Airship Pirates, Chapter 1: Isabel

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Airship Pirates, Chapter 1: Isabel

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, one more try, since we do have a potential third character... /OOC:]

"Well, no matter. Made quite a splatter when he hit, didn't he?"

"Yeah, I'm afraid so," Rip told the farmer. "A magical Slow Fall will only take you just so -- THURSTON, THAT'S DISGUSTING!!"

The parrot was taking up right where the vultures had left off when they were shooed away. At the reproach from his master, he turned and cocked a beady eye back at Rip. "RAAAWK. A parrot's gotta eat somehow, somewhere. Now can I have a cigar to get the taste out of my mouth?"

Rip rolled his eyes and fished a cigar out of his pocket; the things were revolting, but not nearly as revolting as what his familiar had been doing. As he leaned to give Thurston a light, he noticed a short, young girl approaching...

[OOC: Annnnd ... enter Leana!]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

''My, my what do we have here,'' A young lady dressed in a red dress asks, gently walking towards the corpse, ''A bird, smoking? And a corpse, how interesting.''

OOC:
I don't think i should control other characters yet, as I don't really know what they would do yet, don't wanna screw to many things up.
Oh and Athon'yataoe is currently in charge of the body, just to start it; he's a lot braver.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Rip blinked. "Who are you?"

[OOC: There's your opening to say as much about the character as you wish ... or not.]

liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"Who am I? That question has many answers," She replies with emphasis on the 'My', "My answer is: a celestial joke. One could say I am that which never ends, ask me tomorrow and my answer will change. Though one could say the way I received my answer could describe me too."

"One could get more answers by asking who I was, as those just as much define me. A warrior, a mage, a scholar, or more, what else could be? For now I guess a dancer would fit."

"If it's my name by which you mean why, I guess you could call me... Leana..."

"One thing that most certainly is 'me' is my hate for philosophy, but with nothing, what else is their? Though my question to you is, what brings you here, by this abandoned puppet?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Um, okay," Rip said, not quite having expected the torrent of "philosophy" that this character claimed to hate, yet delivered anyway. "Name's Rip. Now a question: might you have happened to see a large, uh, grounded airship anywhere nearby?"

liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"Grounded ship? Hmmmm... No, no I did not see one, though I may have felt it, assuming it can fly."

"If that be what you seek, then that way be which you should go," She proclaimed pointing the way from when she came, "but why do you wish to know this?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]I need to refresh myself on the thread, expect more from me some time this afternoon.[/OOC]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"but why do you wish to know this?"

"We're, ah, a rescue mission," Rip said, not even lying; they were out to rescue a bunch of treasure from the Queen A's foul clutches, after all. (Assuming the Queen A got to Nikolaitis first, anyway. And there was always the little matter of "rescuing" Arabella.) "Can you lead me to them?"

liefone
Forum Regular

Post by liefone »

"Uhh... I guess... Follow me." Leana said twirling around and walking away.

"It may take some time to get their, I don't remember unimportant things well... well, at least not anymore..."

OOC: Feel free to control were their led, since you been in on this site longer, and will know terrain better.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"I don't remember unimportant things well... well, at least not anymore..."

Isn't she a bit young for that kind of problem?
Rip wondered, then decided not to press it.

They hadn't gone more than ten yards when an idea struck him, and he stopped in his tracks. They were walking with the wind. It would be a lot easier to see the Queen A from the air, and the dead man's hang glider lay in a heap back close to where he'd augered in after he fell out of it...

"Do you know how to use one of these things?" he said, pointing to his own rig.

[OOC: Yeah, I know, what are the odds, but it'll make it easier to get back on the Airship Pirates theme if the answer happens to be yes...]