Long time no see!

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Long time no see!

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Hey errant roadies!

It's been what? 3 years since I was last here? I'm just putting out a message to let everyone know I'm back and I'm gearing up to start a new pass along thread in on the road.

I noticed that the forum's been dead for the last year but I'm hoping that'll change. Are any of my old writing buddies still around? What have I missed?

Jack
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Long time no see!

Post by Graybeard »

Hey, welcome back, Jack! As far as I know, I'm the only one left here, after Drusia's life went in other directions (and presumably Desiree and Therese went off to live happily ever after). I'd love to revitalize some Errant Road, and more broadly Errant World, stuff, and this is a good time to do it. More on that by PM if you're interested. Note that I have been doing some "fanfic" on the continuing adventures of Sister Rose and such colleagues as their "owners" have been OK with me including in the ongoing story; you might check that out, again if you're interested. That story line does mean that Rose is not available for your reboot here, however, as she's currently about to get swallowed up in a bunch of stuff in the Anuban Colonies (and is pregnant with Argus' child, as one might have suspected by now...).

So, I could run in Layla, Khoo, or Rip (or, in principle, Grope, although that might be hard to choreograph) as participants in what you're trying to revive, and I would also not be averse to PC-izing the important NPC Elke from the previous long-running game; I'd already been thinking about how she might have survived the final cataclysm, and with your story line set close to the Eisenfaust territory around Lorrel, she'd fit well.

Let me know what you're thinking, and we can try to revive this thing. I found Errant Road enormous fun, largely because of the quality and creativity of the writers, and I've missed it greatly! So let's see what we can do.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Thanks Grey. I've been rereading several threads over the last few months to catch up and I'm ready to write again now I've got the time and motivation.
Great to hear from you again!

My current plan is to tie up several loose threads from the fallout of the Ralkin story, namely jade (since I started the whole thing with her it seems appropriate), followed by myra, eli and tamina. The whole things wide open for anyone who wants to to get involved. I'll check out what rose is up to when I get the chance. I'd be interested in hearing your ideas.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OK, then. Let's let Layla live more or less happily ever after with Ace (and, of course, Zachary) up in Rinkaiel, to be called in if circumstances warrant -- she's currently in "deep cover" with the Gewehr but is still nominally a Wraith if called on, although more and more, she hopes she won't be. Rose, again, is out of the picture, and Rip's airship would have wandered off somewhere, presumably with Rip. So it's either Khoo or Elke, neither of whom would know Jade as far as I can tell. Note that Khoo has interacted with Leo and Eve, and maybe Rufus, but I think that's the extent of his Silver Hands interactions.

Your choice between the two. If you're inclined toward the comedic, I'll fire up Khoo, whose desperate attempts to shed the permanently attached Anna-Lisa would incline that way. Elke ... well, her situation is NOT comedic, and there is an understory, although I will minimize it until and unless any of the characters from the Rose/Argus/etc. thread complex crop up again. (Remember the big kaboom in the Far North? She would have survived it, but not without repercussions...)

I too have been re-reading many of those threads, partly to make sure that what I'm writing now for Rose is consistent (there's a weird bit of geography in the Errant World that nearly defies consistency, but that's one thing I'm working on), but mainly just because there was so much terrific role playing and writing. May it resume!

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

I'd say pick whichever feels more natural to you. On the one hand the Salaband thread was pretty comedic and taking on the 'mushroom wizard' with his weird spores seems like Khoo's territory. When did he meet the Silver Hands btw? But Elke seems to be a character who could provide direction to Jade and is certainly worthy of further development. And there's nothing wrong with a more serious direction.

Either? Both? Up to you.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

I just got an invite from Greybeard to join in the renewed fun, and am game for that myself...it might be a few days before I can put in some serious reading to get back up to speed.