Snamish

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Snamish

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Eli couldn't stop a broad grin from creeping across his face as Rose outlined her plans.

'Oh thank Luminosita... finally an excuse to get out of here!'

"Count me in." He responded, perhaps a little eagerly than he should have. "It would do the community good to get another outside perspective of the world, and it's not like I have anything vital to do around here, stimulating guard duty aside of course."
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus nodded. "I'll do whatever I can to cooperate."

Inside, he had a very sinking feeling about all of this...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose nodded. "Thank you. I've done what I had to out here. Let's go back to town and enjoy one last evening of peace and quiet before we move out in the morning." The finality of that "one last evening" declaration sounded greater than she intended it to be ... but what would be would be.

------------

"Lillith! Lillith? Where are you?" Brad was growing increasingly frantic ... and then Benedict spoke up.

"She'll be back to you," he said, placing a calming hand on Brad's shoulder. "She just may not come back to us. Snamish is not for everyone. We have had to make choices to survive, sometimes painful choices. The town up north where she grew up, the one she does not want to name, made choices too." He shuddered slightly, remembering the newcomers to Snamish who'd described Santuariel as a "hell hole." Was it really so bad? Probably not, but many of the immigrants to Snamish were obviously relieved to be shut of the place ... but not all.

"Lillith prefers their choices to ours," he went on, "and I won't call her wrong for doing it. Now go, and be supportive, and pray to your Luminosita for wisdom in making the right decisions on how to support her, but whatever you decide, do it out of love."

-------------

OOC: On that note, it would be "possible" for us to fast-forward to departure time. However, there's still an evening to be experienced, with all that entails. Besides, Drusia-the-player has indicated to me that Desiree will be joining the party, which needs to be arranged. What do you-all think? Get back together in town for the evening, swap stories and experiences, and only fast-forward when that's all played out? Or just assume that it all happened and hit the road?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

[OOC]By all means, let's play it out! I know Maduin is planning to eat Brad alive! :twisted: [/OOC]
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]MMMMMmmmmmmmm. Fava beans.[/OOC]
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"Ah, Bradwick," Maduin said brightly as he reentered the Lucas manor, smile warm. "How's that spineless solipsism treating you?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"How's that spineless solipsism treating you?"

Brad's attention, of course, was focused mainly on Lillith, but he still caught enough of what Maduin had said to be completely puzzled by it. "Huh?" he said, not at his most articulate at the moment.

-----------

"We'll want to get provisioned up," Sister Rose said as the group started back through the maze. "Some of the small towns between here and Umbertiel are ... not friendly to strangers." A thought struck her. "I almost wonder whether Drusia had something to do with that. Xenophobic neighbors might keep travelers from getting too curious about this town, too..."

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"I think xenophobia might just be something half-elves naturally bring out in people." Eli chipped in. "Provisions are a good idea though."
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

Maduin let out a small, disingenuous laugh. "Oh Bradley, you're so coy. I was referring to the fact that you don't seem to stand for anything, not even the woman you profess to feel affection toward. There are some men who'd actually defend such a woman, but you - well, you surprise me, I must admit. Rather than supporting her in any way, shape, or form, you immediately call her judgment into question in front of her antagonist." Maduin's smile became scintillatingly wide. "Tell me, is this part of your carefully thought-out plan to win her heart?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Complete puzzlement crossed Brad's face. "Sweetheart, do you know what he's talking about?"

[OOC: Things out at the farm, or on the way back, are still a good hour later than in town, so it'll be a while before Rose is heard from, unless Argus or Eli have something to say. Please, pretty please?]