Return to Port Lorrel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Return to Port Lorrel

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Did thread died?/OOC
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Oi," Jamie barked. "Mine!" the question of which of the two she was saying it to or about was rather moot, as there was no heat to it and as she followed it up by turning to the barkeep and demanded the biggest mug of the best brew in the place.

Her order satisfied, the girl turned around, hefted a mug the size of her head and took a long pull. "Aah, that's the stuff!" setting the mug down, she turned back to the two she'd traveled with. "Now all this day needs is some serious action between the sheets and..."

The girl trailed off as a very, very large man sidled up next to her. He grinned in what was clearly meant to be a friendly way. Opening his mouth, he sucked in air, and everyone collectively cringed at the ear blasting volume he was doubtless about produce. He finished filling his prodigious sized lungs and...

Muttered so quietly towards Jamie she fou d herself leaning forward to hear. "Sorry," she said. "You said you wants to stick a what where and do which now?"

The man smiled and leaned closer, then repeated himself with a big, friendly grin.

And that's how the bar fight started.

As Jasmine and her travel companion rode up, the distinct sound of shattering crockery and smashing tables could be heard in the darkened street. Jasmine nodded to herself. "This is the place."

Her companion did not question this declaration. He simply slid off of the back of his horse, tied it to the hitch, and slipped inside.

"I'll give him five minutes before I step in and get her running again," Jasmine said with a smile.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

OOC: Then the war did soon engage, 'twas woman to woman and man to man...

Udo hadn't been around Jamie long, and had no concept of the cosmic forces that filled the space around her with the maximum density of bar fights. Yet this was not his first, and he was able to fend off the tray smash attempted by one of the wenches nearby (who would doubtless have dragged his body off for nefarious purposes of her own, and left him naked and destitute). A few places down the bar, and he sized up the situation. Tamina herself was in the midst of all this, and he belonged at her side. A knight of old would face death in a tournament to win the favor of his Lady Fair. A modern suburban Tsuirakuan, even if he wasn't a warrior, would make a little girl smile by saving a cat stuck up in a tree. He had the chance to do all this at once! The trumpets called him to glory!

(That Tamina had been in Jamie's lap sensuously stroking her cheek bothered him not at all. To a man of his background and temperament, only one word described the sight: hot!)

With his elite Heliomancer background, Udo had doubtless forgotten more about unarmed combat than most people ever learned. As proof of which, he'd forgotten so much that he was barely able to hold his own in here. Yet what he lacked in skill he made up in determination. He knew better than to draw any sharp things - this was fists and feet, not blood and guts - but when the others were using chairs and mugs, he figured his cudgel was fair play. (His military staff was behind the bar for safekeeping - this inn was strict about that sort of thing.) Taking a few licks and dishing out a few, he made it to the girls' table, prepared to defend his dream-kobold against any and all comers.

Suddenly, all eyes were drawn to the stairs from the second floor. A plump figure in billowy robes was descending the stair. Middle-aged at least and pudgy, with the face of a dyspeptic baby, with unkempt hair half red and half white. Both colors too bright to be right, so likely Tsuirakuan. His robes were multicolored and painful to the eyes - a vivid mauve on one shoulder, a red that nearly glowed on the other, some kind of green-and-puce plaid in another place - a different hue wherever you cared to look. Only you didn't. Yech! "Silence!!!" he boomed, his eyes flashing red (no, literally, they flashed. Wizard for sure). People did fall silent. Waving his hand in cadence, he spoke in strange form -

"Tranquility calms,
Ennobles, and refreshes -
So, shut up or die!"

Puzzlement and fear reigned in the room.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina, currently hanging upsidedown from a chandelier, made an appreciative 'ooh'-ing noise at the flash of the sorcerer's eyes and immediately began making inquiries.

"Like the eyes flash. Looks cool! Can you teach me?" She tried smiling as the blood continued to rush towards her head in accordance with gravity and then, realizing that she was at 180 degrees to everyone else, tried frowning instead to look friendlier.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Winslow the wizard stared at the kobold on the chandelier with a look of rage and recognition. He hadn't seen things all that clearly through those crystal balls, but some things, they stood out. His face twisted in hate, he barked at her -

"Young lady, what you're doing violates...the law of gravity! Principles of engineering! Conservation of angular momentum! Periodic, uh, pendulums don't really swing that way! Die, damn you, why won't you die?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina was actually emotionally hurt by the wizard's unprovoked rage towards her (unprovoked as far as she was aware anyway). The alcohol in her system had her emotions on a bigger hair trigger than usual. Her bottom lip quivered as the motion of the chandelier slowed to a halt.

"Die? But... just wanted to..." She took a deep breath. "Just wanted to learn... the ... shiny..." The kobold's composure dissolved and she began sobbing, the tears running up her face and forming a pool on the table she hung over.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

The sound of a hammer cocking filled the room. Jamie was glowering down the barrel of one of her pistols at the mage. She casually tossed back a shotglass of who knows what, then spoke in the silence. "You made my girlfriend cry. What's more, you broke up a perfectly good bar fight." Jamie sighed. "I have half a mind to shoot you. The other half agrees."

"That may not be necessary." The mystery figure who had been traveling with Jasmine stood in the doorway contemplating this scene as though it was as common as could be. "I was hoping to discuss a business proposal with you, and that might be difficult if you were on the lamb once more. Might there be a more peaceable solution that could resolve this?"
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Barrier!" barked Winslow. The shimmer in the air well suggested what would happen to any bullets that flew his way.

"If this 'business' is with the Order of Expendables, then I have to tell you, they've all been expended. This catgirl here..."

Kobold!!!! chorused the inn - the ones who didn't know had been taught the hard way.

"Well, whatever! She did it."

"Hey!" said Udo. "Not alone...err, but, I mean, she was unmatched in valor!"

Giving a strange look to his fellow-Tsuirakuan, Winslow continued. "Whatever! It'll take me months to train another. Also, I am drunk. Oh, weave, am I drunk. So anyway, any business, is business by the biz, is what I'm saying."
Last edited by Alberich on December 29th, 2011, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Whatever! It'll take me months to train another. Also, I am drunk. Oh, weave, am I drunk. So anyway, any business, is business by the biz, is what I'm saying."

Tamina, still upside down, sniffed and blew her nose on the shirt of a tall patron who didn't seem to notice. After a few long breaths the kobold managed to get herself back under control (such control as she had, anyway).

"Didn't understand much of that." She said. "What's biz? You from the peoples who attacked us? Just defended ourselves! Wouldn't kill them 'til they tried to kill us! Got shot in the drit*! Painful!"

*- ear
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Is there interest in getting the guy who wants Jamie to make a hit for him back in the action? If so, let me know and I'll cause the next shoe to drop. I've been staying out of this thread, since it seemed to have plenty of (ahem) color without me, but if some resuscitation of the Tsuirakuan angle is needed, it can be done.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.