To the Southern Continent

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: To the Southern Continent

Post by Sareth »

For a moment the girl was quiet. Then a devilish naughty child sort of smile crept across her face. She looked up at Tamina from eyes that were narrowed in a way rarely seen outside of meat markets and dens of ill repute.

"Well, if you're going to come along, you'll have to promise to cook and clean for me, set up my tent, bathe me, and keep me warm at night."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Meat markets? :lol: /OOC

Tamina's brow furrowed in momentary confusion and vague horror as Jamie rattled off her list of indentured servitude. Then, understanding crept across the kobold's face. She shuffled to the mercenary and leaned over her. The two were now inches apart, Tamina's grin now matching her companions.

"Dunno 'bout the first few." She said. "But I can do the last one."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie gave a strong laugh as she lay back in the bed. She reached out patting Tamina on the knee. "I was just joking about all that, you know. But yeah, you're more than welcome to come along just as soon as I get this knee working again."

The girl looked out the window and folded her arm over her forehead. "So, any idea where you'd want to go next?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Can fix the knee." Tamina said, or at least she tried to, the yawn escaping her mouth cut off the end of the sentence. Her head seemed suddenly to be twice its normal weight. She slumped gratefully on an unoccupied part of the mattress and tried to answer the other half of Jamie's talk.

"Wanna go...umm... somewhere with more yoo-mans." She murmured. "Maybe 'nother city?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Plenty of those around. We can pretty much just hop the first boat out of town and and up in one." Jamie smiled as she watched Tamina yawn a second time. "You look tired. You should get some sleep. Why don't you crawl off to your bed." A twinkle sparked in her eye. "Oh, wait. Isn't this it?"

The twinkle in the eyes faded and her smile became soft. Jamie pulled the sheets beside her down. "Seriously. Curl up under here and rest. It's been a long day and I don't *yawn* mind."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina nodded in slow motion and crawled sleepily into her bed for the first time in what felt like an age. Exhaustion rolled over her like a tide.

"K... Jay... g'ni..." If there was anything else the kobold wanted to say, it would have to wait until the morning. Tamina's eyes rolled shut and the sudden change in her breathing announced that the sandman had finally caught up to her.

OOC Righty-o, finally the end of a loooooong day. Does anyone have anything to add or should we move on to morning?/OOC
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Morning works for me.[/OOC]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Don't let Keyes interfere with progreth here. ;) On to morning it ith.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Mmmmm." The sound coming up from the bed was that of delight and pleasure. "Mmmm. Very nice." The voice was hazy and drifting, someone not attached to anything but the moment. "So... good."

Sheets moved and shifted as something wiggled beneath them. The sound of cloth sliding made a soft whisper of white noise as a small giggle came from under the sheets.

"Stop..." the voice didn't sound like it meant the word. "That tickles..."

Suddenly the bed errupted as Jamie lunged upward. The girl gasped in surprise and her hands shot down beneath the sheets.

"GOTCHA!" she called. Her hands re-emerged from under the blankets holding some sort of small fuzzy local animal. She held it in front of her and looked close.

"Listen, you. My feet are not a salt lick. Stop it."

Casually she tossed the furry thing out of the window into the early morning light beyond.

"I hate fuzzy things," she muttered. "Always messing with my sleep."

Her eyes glanced over to the other figure in the bed and she smiled. "Then again..."

The girl lay back down and snuggled in close, her hands finding convenient things to hold to ensure a quality spooning.

"Mmmmmmmmmm."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina was having a strange dream at that moment. The kobold was at a marketplace in Port Lorrel watching a pair of plague victims putting on a show; the first appeared to be juggling weasels into its mouth in a spectacular display of showmanship and animal cruelty while the other had lost interest in whatever it had been doing before and was now massaging a pair of watermelons at a fruit stand with a look of intense concentration on its beastial face. Tamina could only stare agape, wondering what sinister spell the Ralkin had concocted this time, it was...

It was the tickling sensation on the back of her neck that woke the kobold up an inch at a time, like a deep sea diver rising to the surface. Her eyes opened in the inside of her hut and she let out a silent sigh of relief; reminded once again that it was over. She was glad, glad of not being in a cage on a ship at sea, glad that the ferals were gone, glad of the pair of hands on her....

'Oh my... Good morning!'

Tamina stole a glance downward at them, suddenly remembering that she hadn't gone to bed alone the previous evening. The tickling sensation was, of course, the mercenaries breath on the back of her neck. It was pleasant, very pleasant indeed.

The kobold arched a playful eyebrow, staring at nothing. She pressed more firmly against her companion to make it clear she'd woken up. She giggled, but made no effort to move Jamie's hands away.

"You keeping your hands warm?"