Return to Port Lorrel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Return to Port Lorrel

Post by Sareth »

"Awwwww," Jamie responded. "But those are the best places to start fights!" The girl smiled as she said this and began cutting a course inland. Her head bobbed from left to right, casually ignoring the fact that the shirt and trousers she'd hastily tossed on the moment they hit land (literally) were too small, and thus both were pretty much clinging to her and showing off flashes of skin as she moved.

"Hey! Young ladies!" A slightly seedy looking fellow stepped out of the crowd. "Looking for a good time?"

Jamie sniffed at the guy, then shifted Nera onto her back for safety. "Not the sort you're offering."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina's eyes brightened hopefully. "Will there be cake? What about some- hurk!"

Jamie's hand found the back of the eisenfaust-liberated shirt the kobold was wearing and dragged her through the crowd.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Is that our virgin, do you think?" the first priest asked, watching the scene from a distance.

"No, that's a kobold," the other one said. "They don't count, they don't have -- urk!"

The first priest's firm hand on the collar mercifully truncated that sentence. "And how would you know?" he hissed. "Don't answer that. No, I meant the girl with her. Let's check her out."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

After a few moments, Jamie let go of Tamina and ducked into a tavern that looked sufficiently seedy. She settled at a table so that she could watch most of the room and inhaled the smell of stale beer and sweat with palpable relief. Then she turned to Tamina.

"Trust me, there wouldn't have been cake with those ones. They were just looking for cheap sex with girls who wouldn't know any better. And while ordinarily I'd have considered it, I don't think that's quite up your alley." She paused and thought a second. "Although... I've never been part of a foursome before. I saw this play about an elf once and it did give me some ideas..." The girl trailed off.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Four...some?" Tamina's brow furrowed as she rolled the unfamiliar word around in her mouth. If anything it was a welcome distraction from the surly looking surroundings she found herself in. She'd been feeling a little self-conscious over the last few minutes at the stares she was drawing. She understood why; kobolds not exactly being native to the area. One thing she found particulary arresting were the interesting colours of the drinks the patrons were consuming.

"Four....some more?" She tried, and then grinned. "Some more drink maybe?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"I like the way you think." Jamie waved at the barman and held up two fingers. He nodded and turned to get glasses. "Well, a foursome is where you have four people all going at it at once. It gets a bit complicated." Jamie noted the two men from before enter the establishment, and she scowled. " Not that I've ever had that sort of thing. That cherry remains unpopped."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The two sort-of-priests stood outside the seedy bar, trying to decide what to do next.

"The thing that bothers me," one said, "is: what if she isn't a virgin? Last time we tried that, you remember what happened, right?"

The second man shuddered. "Right. Big eruption of Mount Cromulent. Killed half the worshipers, the high priest was pissed. But how do we tell for sure?"

The first man thought about it. "Well, there's always one way. Problem is, after that, she won't be a virgin any more."

"Point," the second man said. "Let's go have a drink and think about it." The two men went inside the seedy bar, just in time to hear the tail end of a conversation ...

"That cherry remains unpopped."

Leers spread across the two men's faces that amounted to a veritable parody of evil. Worshipful evil, but evil nonetheless.

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Time from some cross-culture weirdness I think/OOC

Tamina rested her chin on an unsodden part of the table and eyed the glass in front of her with an expression like an archeologist finding an unexpected set of ruins. The drink was a pale amber colour that the kobold found quite pretty; quite perplexing given the decrepit surroundings she'd found it in.

"Swog-gles, old per-cool-li-ar." She said to herself, and dipped a finger in the mixture to taste it.

"oooOOOooh!" It was a pleasant bitterness, something Tamina could appreciate given that her people didn't have much in the way of a sweet tastebuds. She lifted the hefty glass with both hands, put it to her mouth and drained half the contents, bringing it down sharply as the alcohol took the express train to her head. She leaned forward, clapped and hand against her mouth and coughed explosively, then snapped upright and beamed at 'Jay-me'.

"S'good!" She exclaimed.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"So do you have the recruitment kit?" one priest asked the other, sotto voce: it wouldn't do to scare the recruit away, after all.

"Sure do," the other one replied, and he rummaged around in his pack, extracting:
  • Enough cash to buy the best booze the bar had to offer, which of course was not a terribly high standard;
  • A bottle of cheap hooch in case the recruitment didn't happen in the bar, or the bar's best was lousy, as seemed entirely possible;
  • A pair of nylons;
  • Enough costume jewelry to furnish the set of "An Elf Princess in Farrel";
  • A vial of chloroform, in case the recruitment proved difficult;
  • A blackjack, in case the recruitment proved really difficult.
The two men settled back to await their opportunity to proselytize.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Darned straight it is! That's beer!" Jamie grinned and drank a good pull from her own glass, then turned to feed Nera a pretzel. Nera began chewing on it quite happily. "Don't get used to this, kid," she said pleasantly. "I'm only being nice to you because I kind of owe your parents. I am so dropping you off at an orphanage."

Nera giggled at this and reached out to snag a handful of pretzels from the bowl.

Jamie turned to Tamina again. "You haven't had beer before? What about other kinds of alcohol?"