Calling all RPGers

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Calling all RPGers

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Errant Story's own free-form for-fun roleplaying game, Errant Road, is still looking for more victims members for our ongoing story. Right now, both of the current story arcs we've got going are in a good position to jump in, and we wouldn't mind the company.

Swing by, check out the Starting Point to read the rules (there aren't many) and offically sign up. If you have any questions, you can ask'em here, or PM Greybeard or I.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Calling all RPGers

Post by Graybeard »

Viking-Sensei wrote:Errant Story's own free-form for-fun roleplaying game, Errant Road, is still looking for more victims members for our ongoing story. Right now, both of the current story arcs we've got going are in a good position to jump in, and we wouldn't mind the company.

Swing by, check out the Starting Point to read the rules (there aren't many) and offically sign up. If you have any questions, you can ask'em here, or PM Greybeard or I.
"Graybeard," not "Greybeard," to avoid bounced messages, and I second Jim's call; this would be a great time to get more people involved, whether in drama or in comedy, as there are abundant plot opportunities for both.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I noticed we now are being advertised with a banner directly under the comic itself. I don't know if I find that awesome, or scary as all get up...

Anyway!

For those new and wanting to check the game out, and who may be thinking of joining, welcome!

Just a few pieces of information that I'm sure Viking-sensei or Graybeard would do a much better job of filling people out on than I, but which might be handy!

If you want to read the past events in order in an effort to figure out what's going on, the action starts here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=409 After several pages, things split so that we now have activity in both Kiyoka and Port Lorral, here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=465 If you just want to to see recent events , just read the last couple pages of those two threads. It won't explain everything, but will give you an idea of what's going on currently.

Other good threads to look at include the Character Workshop (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=396) for ideas on what sort of crazy characters are running around, and the NPC gallery (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=455) for an idea of what sort of people the players are interacting with.

And feel free to ask questions! We don't bite!

Well, Grope does, but that's a religious thing.

Come to think of it, Jamie might too. We're never quite sure about that one...

NOTE to Viking Sensei and Graybeard... should we specifically have a stickied "New Players Start Here" thread with this sort of info?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sareth wrote: NOTE to Viking Sensei and Graybeard... should we specifically have a stickied "New Players Start Here" thread with this sort of info?
Excellent idea! There's already a stickied "starting point" thread here, but it's more intended for people who've been in from the beginning. If our horned buddy doesn't get to this today, I'll do something when I get home from work.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

FYI: I'm contemplating joining up here. That is, if you guys think it is physically possible for me to be a part of something and not cause it to implode into some form of profane tesseract.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

By all means, join in. If we implode, you can be the scapegoat. That's a win-win for me.

FYI - please be someone who can use magic? What's the point in a magical world full of mages when our party consists, almost entirely, of gun-toting maniacs? Even the farmer is packing heat now. If you're dead-set on being an assassin, be a magical assassin... or an elf... or a magical elf assassin... something, just not another lead slinger.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie wrote:HEY! I also sling rocks, I'll have you know!
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

Viking-Sensei wrote:FYI - please be someone who can use magic? What's the point in a magical world full of mages when our party consists, almost entirely, of gun-toting maniacs? Even the farmer is packing heat now. If you're dead-set on being an assassin, be a magical assassin... or an elf... or a magical elf assassin... something, just not another lead slinger.
Deal... though I hope you know what you are getting yourself into. There is a lot more BS you can pull off with magic than you can with a firearm.
I'll try to hold myself in check, but this is Labrat we are talking about.

But don't worry. The one thing I have absolutely no desire to play is a professional assassin. I'm thinking something more along the lines of some minor mage raised in Tsuirakushiti who decided to jump ship early in his career, preferring to be the big fish in a small pond. It may be a while before I beat the details into shape, particularly how he got involved with the aforementioned group of thugs and miscreants, but the basics are starting to congeal. Expect a portly little bastard carrying little bundles of charms, a panama hat, and a collapsible chair on four wooden crablegs that carries him around.

At least that is my initial idea. It may be heavily amended depending on what I read about you bastards. From what I see so far, you guys are running something between Shadowrun and Sin City. I have no clue how people would respond to something slightly more colorful, less grimdark, oddly fitting for the ES universe. But I will probably be wriddled with bullets within three posts.

I do not relish the thought of the threadtrawl to come.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Hi

I'm a long-time reader/forum lurker (around since this thing started, more or less). Never really got into forum posting-much, but I'm interested in this web-rpg you have going. I was involved in one once, but it died a lonely death. Thought I'd check this one out.

Before, I get too involved, what's the tone like? Is this a pretty serious game? Mainly comedic? Somewhere in-between?

The character I have in mind is an expatriate Tsuirakushitian (hope I got that one right) mage who specializes in animation magic. Y'know, animate chair, animate plate, animate.... uh.... stuff.

"Animate stuff." The ultimate all-purpose spell.

He'd be aging, though not old, slightly embittered, yet irreverent. And a heavy drinker. Why all this? Two words: "Beer elemental."

So does this fit into your game structure, or am I totally on the wrong field?

*having tested the water, withdraws to see if it tries to eat him*
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

Labrat wrote:Expect a portly little bastard carrying little bundles of charms, a panama hat, and a collapsible chair on four wooden crablegs that carries him around.
Drannin two minutes later wrote:The character I have in mind is an expatriate Tsuirakushitian (hope I got that one right) mage who specializes in animation magic. Y'know, animate chair, animate plate, animate.... uh.... stuff.
Sonofabitch.
That is all.