Gervasiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Re: Gervasiel

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah's dark eyes opened widely with surprise at the embrace. This was something she was COMPLETELY unfamiliar with. She wasn't sure what to do, so she tentatively returned the embrace. "I suppose you'd know, but I don't exactly have another basis for comparison. This is all I've ever known, and Gervasiel is pretty seclusive."

The longer she spoke with someone who didn't treat her like an unintelligent idiot, the more clear her speech became and they flowed much more smoothly with her thoughts.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"How to do fact finding at Kurou's inn?" Sister Rose echoed. "Good question, but I just had an idea. Argus, let's you and me go over there and just ask the innkeeper about him -- you do the questioning and I'll have my Empathy capability up. If he's been in town for a while, the innkeeper should have interacted with him enough to have a reaction that might help us."

[OOC: I'm still going to be quite intermittent for another week or so. D, you've been developing Kurou's behavior; how about Argus and Rose go over there, and you simply write what the innkeeper would be feeling that Rose would detect? I place her reactions in your capable hands...]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus nodded. "Very well, let's investigate. Maduin, if you have any ideas, let us know, will you?" With a nod to his countryman, Argus led Rose out the door and down the road to the Road Warrior.

"Try to discretely ask after a Mr. Kurou," Rose advised, "I'll pay attention to the innkeeper's reactions."

Argus nodded. At the very least, this would give them insight as to how Kurou was regarded by the townsfolk.

(OOC: Got it, GB. Just going to think over what the innkeeper would be feeling, then I'll post.)
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"It's not really seclusive enough, though." Lillith sighed. "Suriah, how much do you know about elves?"
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

"How much do I know, or how much have I been told? Because the stories for the latter vary, and based on what I know of you and Drusia, my knowledge of the former is lacking rather strongly. All I do know is that it is not safe for me or the people around me if one, hunting Errants, happens to show up and decide I'm dangerous." She watched Lillith's face, trying to discern exactly what was going on in her mind.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"One suggestion I might make would be disguises, magical or otherwise." Maduin glanced down at himself and the now finely-accoutered Argus, still dressed in his new (and much more dapper) clothing. "The innkeeper might mention to Kurou that a group of individuals were inquiring for him. It could only benefit us if he were not able to match descriptions of those individuals to us, and it'd be even better if we had a convincing story to explain our interest."

Maduin paused, and the grin that spread across his face had a hint of devilishness to it. "Dr. Cleiviein, how would you like to be one of a coterie of giggling maidens of negotiable virtue out for an . . . adventure?"
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus froze in mid-stride, and robotically turned to stare at Maduin, oblivious to Rose's sudden efforts to hold in her laughter.

"What."
Last edited by Drannin on June 24th, 2010, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Caoimhe Faelan wrote:"How much do I know, or how much have I been told? Because the stories for the latter vary, and based on what I know of you and Drusia, my knowledge of the former is lacking rather strongly. All I do know is that it is not safe for me or the people around me if one, hunting Errants, happens to show up and decide I'm dangerous." She watched Lillith's face, trying to discern exactly what was going on in her mind.
"For many, just your existing makes you dangerous enough." Lillith sighed. "Drusia is... different. But there are a lot of elves out there who would kill you and laugh doing it. Just because you were born." Lillith sat on the bed, her hands folded in her lap. "You're not safe here. Not one bit."

Lillith turned to look at Suriah. "You should come with us. There are a couple of hidden villages where you would be safe."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose couldn't hold the giggle any longer. "Give me just a minute," she said when it passed. Her green eyes flashed ...

... And the tall, willowy Veracian nun was replaced by a short, er, "compact" redhead (the better to match the inescapable color of her eyes) with certain very prominent assets, assets that were made the more conspicuous by a bodice designed to provide more, well, support than concealment. Concealment wasn't one of the great virtues of her flouncy skirt, either. In fact, there weren't many "virtues" about her at all.

"Let's go CRUISIN'!" this remarkable apparition proclaimed, in a voice reminiscent of the stable where she'd been standing a few minutes before.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus gagged at the sight of Rose's new form, suddenly not sure where to put his eyes but still unable to look away. Ye Gods...

"What."

Argus tried to put together Maduin's suggestion with Rose's new shape.

"Wait what."