Tsuiraku-town, part 3

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Hours
Unit of Time

Re: Tsuiraku-town, part 3

Post by Hours »

[OOC: In general a long debate would be better suited for another part of the forum that wasn't in a roleplay. I didn't mean story I meant thread.]

It may have come to a shock to Jade, but Gault was very far from an idiot. Out one of the windows she might have made out Meha, Gault's errand girl showing some papers to the homeland security flatfoots who thought it suspicious that a bunch of armed men were bursting into a forge. Schwarzmarine Contractors was one of many names for Gault's operations within Farrel, and no matter what it was named it was a fully licensed and bonded mercenary contractor. This was Farrel, a country with privatised civil security. As long as Gault had the right papers he was the police, and it was his day job to burst into buildings with a group of heavily armed men.

'I want a lot of things. But for now I'm offering you a deal.' Gault glanced at Jade's work, 'Either you can come with me quietly and we can talk, us two who have mutual friends, after which I can let you go about your merry way... Or I can order my men to burst in here should you resist, riddle you with holes and then turn over your corpse to the tsuirakuan homeland security in connection with the illegal magical arms trade that has resulted in petty street gangs getting ahold of military grade magical weaponry and assaulting private businesses within their jurisdiction no more than two or three hours ago, and that my confidential sources have neatly informed me that you are connected with.'

Gault didn't look at her when he gave his little speech that was around two parts bullshit to one part threat, he was busy surveying the illegal military grade magical weapon that Jade was tinkering with. The one which just so happened to be the exact same make and model, albiet in pieces, as the ones that the Oshima family was illegally selling and that the liquor store robbing hoods had used earlier.

'Take your time.' Gault smiled, 'I can understand that talking with me might be something you'd prefer death to.'

---

As Martin climbed the stairs, he would notice a certain Seishi Torou exiting one of the rooms, who upon seeing a man with a drawn pistol advancing on the room he'd been staying in raised his hand to a spellcasting position and asked the obvious question.

'Who the hell are you?'
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC There's no way in hell Jade is going to leave the forge after working so hard to acquire those weapons. She doesn't trust Gault an inch not to kill her and/or nick them and she's stubborn as hell after all. Although she will reply honestly to the man's questions (within reason of course). BTW, What do you want to do about Seishi? Leo's fleet of foot enough to break out if he gets zappy with his magic, and I think it's bad form to kill an npc (not to mention pointless considering the vineyard guys want his info) without asking so.../OOC

'I can understand that talking with me might be something you'd prefer death to.'

Jade actually bit back a smile at Bill's line which bordered on pantomime villain in it's content. She'd been threated, not to mention had the tar stomped out of her, by more intimidating individuals than the near-middle aged merc standing in front of her before. And she certainly wasn't going to let this egotistical prick call the shots, crew of cronies with him or not. She didn't trust him as far as she could throw him for one thing.

"I've got a much better idea." She said, pulling the revolver clear of leather and pointing it squarely at the leader's head. "How about you ask me whatever questions that are burning in your chest and then kindly get the fuck out of my forge. And if you get any bright ideas about bringing your boys in to shoot me up I'll make damn sure you get to hell just far enough ahead of me to hold the door."

............................................................................................................

'Who the hell are you?'

"The Marquis of Carabas." Leo replied promptly, slipping breifly back into his 'Martin' character to deliver the line. "Vacationing in Tsuiraku-town to admire the marvelous architecture and art galleries the city has to offer. I was wondering, have you been to any interesting liquor stores lately? I'm near dying of thirst." Leo was smiling, but the expression stopped well short of his eyes.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Folks, I have been asked to issue a gentle reminder about the terms of service of this game, notably point 3. Concerns have been raised -- by more than one person -- that we are approaching a condition in this thread in which this point is not being followed. I am therefore applying a 24-hour "cooling off period" during which the thread is locked, and some introspection and self-assessment can go on as to how to make sure that we are indeed complying with that part of the terms of service. I repeat: SELF assessment is the need of the moment here, not "assessing" others.

I point no fingers here, at nobody, nowhere, nohow -- yet. Let's just take a brief pause and come back playing in circumstances that won't be distressing to people.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OK, mission accomplished, so we're open again. We're all friends here ... whether the characters are or not. So:]

I must be hearing things, Joe thought. There was nobody in the back room with him, and a head poked into the hallway hadn't seen or heard anything out of the ordinary. Well, it was an old house, and old houses made noises sometimes. He returned to the conversation with Peter.

"So you learned something 'interesting' about Jamie," the capo said. "Not too surprising; I've never met her, but by all accounts, she is an 'interesting' character. Tell me more."

"Well, two things, actually," Joe said. "First, her mother, who I will say is a bit of a hellcat herself, has taken to hanging around here. Name's Jasmine Porter, and she says she used to be married to a Wraith. She --"

Peter cut him off. "That's quite enough, Joe. I can guess what the second thing is, and I will say this: both things one and two are none of your damn business. Got that? Just take care of the girl. If Jasmine helps you do that, good on her. If she hinders it, she is ... not indispensable."

There's that odd sound again, Joe thought, but he was more concerned with what he'd just heard on the crystal ball than with poltergeists that might be moving around the house.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jasmine was fit to be tied. She'd entered the next room along the hall, closing the door behind her, knowing that this room would take longer to search. There had been actual furnishings, crates, and similar. There was also, it turned out, someone in the next room over. And the walls had proven to be thin. She hadn't heard everything, but she'd heard enough.

"Not indispensable, am I?" she growled. She wheeled about and marched back to the closed door. She jerked it open, stepped into the hall, then turned on a toe to face the next door down. She smiled, adjusting her blouse and straightening her hair. She then pulled her rifle from her pack and knocked on the door with the barrel.

