Airship Pirates, Chapter 1: Isabel

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Airship Pirates, Chapter 1: Isabel

Post by Sareth »

"Oh, the usual," the man replied. "Cannibals, of course."
liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

Leana stops, "Wait, were rescuers? I though we were pirates."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"I told you we were rescuers," Rip scolded. (This was actually true.) "If we happen to engage in a little plunder on the side, well, all the better." He turned back to the Tsuirakuan. "What's the tactical situation? How many, how well armed?"

"RAAAWWK. And how hungry?" Rip had to hand it to Thurston; he did have a way of getting right to the heart of the matter...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Oh, about half as many as when they started, I imagine," the man replied. "You see, the artifact does tend to rob them of their intellect initially. We did try to warn them. The usual... cursed artifacts... don't touch... bad idea... But they were just convinced that we were trying to scare them away from their loot. Well, after they first were cursed, they initially tried eating one another. That wouldn't have been so bad, but then the smarter, less hungry ones figured out that eating us would be better on their friendship. I was able to get my bonds free and was able to escape just as they began discussing the menu options. The men for dinner, and the women for desert." He sighed. "By now the savages are probably just getting ready for desert. We tried to warn them, we really did. But pirates never have been known for their brains."
liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"Humanoid intelligence is an oxymoron. Now then, would lightning get you out of their faster? Or should some one else help?" Leana says reaching a hand down the hole with small sparks flickering off.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"'Rob them of their intellect'," Rip mused. "So you're saying this 'artifact' basically turns people into Veracians?"

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

The man snickered. "Only better fed. Human is the most digestible meat there is..."
liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"Hmmmm, maybe Leana should be a cannibal then." said with a sly smile.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: After a VERY long period of inactivity, this thread may be about to reactivate, for a brief, peculiar time. Details TBA, although you can get a sense of some possible directions of it here.

I mention this because it's a great thread for introducing new characters without having to know all the stuff that has been going on, literally for years now, in the other threads. Despite brief, "serious" moments when it intersects with the Veracian and Lorrel threads, we've tried to run this one with more of a light, comedic touch, and so would it be in the future. So: Anyone interested in crewing the Bonny Read as they do their next "mission" (which, it is fair to say, will be very unlike the previous one)? A "casting call" is currently wide open, with the positions of Captain, First Mate, Navigator/Third Mate and Gunnery Officer all filled already, but anything else is available to any character that is, looks or just smells human-like.