Temple of the Divine Dwarf, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Temple of the Divine Dwarf, part 2

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Sorry, work, christmas and skyrim= no free time/OOC

The trip across the terminal lobby with their captive had been, fortunately, uneventful so far. Rufus, gun now out of sight, flanked the woman towards Layla and Joe while Eve trailed the pair while her head on a swivel for any potential trouble. She spared a glare for their captive, half-willing her to try something so the mercenary would have the excuse to ventilate one of the mage crowd who'd given her so much trouble lately.

The old man tipped a surreptitious hand of greeting to the Gewehr leader as they approached.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Layla cursed mentally as the kidnappers and captives approached, realizing she'd made a potentially rather significant error. Damn. I should have got into a disguise before I came in here. I don't want this girl to get a make on me. Well, maybe it wouldn't matter; the young mother looked glassy-eyed, staring blankly into space half the time, fixated on her child for the other half.

Once they were under way in the wagon (this time with Layla sitting behind her quarry), a blindfold was applied; they hadn't forgotten that little bit of opsec. And there was another ...

Layla's original intention in learning that Cloaking spell from Galina had been with her own security in mind. With everything that was about to happen, she didn't want the Tsuirakuans to be able to keep tabs on her movements, the way they were with Eve. As she thought about it, though, there was another use for the spell that would be equally important, maybe even more. She summoned energy and cast it not on herself, but on Mrs. Torou. She then moved to murmur in the young woman's ear, in Tsuirakuan.

"You will use no magic now. I have made sure that if you do, you will die, and so will your baby. Do you understand?" Of course, Layla would also die, as would the other occupants of the cab; but she was certain that the threat to the child would keep anything magical from happening here. The woman was a Tsuirakuan, for sure, and the wife of a powerful enemy ... but she was also a mother, and some instincts transcended nationality. Or at least Layla hoped they did.

She was right. "I -- I understand," their captive whimpered as the cab left the airship terminal.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Eve stared flatly at the woman in the cab with her arms crossed. She had no sympathy for her; for getting involved with someone as unscrupulous as Seishi she deserved to be in the predicament she was in.

"This had better pay off." She muttered, loud enough for the other passengers to hear. "I've had just about enough of this organisation that's been fucking with us lately." She ignored the warning look in Rufus' eyes and plughed forward. "So what's the pla now? We get her husband to come-a-calling, retrieve your mother." She pointed at Layla. "And then kill everyone involved?"

OOC Don't know what to do with the other two parts to this story at the mo, tbh/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Not to worry, the other characters can fend for themselves for a round or two yet, let's go where this takes us ... /OOC:]

Layla's eyebrows shot up in alarm for a moment at what Eve had said. What she'd just revealed could cause big, big trouble if Mrs. Torou was ever restored to her people. Too hot-headed, this one. She needs to calm down and take a professional view here. That temper could get us all in trouble. Then she backed off, remembering that their captive spoke only rudimentary Veracian and wouldn't understand anything but anger in Eve's tone of voice. (How had she functioned at the terminal? But then Layla remembered that the Tsuirakuans used "Translation effects" wherever they had to deal with what they called "the barbarians." Well, we'll show them what barbarians are capable of.) Still, she decided to have a private word with Eve when time allowed, to try to get that temper under control. If she couldn't ... well, there were other things to do about it.

"One thing at a time," she answered, keeping as neutral, professional a voice as she could. First, let's get our little house guest here secured at the ..." Oh, damn, I should have thought ahead about that part of it. "Safe house," she finished her own sentence, leaving it up in the air what she meant by that. "Then we set up defenses and wait. By the end of the day her husband will notice she's missing ... and that's when things get interesting."

One little detail remained to be worked out, however, a detail she felt embarrassed about having put off until now. She moved close enough to Rufus to be able to whisper in the man's ear. "So just where do we put her?"

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Rufus fielded Layla's question with an immediate answer.

"The Barker Lane Guild would probably be the better place for hold our 'guest'. The people who got to your mother might have tabs on your vineyard and there's less potential for witnesses for them there to worry about." No nodded, as if confirming the idea.

"Jade has left her projects there too, of course, in case of a break-in attempt. Sound good?"

"As long as i get the golem blade." Eve added.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Layla nodded. "If you're willing, it sounds good to me. Let's go."

[OOC: On that note, any objections to starting a new thread? We're at about our usual length for this one. It'll pick up right where this leaves off.]

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC "Sure thing chief." Eve responded to Greybeard's question. "And now you know I'm such a bitch I don't even respect the fourth wall!" :D /OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, new topic open and picking up more or less where this one leaves off, purely for bookkeeping purposes.