Farrel: Ladies' Day Out

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Farrel: Ladies' Day Out

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Just for you Sareth, the rough translation is: I took a journey acoss the sand/ I lost the home and sisterhood/ My tired feet will find my path/ Travelling onwards, praying for a safe return./OOC

Tamina nodded eagerly at the mention of breakfast and even more vigorously at the prospect of getting back home.

"Want some beer-can... umm... bee-con..."

Talking was so much easier in the other language.

OOC I'm definately getting the feeling we're back down to three players in this thread. Might expand later unless Grey wants to weigh in with Elke or you've got something you'd like to do. All the bad guys in this are npc's and can be used by anyone btw./OOC

EDIT- because prospect has an 's' in it.
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on November 14th, 2010, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC I'm definately getting the feeling we're back down to three players in this thread. Might expand later unless Grey wants to weigh in with Elke or you've got something you'd like to do. All the bad guys in this are npc's and can be used by anyone btw./OOC
I'm still here, but am ridiculously busy with some musical gigs this weekend, as well as dealing with some other nasty issues. Plus, there's so much going on in the Snamish thread that that's where I've been spending most of my Errant Road time for the last few days. Don't worry, Elke will be heard from as soon as I get out from under the pile.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

[OOC: Jonah fell into a plot hole when you did the time skip to evening with no warning, it shouldn't have taken him untill late at night when people were asleep to guide someone to the Eisenfaust headquarters and I couldn't be assed to work out how to justify it.]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC TBH by then it looked like you'd both gone inactive, we skipped ahead 10 days after either of you had posted. If you like, we can put this on hold so you can post something up retrospectively to explain who, where and why without it being an issue. We needed to speed up so Jasmine can arrive without it tearing a hole in the fabric of the space-time continuum./OOC
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

[OOC: Others being inactive is probably the best indicator as to when it's best to ask someone if they're still interested, and as I've said before I have a life outside the internet. I have little to no idea what Jonah would have done, it's more up to greybeard what happened since he was helping a tsuirakuan girl he met in a bar find a contact who was actually dead, beyond that he can just go on with his day to day life and you can get on with whatever's happening. Doesn't bother me either way.]
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jack Rothwell wrote:
Tamina nodded eagerly at the mention of breakfast and even more vigorously at the prospect of getting back home.

"Want some beer-can... umm... bee-con..."

Talking was so much easier in the other language.
"Bacon," Jamie corrected. "Yeah. That sounds awesome!" She began prowling the room, looking all over. "Where's the bell chord to summon room service? No bell? Dammit..." Sighing she began throwing on some clothing. "Well, I supposed we'll just have to go find the kitchen. Hey! You don't happen to play with your food, do you?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Hey! You don't happen to play with your food, do you?"

Tamina gave Jamie a toothy grin while she struggled back into the canvas uniform. "Play catch with the birds sometimes. They don't like to get caught." A moment later the pair (and Nera) making their way through the main area of the headquarters with the kobold muttering 'bacon-bacon-bacon' under her breath.

"Did he get the message?"

"Yes, Mr fredriel. Mr Loklier assured me he'd make it his number one priority."

Alec sat slumped into a high backed chair in his office at The Red Rose. His crumpled clothing a testament to the fact that he hadn't gone home since the previous evening. It was a habit of his to spend time at his favourite business when he needed cheering up after all. He'd greeted reports of the eisenfaust's failure with a dangerous calm only seen before the worst of storms. Alec wasn't used to having things kept from him, but unlike the spoiled child his personality reflected he was a man with resources and connections to call upon to make sure he got what he wanted.

Gabriel had listened patiently to the owner's instructions and passed them along the chain of command. As far as the boss was concerned, the business relationship he shared with the eisenfaust was about one fuck-up away from being irrevocably damaged. Gabriel had already resigned himself to the fact he might have to kill someone before the day was through. Probably Robin, if he came up short.

At least his boss had thought far enough ahead to put the word out to the low-lives and the mercs for hire who made their homes in the seedier parts of town. Half the knuckleheads who worked for the overweight businessman had been up at the crack of dawn passing the word along about the two women Alec was looking for, and, more importantly, the reward for their capture. Not that Alec had shown any concern for the potential trouble that could cause to people who fit the teenager and kobold's description. 'After all' he'd said 'I can't be held responsible for the actions of drunks and freebooters who aren't in my employ, can I?'

Gabriel stood quietly and nodded along to the rest of Alec's instructions, this was going to be an interesting day.

OOC Is that chaos I can smell?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Elke woke up to her usual morning sickness, but she almost didn't notice it today, considering the churn that her stomach was in from the day before. The things I go through to keep that damn Jamie out of trouble...

Once the morning's, er, upheavals were done, she got on the ball to Annabelle; bless the young woman's heart, she'd already be at work. "Any news on the catgirl? Or Fredriel?"

-----------

At that exact moment, a ship run by a smuggling operation that was very definitely not in cahoots with the Eisenfaust was docking in a little-used quay not far from the Red Rose.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Depends on the bird," Jamie quipped, turning a corner, then cracking a grin. "Bingo!"

The room she had found her way into was bustling as a pair of staffers were busy working away at making a breakfast sufficiently large to feed several dozen people. As Jamie, Nera, and Tamina entered the two glanced over. "Oi! It's not ready... yet..." Suddenly the two glanced at one another, then began to jitter.

Jamie arched an eyebrow. "What?"

"You two ain't gonna hurt us, are you?" one asked.

"Depends," Jamie grinned. "Hey, Tam! Do you eat people?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Hey, Tam! Do you eat people?"

The kobolds face twisted up in disgust and she shook her head. "No. We don't eat yoomans." A thought crossed her mind and suddenly she was biting back a smile. "Not any more anyway. They don't taste nice... like salty pork."

The men looked at her, horror struck, before Tamina let out a merry burst of laughter. "Jus' kidding!" She skipped over to a bench with a pile of toast on a large plate, picked up a slice and sniffed it, turned back with a quizzical expression on her face.

"Got bacon? Bacon roll?"