Gervasiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Gervasiel

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Sounds good, PF; I was hoping someone would pick up on that dynamic. As soon as we transact certain business at the Stone Man Inn, we can probably head off to the ruins and open a new thread. /OOC:]

The playful part of Sister Rose's personality, never dominant but also never far from the surface, gave serious consideration to sending Argus a come-hither look and producing a throaty giggle. The more -- spiritual part of her personality quickly subdued it. "No, no, that wasn't what it looked like," she told the assembled group, trying to get her blushing under control. "We were getting some preparations made for our trip out to the ruins." Mainly. "As soon as Professor Indianel and his, ah, research assistant are ready, we can go."

She paused for a look at Drusia, and didn't like what she saw. The elf was still pale from loss of blood, and still looked rather the worse for wear. All business again, Rose asked, "Are you sure you're up for that journey, Drusia? Indianel says there'll be some hiking at the end of it. If you're still subpar after that fight -- I can't imagine how you wouldn't be -- maybe you could stay here until we get back with the -- thing we're going for. Up to you."

Drusia hadn't answered yet when a clatter of hooves announced the arrival of the carriage bearing Kim, Maduin and the researchers.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"No, no, that wasn't what it looked like," she told the assembled group, trying to get her blushing under control. "We were getting some preparations made for our trip out to the ruins." Mainly. "As soon as Professor Indianel and his, ah, research assistant are ready, we can go."

She paused for a look at Drusia, and didn't like what she saw. "Are you sure you're up for that journey, Drusia? Indianel says there'll be some hiking at the end of it. If you're still subpar after that fight -- I can't imagine how you wouldn't be -- maybe you could stay here until we get back with the -- thing we're going for. Up to you."

I watch events unfold with amusement. Too bad - I imagine Rose could use an assignation with Argus. Originally, I was rather miffed when both of them rejected me, but looking at it now, I think there was already something between them then. Not that they've acted on it yet. More's the pity.

I shake my head, standing. "No, I should be all right. Well, so long as you don't expect any combat. Or heavy lifting. I think a walk would do me good." Besides, knowing our luck, something unfortunate might happen while they're out. I wouldn't want to be separated from the group, not after everything that's happened the past few days. After all, if Kurou does come looking for payback, I want to make sure I have an Argus to hide behind. Having Rose and Maudin to distract him while I slip in for the kill would help too.

"Once I'm properly dressed, Suriah and I will meet you outside," I add, by way of hinting that everyone might want to leave if they don't want to see me naked again.

-- Drusia
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"We're ready," Maduin said brightly as he topped the stairs and entered the hallway where the other members of the group were assembled. "Professor Avner Indianel, and Miss Rebekah Codoin." He gestured to his companions. "Professor, Rebekah, I don't believe you've yet had the pleasure of meeting Bradford Nuria or Lady Lillith, and I'm sure Suriah and Druisa are around here somewhere." He smiled warmly at the assemblage and his eyes went to Rose. "Will the two of them be joining us?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Just as soon as they finish finding one another's clothes," Lillith replied with a happy smile. The girl looked so innocent delivering the line it left one wondering if she'd even realized what she'd said. She turned to the two whom she had just been introduced to. "It's good to meet you." She brushed the hair back from her eyes, tucking them behind her ears.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

If Avner Indianel was surprised either by the implied activities in Drusia's room or by Lillith's ears, he didn't show it. "Nice to meet you," he smiled, then turned to his "research assistant." "Becky, have you ever met a half elf before?"

The girl's eyes widened and a smile flashed across her features. "Oh, yes!" she said. "There was a half elf in my religious-science class last year. She was very nice, but --" Her features darkened, leaving Sister Rose with the impression that this was someone who wore her emotions on her sleeve. "We heard that she died during spring break back home. It was some kind of freak accident, they say, something blew up in her village. It must have been some kind of a gas leak or something like that."

