I'm Back

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

I'm Back

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Hey guys, It's been an age. I don't know if anyone is still around but I'm happy to say I'm finally back onsite and gearing myself up to writing again. I'm sorry that I left for so long and so abruptly but the dark truth is... I've been battling alcoholism for some time now. By the time I'd made my last post in the Vengeance thread I was a wreck, and the idea of being able to reach into the clown-car my head had become and pull out something creative was a bad joke.

But there's a silver lining; after months of trying to get the treatment I needed and it being withheld (the fucking NHS told me straight out the only way I could get Librium to treat the DT's would be to hit the point I needed an ambulance) I bit the financial bullet and checked into a rehab centre. I got back on the wagon, completed the course, and I've been going to AA meetings 3 times a week ever since.

As of today I've been sober 85 days. The longest stretch I've probably had since I was 18. I've got my life back, my brain's in top form again and I'm itching to get back into creative writing. The Errant story forum is the best place to start; I've had some great memories here, and I consider my fellow 'errant roadies' to be friends... even if you are living on the other side of the planet. :)
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: I'm Back

Post by Graybeard »

Welcome back, Jack! And thanks for sharing your story -- the real-life one. Doing things like that is a great help to others who are also battling alcoholism. And it takes guts.

I'm still here if you want to resume, don't know about Al, and newcomers are obviously always welcome ...

-- GB

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: I'm Back

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Thanks Grey, I really appreciate it. It was dark times but I'm much better and much happier now. I'll re-read mushroom woods over the next few days and try to get something done. I'll try to get in touch with Al as well, if not I'm sure he won't mind us borrowing Udo for a little while.

And yes, newcomers welcome!