The road to Snamish

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: The road to Snamish

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]All this talk of Harker's work, particularly in regards to the dance keeps reminding me of this rather NSFW item I discovered on DeviantArt a bit back...[/OOC]

Lillith chuckled at the reassurances. As much as she was much more open to parts of life many societies tended to hide away, Harker did tend to push it a bit much. The fact he wouldn't remain behind was a relief.

She reached out and took Brad's hand. "You've been taking all of this really well. I'm surprised. Pleased," she reassured, "but surprised. Perhaps we should talk?"
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Here's a thought. I was deeply impressed with your performance earlier. Excellent work there. Would you consider modeling a few positions for me? I rarely get a live model to work with, and I think it can help me iron out a few flaws in my technique. In exchange, I'd give you a huge price-break on the painting. How about it?"

"Oh! Yes, that would be wonderful," Desiree replied, thankful that her limited budget wouldn't be unduely strained.

"I've never been an art model before. Would my room at the temple be okay, or would you prefer the room at my mother's house?"

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"You've been taking all of this really well. I'm surprised. Pleased," she reassured, "but surprised. Perhaps we should talk?"

Remarkably enough, Brad still wasn't blushing, just smiling broadly (and, of course, rapturously). "Whatever you say, sweetheart; your wish is my command. Let's walk down to the lake."

------------

"Will you ever return here?"

Sister Rose thought about it for a minute, but there really wasn't much to think about. "If Luminosita wills it -- if I can -- then yes, of course I will. There are still people here that I love, and who love me." There was a bit of sadness in the smile that she turned on Argus, but it was a smile nonetheless. "I'm still family, as far as Beatrice and Benedict are concerned. Argus, I just can't tell you how warm and supportive they were when -- I came back the first time after --"

She was starting to tear up now, and she responded by taking both of her companion's hands into her own. "I -- need some closure. Please come with me to where Kenny died, when we're done here. Please."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"You're sulking."

"Am not."

"Wanna talk about it?"

Pico shook his head at Eli's question. The pair had reunited after the spectaculary awkward dinner and were currently planted at the edge of the main square, passing a bottle back and forth and looking a little worse for wear. Pico's source of disapointment was obvious, Eli knew the younger half-elf was enamoured with Desiree, and it stuck in his craw that he'd had to sit back and watch her graphic display with the other priest instead of getting invovled. Eli took a deep swig of the wine and passed it back to his companion.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Harker shrugged. "It's basically your dime, ma'am. Wherever you wish to model would be perfect." He glanced over at some hopeful looking faces. "However it seems I still have some business to conduct this evening."

And conduct it he did.

*************************************************************************************

Argus' hands moved on their own, and brushed the tears away from Rose's eyes without him really being aware of it. He didn't say anything; words could only screw things up at this point. Instead, he merely nodded, conveying volumes with a simple gesture.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Th-- thank you," Sister Rose murmured softly. She turned to envelop Argus in a hug ...

And suddenly, to her complete astonishment, as though they were acting of their own volition or under someone else's control, her lips found his.

------------

"It's crowded here, isn't it, sweetheart?" Brad said to Lillith as they arrived at the lake. (If he was affected by just what those crowds were doing, he didn't show it.) "Why don't we go around to the far side? It'll be quieter there."

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus' eyes bulged. This was completely unexpected. Well, maybe not completely. Just very sudden. Of course, things were getting very personal between them, but wasn't this a little quick? Of course it wasn't entirely unpleasant. it was actually kind of nice. But... but...

For a moment, Argus mind went blank and he simply accepted the kiss, responding to it as something inside of him was triggered. He even started to reach out for Rose... but held back. Cirella... six years... but... It was too sudden. He was finally getting his life back to rights, get his family back, and now...

As pleasant as it was, Argus was just too overwhelmed to respond as fully as he normally would. Of course, given the tentativeness of the gesture, that may have been a good thing.

When Rose finally broke the kiss, Argus just blinked at her, struggling for something to say, but coming up blank. "Uh..." was about all he could come up with.

Then he noticed that Brad and Lillith were staring at them.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Lillith continued to stare for several rather uncomfortable seconds. Her jaw was agape. Her eyes were wide. Her grip on Bard's hand was rather tight.

Suddenly she colored bright red, clomped her jaw shut, and gave a giggle. "Oops. Um... Sorry. We were just..." She giggled again. "We'll just be going now." She spun and began moving away into the nearby trees, dragging a staggering Brad along behind her. The two quickly disappeared into some brush.

"Um... Well..." Argus seemed uncertain what to say.

Suddenly the bush rustled and Lillith and Brad came back out, Lillith giggling again. "Sorry! Sorry... Someone's already in there..." She shrugged awkwardly. "Um..." And dragged Brad the other direction. Just before they disappeared a second time she paused and turned back towards Argus and Rose. "Woo hoo." She grinned and Brad and Lillith slipped out of sight.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: So on that rather ... upbeat note, should we fast-forward to morning (and open a new thread)? We've been holding this one open while we await the return of CF (Suriah) and PF (Maduin), but it's been quite a while since either player has been heard from. Hurry back, you two; we miss you!

Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

[OOC: I've been watching the thread - I just have nothing to add at the moment. /OOC]