Gervasiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Gervasiel

Post by Sareth »

Lillith gave Argus a piercing look. "You're in quite the mood..."
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus rubbed his head in embarrassment. "I suppose I am." He hesitated. "I spoke with my daughter, Fayna. It went well."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Blushing?" Sister Rose echoed, quite unwilling to admit it. "No, no, I'm just a little fatigued from the walk back from the temple. I must be still a bit sub-par from the accident with the cab. A good night's sleep should take care of it." She didn't wait for Brad to dissent, of course, but headed directly for the common room, thinking up a storm. So now we know which inn Kurou is staying at. If Drusia and Harker can keep him busy up at the castle, maybe the rest of us can do some reconnaissance there. Argus can probably using some of his inorganic-manipulation magic to get us in or close, and I think I can find a few useful forensic and tracking spells, although Miguel was better at all that. Maduin seems to have a spell or gadget for every occasion, so he can probably --

"I spoke with my daughter, Fayna. It went well."

Rose stopped as though poleaxed. She certainly hadn't been intending to eavesdrop on the conversation that Argus and Lillith were having as she came into the room, but there was something about him now, something that hadn't been there until recently, that put a little extra command in his voice, and it filled the room well enough that she couldn't help but overhear ...

"Argus! That's wonderful news!" she said softly ... and there were tears in her own eyes.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Yes! That's... that's wonderful. I'm... glad for you." Lillith sounded hesitant and uncertain. "I'm tired. I need to go lay down." The girl ran out of the room.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose quickly dried her tears -- this is no time to feel sorry for myself -- as she went in search of Lillith. "What's wrong?" she asked, as gently as she could manage.

Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah felt at a loss. Her eyes had to gone straight to unblinking at the sight of Drusia. She was gorgeous, no doubt, and it left stirrings in her unfamiliar. The flirting left her at a loss for words and didn't even manage a good bye before the woman left. Uhh...

Looking about, she realized that Lillith and Sister Rose had disappeared, and followed her hearing to find them.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"It's... nothing," Lillith replied, standing in the doorway to her room. Her voice spoke differently than her words, however. It was clear the girl was troubled. "I'm just tired is all. It's... nothing." She stepped into her room, but then paused, looking at the floor, the door still held open in her hand as Suriah came up behind Sister Rose.
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah could read pain all across Lillith's face. She's not okay. Her mind simply stated the observation. Quietly, "Umm... do you need me to go? I don't want to intrude."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"No, it's alright." Lillith made herself smile. "Please, come in. I haven't had a chance to spend time with another half elf since..." Since the town where things went so badly for me, and I found out I had a father... Lillith frowned again.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose stepped silently out of the way. Whatever was on Lillith's mind (and she had a pretty good guess), it might be best now if it was discussed half-elf to half-elf. Suriah would understand the issues in ways that Rose could not.

Maybe. How would I feel if I'd just suddenly learned that I had a half-sister I'd never known about? It seemed an interesting question. Rose had grown up in a close, loving family, although things didn't necessarily stay that way. Her brother Aron was still living within a mile of where he'd grown up, teaching school (under the watchful eye, to be sure, of Orthodox priests who made sure that his own Reformed views weren't too ... obvious) and raising his own family. Margot ... well, she was there too. Margot had turned her back on the Church at a young age, mainly a matter of teenage rebellion, but still enough to cause some minor strains in the Nuria family. She'd gone off to see the world and discovered that the world wasn't quite as exciting, and certainly not as accommodating, as she'd expected. She'd come back home with her tail between her legs, a considerably less adventurous young woman than when she'd gone out. I should try to see her when I get back to Saus; it's been a long time. And then ... there were the in-laws whom she wanted so desperately to see again; their family dynamic was ... different.

Rose made a physical effort to put that thought out of her head as she went back to where Argus and Maduin waited, hoping to come up with a scheme for gathering more information from the sinister Arsoro Kurou's lodging.

[OOC: And on that note, I'm going to be sketchy for the next two weeks. Go ahead and connive without me. ;) ]