Airship Pirates, Chapter 1: Isabel

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
liefone
Forum Regular

Re: Airship Pirates, Chapter 1: Isabel

Post by liefone »

"Hmmmm... Hey, ya I do! Those things are crazy! Though faster then this puppet..." Leana says, swiftly moving to one and quickly gearing up.

"On wards, tally not!"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Alright! I'm all caught up on things. Take the skies my minions! Find the Queen Anne! Loot! Plunder! Collect wenc... Sorry, too much channeling Katie.[/OOC]

It was not long after getting aloft with the aid of the offshore breeze and a conveniently placed bluff that something began to come into view. Hiding (as well as something several hundred feet long can hide) just above a collection of trees was a large gas bag. The upper half was painted a mottled collection of greens, beneath was a robins egg blue, and painted on the tail fin was a particularly unpleasant looking patch of black in which could be seen a horned skeleton that appeared to be attempting to make kabobs out of a heart and several cute kittens. Along the side could be seen, in large letters, the words "Queen Anne's Revenge." The ship appeared to have been tethered to several of the taller trees and was idly bobbing in the breeze. A long rope and log gang plank had been stretched to the tallest of these, with ladders leading down from the branches.
liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"That it?" Leana asks pointing at the ship.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"That it?"

Rip banked his glider for a better view, but he really didn't need to; there just weren't that many several-hundred-foot-long airships anchored on the coast of Farrel, after all, let alone ones with big signs saying ...

... Wait a minute. The legend on the side of this one said "Queen Anne's Revenge." The airship they were looking for was the "Queen Alice's Revenge." What to make of that? He pointed out this anomaly to Thurston.

"RAWWK. Some people don't know how to spell," the parrot squawked around his cigar.

[OOC: Typo, or a different airship? Your call...]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Typo. Eep! That's what happens when I make fun of history...[/OOC]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, so "Queen Alice's Revenge" it is...]

"Yep, that's the Queen A, all right," Rip confirmed. [OOC: How's that for a copout? ;) /OOC...] "Let's head for the mother ship."

"RAAAWK! Say what?" Thurston said, dropping his cigar. "Ain't we gonna raid the thing? That's what we're here for, ain't it?"

Rip scowled at his familiar, who was flapping his wings to try to hover along with the hang glider. "Not really. Remember what Kattie said? We're just supposed to locate her, then go back and get the rest of the crew. If we went after her ourselves, it'd be our ass. They outnumber us fifty to one." He looked around, remembered that Leana was in the other hang glider. "Two. One and a half? Anyway, we get an extra share of the loot for the find."

Thurston looked dubious, but said, "If you say so, boss. But how we gonna get back to the BR? She's a long way up, and..." Suddenly all of the color drained out of his face, which was quite an impressive trick for a parrot. "SURELY you're not gonna cast Gust of Wind again..."

Rip gave serious consideration to, uh, letting one go, just for the sake of seeing his familiar's reaction, but stifled the idea (and the urge). "No, I think we can get enough lift off that ridge over there. Let's get a move on before they see us. Young lady, want to join us and make your fortune?"

liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"Fortune; not my goal in life, I only need the coins to keep this pup- er... to stay... alive... but free travel, that sound better, no more walking around!"

"So what is it i am joining any way? Ariel navy?"

"Also whats 'BA' stand for?"

OOC: Leana and Athon'yataoe don't know about the 'red shirt' thing...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"'BR' is the ship we're from," Rip answered, carefully dodging the "what am I joining" question. "The Bonny Read, a fully state-of-the-art, modern airship with every up-to-date convenience." For a pirate ship, anyway. "Follow me and we'll join up with her." He banked the hang glider back toward the ridge to catch some lift.

A few minutes later, he, Leana and Xzen, who'd caught up with them [OOC: Xzen-the-player, if you're still around, we're active again, and if not, we'll drag the character along... /OOC:], crested the ridge and looked across at their mother ship, which had settled to a lower elevation. "What do you think of her?" Rip asked. "Pretty classy, huh?"

[OOC: Here's some more info on the Bonny Read, for the convenience of Leana and anyone else who wants to pop in. We're, um, a bit short on crew after some of the earlier misadventures...]

liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"Meh, it's a ship, oh quick question! How, lightning proof is it?" Leana said, starting to look all shifty...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Now where did that come from? Rip asked himself. "Uh, I really don't know," he said. "We try not to fly in stormy conditions. Why do you ask?"