Gervasiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Re: Gervasiel

Post by Drannin »

Argus stretched a little bit, still affected by his conversation with Fayna. "I think things went well," he murmured to Maduin. "Now, what do you think about this situation with Kurou?"
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah nodded at Sister Rose, then turned back to Lillith. "To be truthful, I've never had the chance to speak to another half elf."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Lillith forced a smile onto her face and held the door open wider. "Would you like to come in?"
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"Now, what do you think about this situation with Kurou?"

Maduin looked thoughtful. "I think it's remarkably interesting that even your daughter is wary of him. Today was the first time I'd ever actually met the man. He's startlingly unprepossessing, which makes him dangerous, and he's also very subtle." His lips quirked. "He also has a certain . . . poetic sense. That enspelled fly is a good example. There was no one else in the stable at the time except for us and him. I would say he's also either extremely inquisitive, or paranoid. Likely both for a man who holds his position in Tsuiraku. One really must be after all."

"If we can't befriend him, avoid him, and if we can't avoid him, neutralize him." Maduin shrugged. "Personally, Dr. Cleiviein, I'm inclined to follow Fayna's instructions. I've been cut off from my own contacts for some time now, and you're well aware of how quickly circumstances can change back home. Not to mention that Kurou was obviously here before us, which means he has the proverbial lay of the land, he likely has local contacts, and he therefore holds a substantial, possibly decisive tactical advantage." He pursed his lips, thoughts flitting down paths of probabilities. "Not to disparage your own abilities as a battlemage and archmagus if it did come to a confrontation, but at the moment I'd say Drusia is really our best bet if we are forced to contend with him. Those advantages he holds won't matter if she's in close enough."
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah knew a fake smile when she saw one. "You don't have to smile, Lillith. If you're unhappy, don't fake it." She stepped inside past the other half elf, sort of examining her features compared to her own in a quick glance.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Sorry. It's just..." Lillith sighed. "Well, imagine if suddenly you discovered your family after all these years, and they'd been together and happy while you were... here." Lillith sighed again. "It's not fair of me to feel this way. They didn't know. I..." She shook herself. "But what about you? Tell me more about yourself?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Quick in, quick out, won't be back often until next week...]

"Argus, let me put it directly: is he dangerous? Or more accurately, would he be if we went and checked out this place where he's staying while he's off, uh, interacting with Drusia?" Sister Rose asked. She wanted more information ... but she also remembered about fools rushing in.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah blinked. "It's completely fair for you to feel like this. You can't help that you didn't have it and you certainly can't help wishing you had, now that you know it was out there." Her voice was soft, a low soothing sound in gentle alto. "I would feel the same way."

In response to the question, "I've always lived here. I don't know who my father is, I highly doubt he cares if I exist, and my mother didn't want me. I got passed around." She shrugged. "It's rather normal for me."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Lillith shook herself. Her little pettiness remained firmly in place, but was pushed aside for more immediate concerns. "Oh, you poor thing!" She swept over and pulled Suriah into an embrace. "That's no way to treat anyone. At least I was able to live in a community that understood me and what it meant to be half-elven." She sat thinking a moment. "This is no place for you. It's not safe. And it's not healthy."
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus nodded at Maduin's assessment. "I agree. Kurou is very formidable. A direct confrontation is not advisable. I just hope Drusia can handle him." If she stayed in close, the advantage would be hers...

Whoa. That tripped off a line of thought that Argus did NOT want to pursue.

"Regardless. How do we go about investigating him further? Look through his room at the inn for clues?" He wondered if Arsoro Kurou would simply leave things lying around like that.