Gervasiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Caoimhe Faelan » June 9th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Suriah, once more, did not blink. She shook her head. "No, sir. I just work in the stables." Although I bet I could figure it out.
User avatar
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 63
Joined: May 16th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Graybeard » June 9th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Sister Rose thought for a moment. "Well, let's see if we can work this out. Lillith says he's going away overnight, but coming back tomorrow. Has his horse been stabled here for a while?" A nod from Suriah confirmed that it had [OOC: hope you don't mind me putting that "word" in her mouth, CF ... /OOC], so she continued, "That means that his base of operations is around here, or it wouldn't make sense to stable the horse where it was. He's not staying at the same place as we are, and there are only about three other inns nearby. We can probably figure out which one it is by simply checking them out."

She paused for a moment to drip more water on the magazine, which was still smoldering. (Might there be some magical way to learn what they wanted to know from what was left of the magic-charged fly? She couldn't think of one.) "The thing is, though, wherever he's staying, he's going to be somewhere else tonight anyway. Presumably he's going east; that would explain why he's staying on this side of town, and there's really only one way out in that direction. And there aren't that many things in that direction to attract an archaeologist's attention, at least that we know of." She turned to Drusia, an odd smile on her face. "Maybe you'll get to explore the possibility of turning that old castle into a dance hall after all..."
----
Image
Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
User avatar
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin
 
Posts: 6876
Joined: August 20th, 2007, 8:26 am
Location: Nuevo Mexico y Colorado, Estados Unidos

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Drannin » June 10th, 2010, 1:50 pm

Argus frowned. "Going to, shall we say, keep close tabs on Kurou? I trust you to handle yourself, Drusia, but please be careful. Remember what I said about the man. 'Dangerous' is understating the the case immensely."

Harker pondered for a long moment, then looked at Drusia speculatively. "Can I come and watch?"

"Harker..." Argus groaned.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, Arsoro Kurou reined in his horse as he rode up to the castle that he had come to regard as his headquarters.

It was time to get started.


(OOC: Okay, now taking control of Kurou)
User avatar
Drannin
Prince of Space
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: August 15th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Drusia » June 10th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Argus frowned. "Going to, shall we say, keep close tabs on Kurou? I trust you to handle yourself, Drusia, but please be careful. Remember what I said about the man. 'Dangerous' is understating the the case immensely."

Harker pondered for a long moment, then looked at Drusia speculatively. "Can I come and watch?"

"Harker..." Argus groaned.


I frown. That's... huh.

"Harker," I ask, "Do you have any means to avoid magical detection? I'm not sure what Kurou's capabilities are, but it wouldn't be bad to have someone who could send back intel along." Not to mention someone who could raise the alarm if things go wrong. This trip, more and more, reminds me of the old days - I really wish I had Luna backing me up.

I smile. "But, assuming you can get in and out undetected, I'd be honored to have you sketch me while I work."

-- Drusia
User avatar
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: September 7th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Graybeard » June 11th, 2010, 8:57 am

Sister Rose bid Drusia "Farewell and good hunting" as she set off in pursuit of Arsoro Kurou. It had been left up in the air how the elf was going to catch up to a man on horseback, but there were possibilities. For one thing, there was one horse in the stable now that very definitely didn't have a rider, or an owner, any more ... [OOC: I believe the "interaction" between Drusia and Kurou is going to play out in "Background Noise," right? /OOC:]

Speaking of which, it was long past time to give the party's own two horses some maintenance. There appeared to be room in the stable where Suriah worked for horses and wagon alike. Taking them there would also provide an excuse for something that needed to be done. She asked Suriah to come along as she secured the horses. "Suriah, there are some things about Drusia that you need to know..."
----
Image
Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
User avatar
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin
 
Posts: 6876
Joined: August 20th, 2007, 8:26 am
Location: Nuevo Mexico y Colorado, Estados Unidos

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Drusia » June 11th, 2010, 11:16 am

Graybeard wrote:[OOC: I believe the "interaction" between Drusia and Kurou is going to play out in "Background Noise," right? /OOC:]


OOC: Yeah, but Drusia isn't quite ready to go yet. She needs some info from Argus (and to find out about getting support from Harker) before she heads out.
User avatar
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: September 7th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Drannin » June 11th, 2010, 1:26 pm

Harker thought for a moment, then looked up at Argus, "Boss, I know the tracings for a couple of your stealth runes. If you can enchant 'em, I can carve 'em."

Argus looked down at Harker skeptically. It was true that with his small stature and surprising agility, the beaver-familiar could be surprisingly stealthy. BAcked up with some magic-dampening, even more so. Still...

"I can so that," he said slowly, "And I suppose that Drusia could use the backup... If she really wants you trailing her, then very well, I'll cooperate." He turned to Drusia. "Anything else I can help with?"
Last edited by Drannin on June 11th, 2010, 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Drannin
Prince of Space
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: August 15th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Caoimhe Faelan » June 11th, 2010, 6:55 pm

Suriah felt much more at ease out from under Maduin's charming smile; doubly so when back to the horses. She look at Rose. "Uh... why?" Why would she need to know anything? She just worked at the stables, and from the looks of things, they'd be gone soon.
User avatar
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 63
Joined: May 16th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Drusia » June 12th, 2010, 12:46 am

"And I suppose that Drusia could use the backup... If she really wants you trailing her, then very well, I'll cooperate." He turned to Drusia. "Anything else I can help with?"

"Great," I say, nodding. Harker might not be my idea backup, but he's better than nothing. Now, to formulate my catch-up plan.

"Tell me a little more about Kurou," I say to Argus. "Or, well, tell me one thing specifically - is he chivalrous?" Because, if so, I believe I know how to make first contact.

-- Drusia
User avatar
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: September 7th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Re: Gervasiel

Postby Drannin » June 12th, 2010, 6:52 am

Argus blinked, taken aback. "Chivalrous?" He thought for a moment. "Well, to a degree. I don't know if he actually cares about being chivalrous, but Kurou does tend to act that way. Mainly, I think, because he thinks someone in his position is supposed to, than any real interest in the matter." Argus paused. "It goes right out the window when he suddenly finds it inconvenient, mind you, so I'd use caution. As with all things regarding Kurou."
User avatar
Drannin
Prince of Space
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: August 15th, 2008, 2:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Rear View Mirror

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron