiree
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Hello again to all, and sorry for vanishing like that, but now I should be able to play regularly again. If not quite as often as before.

Is this scene just a few days after Clovius? There's someone I'd like to involve in the new adventure, if a new adventure it's going to be, but I think he'd need a little more time lag before he could properly make it in.

Update: Graybeard tells me it is just a few days later, so it's not feasible to bring Udo in. Later maybe.]