"Hello?" she called with false sweetness. "I'm a little lost..."
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

[OOC: I don't normally plan in advance what happens to my NPC's, however at this point it's worth mentioning that Seishi doesn't recognise Leo, he only saw him from behind and when he was covered in what happens in the streets of a horse town (namely copious amounts of horseplop), but for the moment he just knows he's a dude with a gun outside his room. My recommendation? Get clever with it.]

'Look, friend.' Seishi said, seemingly a little confused, 'There's drinks downstairs, it's an inn.'

He made a few casting motions, and in short order there was a glistening barrier of force filling the hallway, forming a solid wall between Seishi and this strange gunman.

'Go downstairs if you're thirsty. Just put away the gun or security will toss you out.'

---

The moment Jade pulled her gun she felt Gault snap out and grab the thing, Gault was fast, very very fast, although for the moment not unnaturally so, he didn't need any magic for this much at least. His hand around the barrel and when she invariably pulled the trigger on reflex to him apparently attacking (Jade is probably fast too) it made him wince as the hammer slammed on his finger instead of on the firing pin. His hand clenching around the chambers and his little finger barring the hammer, the gun still in Jade's hand.

'I find it suspicious that you and your boyfriend turn up on the same day that we have our cover blown. He somehow tracks the Sorensens down at their own safehouse, asking about the Oshima Family who were the only ones who knew they were there in the first place, and you were nosing around Faye asking a lot of questions. To me it looks a hell of a lot like you're working for someone, Oshima, Seeadler, maybe even the Eisenfaust who somehow have a play in what's going on in all this. So I ask you right now, do you have any references who can confirm that you are who you say you are?'
ComradeHavok
Free Under My Black Flag

Post by ComradeHavok »

Jade would feel some sort of hard, metallic object jab her in the small of her back. If she would take the time to look back, she would note what appeared to be a boyish looking figure jabbing a loaded rifle into her back. Mouse had taken it upon herself to get into an advantageous position while Jade was busy arguing with Gault. Still keeping her rifle levelled, she looked back at Gault with a pleading expression on her face, waiting for some kind of queue.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

[OOC Ok fine. In light of the fact that there's nothing Leo can do against a solid magical barrier of force.../OOC]

Leo sighed, put the gun away and went left without another word, heading to the room Jade had described to retrieve her tools. Bullets couldn't punch through a magical barrier as far as his understanding of magic went, but at least he'd confirmed who the guy was. He'd pass the info on when the opportunity arose, but in the meantime there was an impatient woman waiting.

...............................................................................................

'I find it suspicious that you and your boyfriend turn up on the same day that we have our cover blown. He somehow tracks the Sorensens down at their own safehouse, asking about the Oshima Family who were the only ones who knew they were there in the first place, and you were nosing around Faye asking a lot of questions. To me it looks a hell of a lot like you're working for someone, Oshima, Seeadler, maybe even the Eisenfaust who somehow have a play in what's going on in all this. So I ask you right now, do you have any references who can confirm that you are who you say you are?'

Jade gritted her teeth when the gun barrel touched her back.

"Alright. You want answers? One point at a time. Leo and I didn't turn up at the vineyard on the same day. In fact, I didn't even know he was here until a few hours ago. And I hadn't seen him for months before that. As far as him tracking down the Sorensen's goes, that's the gits speciality, he finds out things. And the main reason he was looking for the Sorensens was because he was looking for me. [OOC Jade believes that, even if it's not the only reason./OOC] I was asking about Faye because I was curious about the people I found myself working with, that's all." She gently shuffled sideways a little to alleviate the pressure on her spine. "Up until yesterday the only person I was working for was a fat bastard named Rosh at The Mead and Drum, you can ask the cyclops there to confirm that little detail. Hell, go and ask Rosh if you're so desperate to see my credentials. From what Leo's told me about Oshima the guy sounds like he's mixed up in something that could be bad for us. All. Of. Us." She emphasised. "And the peashooters we're all carrying aren't going to mean a damn thing if the shit I saw on the other side of that gate comes marching through and into Rinkaiel. So, if we're all 'shooting' for a common goal then let's bloody act like it, shall we?"

[OOC Can we call an end to this now?/OOC]
Hours
Unit of Time

Post by Hours »

Gault reached up and pushed the hammer back into position on Jade's gun from where it was pinning his finger, shaking his stinging finger and letting her have her gun back.

'Ouch. Ah.' Gault looked to his eyepatch wearing man, who simply nodded in agreement. 'If that's what you believe then that's what you believe. You clearly like to engage in pointless last stands because you chose to shove a gun in my face and pray that it'll scare me, so I guess you might think that becoming a martyr will make a difference in this scenario.'

Gault turned on his heel, waving for the others to follow.

'If those things march then the others would have the good sense to retreat to a place where they can't strike. Only a very few people can hope to take on a small army and you aren't one of them, girly. Mouse! Heel!'

---

As Leo walked off, Seishi walked back into his room, opened the window, cast his slow fall spell and made a dash out of the alleyway. Leo would be able to see him out the window.
Last edited by Hours on October 11th, 2010, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC 'Surely a conman, spy and distraction artist would be able to think of something more than just giving up the moment he can't shoot this arsonist in the face.' Wow that was just a direct dig at me wasn't it? Hours, if you're gonna act like a jackass through the medium of your character could you at least dress it up in the context of the story? I mean, seriously, it's like every post you make seems to be geared towards taking the piss or discrediting what's going on with everyone else. If you can't play nice then don't play at all.?/OOC
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on October 11th, 2010, 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.