Farrel: Ladies' Day Out

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Farrel: Ladies' Day Out

Post by Sareth »

Jamie chuckled. "Pity. I kinda like being eaten."

The man next to her turned beet red while the other looked completely confused. Jamie glanced over into a pan. "So, where's the bacon, guys? She and I need to hit the road."

"So... If we feed you... you'll go away?"

"Yup."

The two men began moving with comical haste to scoop up plates, utensils, and still slightly underdone food.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

The breakfast was a good one, and there was certainly nothing on the kobold's plate she hadn't seen before. Her kind had pretty fast metabolisms by nature and the speed she put her first meal of the day away was testament to that fact. Despite the trouble they'd ran into the previous night she was in a good mood. The prospect of getting back home was almost a tangible thing, and the elation it filled her with even overshadowed the seasick, swaying horror of riding a ship back to their destination.

Something occured to her, she spoke through a mouthful of mushroom.

"Ahh... when I go home are you coming?" Her big ears flicked relentlessly. "Homelands are pretty; peoples there too." She added, with a note of hope in her voice.

Robin Loklier had been marching around Port Lorrel restlessly since he'd left the house. He'd spent most of the morning so far trying to acquire some assistance and keep the black cloud that was hanging over his head at arm's length. After a brief stop at an Eisenfaust owned warehouse by the docks he was now accompanied by a trio of muscular, crate-lifting types who represented the section of the organisation who's speciality was hard labour and occasional gratuitous violence. They weren't far from the Eisenfaust headquarters now, once they arrived he'd pick up any intel the group had acquired, maybe grab a few extra men and then the hunt could begin in earnest.

The sooner this business was resolved, he reflected, the better.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Well," Jamie murmured over her food. "I don't know. See, the thing is, much as I enjoy pissing her off, I did tell Elke I'd help her out with something in the North. I just don't know when she'll need me. Just running off would probably get her all kinds of horked at me, which is a worthy pursuit in its own right, but..." She scraped up some gruel with a spoon and proceeded to attempt to get Nera to get more of it inside than all over everything else. "Of course, after last night she might be by any time now to ask about it..."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Robin didn't need to flash any identification at the new guard on the entrance, he was a business liason for the Eisenfaust after all. If he wasn't ping-ponging back and forth from the headquarters, picking up and carrying out his assignments, then he wasn't doing his job. He breezed thorugh the entrance, flanked by the three ape-like men who gave him the appearance of a mob boss with his bodyguards.

"Where's Elke?" He barked at an underling slinking past. "I need to speak with her."

"Of course, after last night she might be by any time now to ask about it..."

"Oh... kay." Tamina sounded a little crestfallen at the prospect of separating from the only person she'd met in the town who could qualify as a friend. She pushed the last corner of toast around on her plate, suddenly losing her appetite. A wave of homesickness rose in her gut.

"We going to the docks soon?" She suddenly felt drained, it was as if the abuse and mental torment she'd suffered over the last three weeks had suddenly stepped forward and presented her body with a bill. She tried to keep a sad note out of her voice but it crested like a wave. "Wanna go home."

OOC Might add to this later. Btw, if anyone is planning on taking a trip to the southern continent I've got an outline for a story that could take place down there. PM me if you're interested./OOC
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Moving forward. Is Elke in an office in the headquarters Grey?/OOC

As it turned out the two groups missed each other by the narrowest of margins. The last one of Robin's cronies was literally pulling a door closed at the top of a flight of stairs as the teenager and kobld walked into the main entrance hall of the Eisenfaust headquaters.

Getting to the docks, in theory, should've been a fairly straightforward operation. Of course finding The Clark was another thing, and finding the man Tamina had called Captain Rigby was another. When the young assassin had pressed, further details from the kobold had painted the picture of a short, balding man with a broad Lorrelian accent and a penchant for eye-burning spirits.

"Had a funny mark on his neck like a... hook." She'd added, and traced a shape like a question mark in the air.

