Return to Port Lorrel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Return to Port Lorrel

Post by Jack Rothwell »

With much creaking and groaning and encouraging but fatalistic comments from her 'captors' Tamina managed to convert the second ladder down the opposite side of the wall to something dicey to pull a wagon over. The kobold stood up from her enterprise and yawned, beginning to sway gently on her feet.

"Life magic..." She explained. "Leli taught it to me... good for... umm... growing stuff, but not for..." She sat down. "food... magic grown fruit tastes weird." She absently pushed the man on the wall with her over on his side, yawning again as she did. "Takes a lot of effort too. Just need to... She rested her head on the prone man's rib cage. "Need to.."

Snores arose from the top of the wall as the wagon made it's way forward.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Ball's in Sareth's court here. If Jamie does indeed want to drive the wagon over these living ramps, a risky but by no means impossible endeavor, please end your next post with "OOC: Heads" or "OOC: Tails"]
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie was all smiles as she gripped the reins and urged the horses forward. The wagon rolled forward and began progressing up the modified ladderramp. The wood took the weight of the wagon and sagged ever so slightly, but held.

"Hey! Tamina! This was a great... oh, she's sleeping. Ah well. I'll put her in the wagon when we get to the top." The gunbunny turned in her seat and looked back towards Gary. "Hey! I'm doing pretty good for my first time, right?"

"First... Time?" Gary looked aghast.

"Yeah! I haven't even dumped us on our tails!"
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

It may've been her first time, but Jamie's hands were steadier on the reins than Gary's would've been. The shakes could've been the lack of his usual afternoon "stiffener" - or a natural, logical reaction to being anywhere near Jamie, after seeing her in action. Men were funny that way. They could be such animals! Specifically, sheep, field mice, and rabbits.

Udo didn't look panicked from here. He was looking off the back of the wagon, his face unreadable from Jamie's side. (Hiding his fear, or dreaming of glory?)

Whatever the reason - a natural talent of Jamie's? a well-contoured surface created by Tamina's magic? a lucky coin toss at the fifty-yard line on the Field of Fate? or maybe these horses had a better sense of self-preservation than anyone else present? - whatever the reason, Jamie actually got the wagon to the top. The two berobed bandits, Tamina's "prisoners," had gone nowhere, and had watched the wagon's progress with interest. The male, without thinking, had started stroking the kobold's silky cat fur.

When they reached the top, Jamie pulled up the horses, and it was Udo of all people who jumped over the side to fetch Tamina. He hadn't the grace of a gazelle nor the strength of an ape, but he managed still to lift her, get her over the edge, and clamber back into the wagon himself. His plan to start petting Tamina himself was foiled when she woke from her catnap mid-pat.

From her perch behind the horses, Jamie could see figures in the distance - bright-robed figures, all on foot, at least a dozen, variously armed, and coming this way down the road from town. By the time she got to the bottom, there'd be five or ten minutes to prepare before they got within shooting range. As the wagon creaked down the far side, Jamie used the time to think tactics. Or maybe she just thought "Wheee!"

[OOC: Tails never fails!]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina came around groggily to the sight of Udo with a hand hovering above her head. She sleepily reached up and slapped him a high five.

"Go team." She murmured.

OOC Just a short one. I was going to put in a post where Tamina was dreaming she was Nyan Cat but I'll save that for later./OOC
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Standing atop the wall, Jamie eyed the oncoming group. She glanced over towards the two that had started the confrontation. "So tell me. These ones just as loopy and out of touch as you two?"
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Oh, yes," said the woman. "Loopy, out of touch, totally useless in a fight. Don't worry about their numbers. They're doomed!"

The man agreed. "You could beat them with your hands tied. Why don't you try it? We wouldn't stand a chance."

The wagon made it safely down.

[OOC: Tamina as the Nyan Cat is hilarious and I love the idea.]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Nyah-nyah, nyah-nyah-nyah!" The kobold cried, sticking her tongue out at the walls which had meant to pen them in. "So we... umm... deal with the crazy peoples now? Anyone wanna tie my hands?" She looked innocently from one dirty expression to another.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

There were different kinds of "dirty" in those expressions for sure. Udo held out his hands in the hopes she'd touch them. She was just irresistable. Even the way she said "nyah nyah nyah" was kind of catchy somehow...

"Not now," he said, whether she took his hands or not. "Later, perhaps!" His mind pictured her hands tied, alone with him...so he could reach out...and...pet....and...rub her ears! A real for-real catgirl! Getting petted by him!

Okay, kobold. Hell, he'd call her a "koboldvoratrelundar," if it got him closer to his fur-lined feline fantasy. But he supposed they had to sort this fight out first.

Gary, on the way down, was explaining things to Nera, the only one who'd pay attention to him (Jamie was driving). "See, when you're a little older, you can play this game we used to called 'corrupt a wish.' One kid makes a wish. The others say how the genie would grant it so they wished they'd never made it. Then you take turns. I think my uncle met that genie. And he wished we'd get some mighty protectors for this caravan. He didn't say mighty what." Nera's response was unclear, but she didn't seem unhappy.

"Hey," said Gary, looking over at the ramp they'd just descended. "Why don't the horses and I hide, er, I mean, take protective cover under there?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Sure. That sounds like a good plan, Gary."

Jamie picked up her rifle and found a nice boulder she could get behind. She propped the rifle on it, siting down the barrel towards the approaching group and waited.

Two minutes later she started whistling.

Singing began a minute after that, and the words were the sort that would have had most people asking her to go back to whistling.

After that it was only a couple of more minutes before she was fidgeting like a four year old with too much candy.

Jamie propped herself up as high as her arms could lift her above the rock. "Hey! Assholes! Hurry up and get in range already! I'm bored!"

Up on top of the cliff Jasmine slapped her forehead.