Murder on the Majestic Otter

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Murder on the Majestic Otter

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Their personal cabins would be our best bet." Jade volunteered. "I doubt any of them are locked tight enough to present any difficulty to half our party if we wanted to get in without drawing the attention of Moriarty's crew."

The blacksmith let out a sigh.

"It's occurred to me that one method of investigation we haven't considered yet would be simply following any of the suspects we know of. We'll either clear them or catch them... or possibly die in the attempt."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Aha! An idea is hatched... and it will involve a part of the ship not yet visited by our doughty crew that needs to be.]

Khoo and Kevin didn't look too reassured by the "or die in the attempt" part of Jade's soliloquy, but Edgar, of all people (sort of), piped up. "Hey, not to worry. We familiars are basically indestructible while our bosses are alive. I can do all kinds of snooping wherever there aren't any archmages around to cast Dispels... oh." The three humans said the same thing at the same time: "Tsuirakuans ..." and Edgar got the point.

They brooded for a few seconds, and then Kevin had a brainstorm. "There's one place where we can be pretty sure that no high-powered Tsuirakuan would be caught dead, though." The others looked at him with doubt in their faces, but again, everybody spoke at once:

"The crew quarters!"

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Jade shrugged. She was willing to just follow along at this point.

"Well, lead the way. Maybe some of the Captain's employee will be able to shed some light on this perplexing mystery."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"But how are we going to get in there undetected?" Khoo wondered.

Edgar just shrugged. "Remember, I'm hard-wired with an Obfuscation spell. If I don't want to be seen, I won't be. We just need to find the door to the crew's quarters and I'll hang around until somebody goes through it, poke around inside for a little, then come back out the next time it opens. Simple."

In the event, however, the group only made it to the corridor with the door before Edgar held up a paw (hand?), no small trick since he was flying at the time. "Back up, fast," he almost whispered. Nobody was going to argue. The group beat a hasty retreat..

"What's up?" Khoo asked as soon as they were innocently(?) standing at the rail, looking out at the water.

Prior experience suggested that it was hard for a familiar to look grim, but Edgar managed. "The missus is back in there," he said through clenched teeth. "I can feel her. And there's something very wrong with her. She's alive, but --"

He was interrupted by three loud blasts from the ship's horn; the signal that they were about to get under way.

Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: If there are no objections, I'm going to push this forward as fanfic for a while. I'd really love to get it back alive as multi-player but I don't think it's happening any time soon. I won't be adding stuff frequently, but current events have given me an idea...