Tsuiraku-town, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Tsuiraku-town, part 2

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Jade finished clomping to the top of the basement stairs just as she heard Jaime's yell carry across the vineyard.

'Gods no... another one?' She threw the shards of the destroyed golem to one side and broke into a run as the girl's mother shouted admonisment, veering around her to get to the front door.

She drank the scene in as she passed the doorway, snapping open her revolver and shaking the empty bullets free as the young woman near the shack stepped out of cover and into the path of the blue golem which was, unfortunately, completely solid this time around. Jade's eyes widened with disbelief. She was actually taunting the thing.

"Jaime! That thing's hard as stone! Run!"

Jade slammed fresh bullets into empty chambers, wondering all the while how the hell they would take down the second golem without a convienient spell to disrupt.

OOC Well... shit. Any idea's?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Jamie! What are you doing?!" Ace shouted, drawing his own weapon -- but it didn't seem to matter.

Still muttering under its breath (or it would have been if it had been breathing), the blue golem stopped in front of Jamie -- and took a ponderous step right, starting to move forward toward the shack.

Jamie dodged left, putting herself between the shack and the golem. [OOC: I presume that was your intention, right? If I'm wrong, this can be retconned. /OOC:]

The golem stopped, took a large step back left. Jamie blocked it again. The same pattern repeated itself.

Ace could stand it no more. "Would somebody tell me what the hell is going on here?" he shouted to no one in particular.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

Maya looked over at the Jasmine "it's so lively around here isn't it maybe we should make some tea for when everyone is done playing it helps calm everyone down." Maya smiled as if nothing was wrong treating it like a normal day, though normal around the vineyard was always odd at best.
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

Spoiler: show
Gault was in pain. Up his arm and back was that searing feeling and the heat that came with the knowledge that his coat was on fire, everything was moving as if it was in slow motion for him as quickly searched Mr. Silver's pockets before slowing back down to normal speed just as the first blast of a yuuki staff subsided, the burns hurt pretty bad but he had what he hoped would be useful soon enough and Mr. Silver's corpse was safe away from this, there might be something in the less pleasant places to search for.

The first of the two mages collapsed with bullets in his back, hitting the floor hard as the second raised a shield to block the last few shots, Ghaz's favourite hollowpoints spreading like a few flowers in midair before hitting the floor.

From here there came a bit of a complication, Gault tossing his flaming coat off his shoulders, clearing the distance and pulling his freshly cleaned shotgun from its place at his belt and pointing it at the back of the head of the second battlemage, the second battlemage turning and training his staff out the now gaping hole in the wall to draw a target on Mouse in the street, seeing fit to drop his shield that protected him from the reloading Ghaz just as the landlord popped out from behind the bar like a whack-a-mole reappearing behind Ghaz's cover to point an almost comically huge rifle at the Ghob.

The situation had rapidly become a standoff. Had there been such a thing as a mexican it would possibly have counted as a mexican standoff, but definitions for fictional gunfighting situations were for another time.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Would somebody tell me what the hell is going on here?"

Jade froze in mid-reload as the scene unfolded before her. Against all expectations the thing wasn't attacking. She found herself wondering if she'd taken the right course of action in the basement.

'Ehh... screw 'em. they were invading.' She mentally shrugged and jogged towards the shack as she finished reloading; suddenly feeling dangerously curious.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"It's a golem!" Jamie replied, grinning at the figure before her, dancing around to continue blocking the blue figure. "They're living stone. Kinda. Sorta. I think they're alive. And I think they're kind of stone." She shrugged. "Something like that." She grinned. "And this one's mine! Find your own golem!"

Jasmine glanced over at Maya with a smile. "Tea sounds like a marvelous idea!" She rose and looked around. "Um... Do you know where it might be?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

As the weird "dance" continued, Ace noticed something that Jamie apparently didn't.

Every time the blue golem jinked one way or the other, and Jamie moved to stop it (him), the two moved a couple of feet closer to the shack. It wasn't dramatic movement, but if it continued, they'd both be there soon enough ... and the protective field was still up. The golem might be able to go through it unscathed. Jamie -- probably not.

Ace noticed Jade arriving at a run, and a look passed between them.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I'm just going off Jaime's personality for the dialogue here, let me know if you want it changed Sareth. Hope your girl doesn't mind being manhandled for comedic purposes./OOC

Jade met Ace's eyes; there was no need for verbal communication. The magic field spelled serious potential danger and one of their group was moving ever closer to it in the strangest waltz Jade had ever seen. The pair looped around the oversized blue figure, crossed over to Jaime and seized her by the arms on either side.

"Hey! What's-"

She didn't get a chance to finish the sentence. With a grunt Jade and Ace lifted the girl off her feet by her elbows and started running back to the safehouse.

"Noooo! That was mine!"

Despite everything, Jade found herself trying not to laugh at the situation.
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

Maya put a finger to the side of her temple thinking "Hmmmm ah!" she said lighty hitting her fist to her palm "maybe the pantry i found it earlier but.... uhhh can't relaly read labels." she laughed it off "it's down this way." Maya pointed as she walked.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Nope! I find that most funny! I'm just wondering if our new player is going to speak up.[/OOC]

Jasmine smiled. "After you, dear." She nodded to Maya. "So, tell me a little about yourself, dear?"