Return to Port Lorrel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Return to Port Lorrel

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Thanks for teeing that up, I'd forgotten about Nera...]

At first the two sort-of-priests were horrified when Jamie extracted Nera from her carrier. "Another good opportunity down the tubes," the one whispered dejectedly to the other. "I think we're going to have to find a sheep instead."

"Yeah," his colleague answered. "At least around here, most of the sheep are virgins. Up in the north country, you can't be so sure of that." They started getting ready to go, but then ...

"I'm only being nice to you because I kind of owe your parents. I am so dropping you off at an orphanage."

The men exchanged looks. "Baby sitter? Nanny? Something like that?" the first one whispered again.

"Sounds like it. And baby sitters are all virgins, at least when they start, ifyouknowwhatImean."

The first man snickered. "Yeah, that's what I told the wife, and I'm sticking to it." They settled back into their seats to see what else they could learn ... but this possibility was getting interesting.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Oh yeah-yeah, had al-ki-hol." Tamina replied, taking another gulp from the glass and setting it back down. "Jus' usually red... and sweet." The kobold went on describe a particulary valuable fruit on the southern continent often sought after for it's cocktail-like qualities after it was crushed and fermented, and the usual hilarity that ensued whenever one of the younger killikah decided to try it for the first time. "'n fact." She giggled. "Got the idea to be a...wiz-ahh... heel-ler when my ma got sick from drinking it." She picked up the glass and drained it dry, lapping the inside of it to reach the suds while blissfully unaware of the stares she was attracting from several nearby men.

"Jus' never really got yooman's love of drinking so much. 'though..." She added. "...that was really tasty. But what you, um, do it for?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Yeah, figured it would be good to address that sooner rather than late.[/OOC]

"Because I like it. I mean, it's beer. What's not to like?"

Jamie drank the rest of her mug, then turned towards the bartender. She waved a hand. "Hey! How about some of the good stuff?" she called.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Hey! How about some of the good stuff?"

The two men looked at each other. "That's our cue," one said. He extracted two things from the recruitment kit: a bottle of hooch, and a sedative strong enough to drop a horse in its tracks. Mixing the two together, he began to make his way toward Jamie and Nera (and Tamina).

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina saw the man with the tray approaching and made a squeeing, happy noise that was louder than strictly necessary. She was really beginning to enjoy herself; Leli's advice about trying new experiences was starting to pay off.

"I can has... umm... have a shot of that?" She asked.

OOC Edit-spelling mistake./OOC
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on July 25th, 2011, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Busting up at the lolcat speech there. It's the first time I've ever seen it done and work in context![/OOC]

Jamie grabbed the bottle and splashed some of it in Tamina's glass, and then some in her own. "Of course! This'll be fun!"

The girl shot back the glass, drinking all of it fast enough to raise questions about if she even tasted it, then splashed more of it into the now empty glass. "Good stuff!" The girl sat back, holding the glass, and grinned at Tamina.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Thanks bud. I swear down I was thinking of a way to get that in there since I created the character./OOC

Tamina sniffed at the glass as she raised it to her lips, it had a fruity smell mixed with something which cleared her sinuses wonderfully. She opened her mouth... then stopped.

'Don't forget about manners, Tammy. Humans are uppity about that sort of thing.' It was the elder's voice in her head, a memory from her earlier education about trying to understand the world, and it wouldn't do to forget those teachings now she was exploring it. She turned to the man who'd dropped off the bottle and gave him a winning, if pointy, smile.

"Fank... Thank you." She said. "What's it? Smells good." She added.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The priest continued to make his way toward Jamie and Tamina. They seemed to be enjoying the glass of hooch the real barkeep had provided. That was good; it might de-sensitize their taste buds to what was coming.

However, he didn't make it to his destination completely unscathed. A large man with an eyepatch and a parrot sitting on his shoulder intercepted him en route. "Hey, matey! Thanks for the booze!" he roared, lifting bottle and glass in a single swift motion. He filled the glass and drained it in another swift motion.

Putting bottle and glass back on the tray wasn't so swift, however. He belched impressively, then his remaining eye rolled back in his head and he pitched straight backward, landing on a table occupied by two men in an unfamiliar uniform, a rather obvious lady of the evening, and a sheep.

Oddly, nobody else seemed to notice. That included the parrot.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Aw, who cares what it is." Jamie grinned at her companion. "What matters is that it tastes good." She smiled, shifting more pretzels over for Nera to make a horrid mess with. "Bottoms up!" she called, and downed the second glass. She then pointed to Tamina's glass with a finger, a wicked grin crossing her face. "You're two down, you know."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Oh? Umm... yeah-yeah." Tamina made a sheepish face and downed the drink she'd had put in front of her. She smacked her lips thoughtfully.

"All tastes weird to me." She said musingly, then laughed. "'member last time had a funny tasting drink. In the...umm... place with the fat man. 'fore I met you. Was it? Head felt kinda funny at the time."

The kobold pondered this as she poured another shot.