As they pushed their way into the growing sunshine of another day in Port Lorrel they drew few suspicious looks. But word was quicly spreading about Alec Fredriel's bounty, [OOC Make your own jokes./OOC] and it just so happened the worst of the gossip lay in the same direction the trio were headed.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC Moving forward. Is Elke in an office in the headquarters Grey?/OOC
Elke was last seen walking toward the Eisenfaust warehouse in the shipping district, after dealing with her customary morning sickness (she's about a month pregnant). She is NOT in a good mood. Note that the warehouse isn't the "headquarters," in the sense of the administrative nerve center of the Eisenfaust; it's more of a field office that also gives them cover as a shipping outfit. That's the best place to find her.

Sorry I'm not giving this thread as much attention right now as I should. I'll have more time for it for the next week, starting tonight.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie looked about the docs. "So..." she muttered. "Any of these look familiar?" She waved a hand airily in the direction of the docks, where the masts and stacks of a large number of ships could be seen not quite bobbing on the relatively still water. "I'm not going to have to get you inside them to recognize it, am I?"

Before Tamina could respond, someone else did. "Hey!" he called. "You the one with the bounty on your head for wrecking the Rose last night?"

"What if I am?" Jamie smirked.

"I'm gonna collect it."

"You and what army?"

"This army," the large, powerful looking fellow replied, gesturing over his shoulder with a thumb. A dozen more men spread out, grinning.

"Ah, that one." Jamie grinned. "Tam... RUN!"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"What the hell do you mean, she's not in?"

"Sorry Robin, she said something about our warehouse in the shipping district. She should still be there."

The business liason shook his head irritably at his peer and cursed, things were going cockeyed already.

"Fine. I'll meet her there. Maybe she can tell me where this bloody kobold has gotten to." Robin turned to leave the small office the exchange was taking place in.

"Kobold? You mean the one that was here last night?"

He wheeled around so quickly that the scabbard of the sword he carried thwacked one of his bodyguards who'd been following too closely. Robin ignored the man's yelp of pain and strode over to the other man, his eyes blazing.

"The fucking kobold was here? The one with black and white patches of fur?"

The man he spoke to stammered his reply, nastiness from Robin was normally a rarity, especially when talking to other people in the organisation.

"Y-yes! S-she came in with another girl and a toddler."

"WHERE DID THEY GO?"

"I don't know! One of the chefs told me they just left!"

Robin yelled a stream of curses that nearly turned the air blue with its content. A moment later he was rushing out the door screaming at his men to follow.

Tamina made a mewling noise and the pair took to their heels. It was one thing to try and tear apart a couple of men with nets, her panicked mind yammered, and another to try and administer a beatdown at 6 to 1 odds.

To make things worse there were a couple of men in the group who were strong sprinters, actually managing to gain ground on Jamie and Tamina as they turned a corner and started running paralell to one of the oversized warehouses that were tightly patterened across the waterfront. The more instinctual side of the kobold's mind kept insisting that they turn around and claw their pursuers to death, the logical part on the other hand was thinking of a spell to use...

"Jay... me!" She panted. "Need to.. get rid... of... the fast men! Got a... spell... help... us run!"

The gap between the three forerunners chasing them and main group had grown to fifty yards. If they could take out the leaders, Tamina considered, she might have enough to time to make this escape a lot easier.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Well, *huff* Whatever you're gonna do *puff* do it quick! *puff* They're gaining *gasp* and I don't wanna shoot 'em in public!" Jamie skidded around a corner. "Whaddaya need? Cast on th'fly? or need 'em slowed?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Just... stay close... when I finish..."

Tamina stopped abruptly and motioned for Jamie to do the same. She fought through the urge to pant heavily, then skipped backwards and brought her foot up to meet the jaw of the first runner who rounded the corner behind them. The man turned a cartwheel and hit the ground senseless. The other two forerunners came screaming around the corner as the kobold tried to clear her mind and recall the words Leli, her tutor, had taught her.

"Kaymai... neuo... alka..."

She ducked a swing from a club which would've turned her lights out and tried to finish the incantation. Tamina's body began to take on a faint yellow nimbus of light.