Like hell it was, Rose thought, hoping that the sour feeling that had just developed in her stomach wasn't reflected on her face. Half elf killed in a mysterious explosion. That sounds exactly like the modus operandi of that nasty elf we ran into in Lorenzel. And speaking of half elves killed in explosions ...

"Argus, let's go get the wagon and bring it around for everybody," she said quietly. "Drusia and Suriah should be ready to go by the time we get back with it." And it just dawned on me that there's a question I want to ask Drusia when there's a chance ... a question that I've been wondering about for five long, painful years.

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus nodded. "Lead the way."

A they walked out towards the wagon, Argus was silent, even as he wanted to mention the 'mysterious explosion' to Rose. She must have figured the same thing as him, hadn't she? But his mind was on something else.

That kiss.

It was just a harmless peck on the cheek, after all. Nothing to get worked up about. So why did his cheek still tingle? After all, it's not like he saw Rose in that light; certainly, she was an attractive woman, with amazing eyes, and yes, he felt that she was someone that he could rely on and trust, but he had never thought that way about her...

Argus realized that he was being conspicuously quiet, and decided to break the silence with conversation, in good part to silence his ruminations. "A gas-leak? Seems unlikely," he muttered to Rose.

Neither noticed Harker's small form peering after them, a thoughtful expression on the familiar's face...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"A gas-leak? Seems unlikely," he muttered to Rose.

So he noticed it too, Sister Rose thought. "It does," she said. "I'm pretty sure you're thinking the same thing I am, aren't you?" ... and she didn't need his quiet nod for an answer, nor for guidance on what to do next.

They'd passed the Millenarian-looking priest/cop at the edge of the garden, resolutely staring at his feet as though he'd never seen a shoe before. He was out of earshot now, and they weren't at the stables yet. Good. She stopped abruptly, startling Argus, took a deep breath, let it out, took another one ...

"Argus," she said, "I'm sorry for what I did back in my room when we were working on that decoy." Another deep breath. "Well, no. 'Sorry' doesn't exactly describe it. I'm not sorry, not at all. I liked it! But I do feel embarrassed, and I feel as if I need to apologize for doing something that might interfere with our working relationship. So I want to apologize to you. And there's one other thing."

Pain flickered across Rose's face and hadn't totally left it by the time she started again. "After some of what Drusia said, and after all the -- things that have happened, I think I'm getting to where I need some closure on some things. I've been without Kenny for so long ..." Yet another deep breath. "After we go back north and drop off our little parcel at Lorenzel, and after we drop Lillith and Brad and Suriah off at Snamish --" she smiled weakly at that -- "I think I'd like to go back to the place on the west coast of the country where Kenny died and --" tears were starting to form in her eyes, but she blinked them back -- "check on something. It's the least I can do for him if I'm ever going to -- say goodbye." The tears were getting more obvious now...

"So would you be willing to go there with me?"

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Oh, Rose...

Argus looked at her with sympathy, his heart stirring slightly. This was so obviously hard for her... With everything going on, old wounds must have been torn open... I was a fool for not noticing. And while I've regained my daughter, how can Rose ever regain what she has lost? Argus understood only too well. And it was quite clear that these emotions had been stirring around inside of Rose for a long time now. It must have been hard for her. Maybe even confusing...

Which might explain what that kiss was about. Huh.

Argus felt a distant (was it?) flicker of disappointment at that, but brushed it away. There were more important things right now.

Gently, Argus reached out and took Rose's hand in his own. "It would be my honor," He said quietly. "If there's anything at all I can do to help, just let me know." Argus squeezed her hand oh so gently for a moment before releasing it, eyes showing genuine compassion.

Unseen by anyone, Harker gazed at the the two of them silently.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Thank you," Sister Rose said simply, and she returned the hand squeeze. Really, there wasn't much more to say and do than that, at least for now.

They walked toward the stable.

[OOC: We're at our usual maximum 25 pages of thread, so it's probably about time for a new one, but it certainly isn't urgent. Anybody want to do anything more back at the inn before we head off into the boonies?]

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]I'm good to go.[/OOC]