The road to Getsemiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: The road to Getsemiel

Post by Graybeard »

"It is."

Sister Rose smiled softly. The poor thing. If I understand Drusia correctly, this is the first time she's been any farther from Snamish than the entrance farm. The first time is scary, or at least it can be.

Hm. That also had a ... different ... meaning, didn't it?
Her thoughts drifted to a time and place more than ten years in the past, and another scared half elf from Snamish ...

Without a word, she enveloped the young priestess in the most comforting, motherly hug she could manage -- not purely out of the altruistic desire to comfort a scared girl whom she'd come to like, but also so that Desiree couldn't see the mist forming in her own eyes.

[OOC: On that note, are we ready to fast-forward to morning, and a new thread? Or do Argus and Lillith want to practice some magic? Or more fear and loathing connected with the wee beastie out there?]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Ready here. That wee sleekit timorous beastie, if it lasted long enough, found a squirrel to molest and then vanished.]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Your apparel, my lady." Eli said, with a touch of lightness that Desiree inevitably brought out in him. He presented the clothing as though it was a ceremonial crown, on bended knee with the object at arm's length above his head.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Well, we really can't let THAT little hook remain hanging at the end of the thread, so ... Still waiting to see if Argus and Lillith come up with something too.]

"Your apparel, my lady."

Sister Rose just about jumped out of her skin as she released the hug. She hadn't heard Eli approaching at all; the half-elf soldier could move remarkably quietly. (Unless she'd just been so distracted that she hadn't noticed.) And this scene might have looked a little ... odd ...

She tried to pull what remained of her composure together. "On that cheerful note," she smiled a bit unsteadily at the pair, "I'll leave you to an early bedtime. Eli, would you be willing to stand the pre-dawn watch with me? I think it would be wise to do the watch in pairs, if there are -- unknowns out there. But Desiree, just get a good night's sleep tonight." Or whatever. She padded off to check on what Argus and Lillith were doing; the other two watches needed to be staffed, as well.

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Brother Tim felt a slight dread as Rose approached. He hadn't slept enough the night before, and his exertions of the day, physical and magical, would've assured a sweet, sound sleep.

On the other hand, he was young and fit enough to get away with pushing himself a while longer. And he feared no threat to his rearward virtue. If that monster had been heading this way, he'd have heard and smelled it by now. Besides, the strange appearing-disappearing mist gave the whole encounter a dreamlike quality, so that he just couldn't feel it was coming this way. And if it had been, there was an awful lot of magic in this campsite - if Desiree had been strong enough to stop it, surely Argus and Maduin would make short work of it. All they'd need is a yell to wake them up.

So, anyway, he thought it best to volunteer for the first shift. Then he could sleep uninterrupted the rest of the night, and catch a nap in the wagon on the way to town. If he got to pick his companion, which he doubted, he'd opt for Bryce - strong and silent, native Veracian, no sexual tensions that mattered to him. Just the right watch-mate for a weary young priest.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC So... Rose and Tim on the first watch or Eli and Rose?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC So... Rose and Tim on the first watch or Eli and Rose?/OOC
I thought it was going to be Tim and Bryce first, then Rose and Eli near dawn, with two others (Argus and Brad?) taking the middle of the night. However, Rose's suggestion was just an easy way of transitioning out of the hug that she was giving Desiree so that Eli could give her the robe. I didn't really expect anything too dramatic to break out overnight and would be more than happy to fast-forward to breakfast.

Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"Well I think a footbath for your piggly-wigglies would be just the thing to help you to sleep soundly and rise rested, Sister Rose," Maduin said brightly, a bag over one shoulder, a large basin in his hands. "And we haven't done your pedicure yet." He tossed a wink Desiree's way. "You can join us if you'd like."

[OOC:I'm okay with fast-forwarding to morning./OOC]
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: I'm good unless Sareth thinks of something)
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

It's a bit of a surprise when Rose hugs me. However, the feel of someone caring, comforting... it's all I can do to not break down in tears and cry on her shoulder.

"Your apparel, my lady."

I jump and let go of Rose. Eli is standing there with the dress I was wearing earlier. I take it back, gently, reverently. Did he go back there to get this for me? The tears I held back before run down my face as I look up from the dress at him.

"On that cheerful note," she smiled a bit unsteadily at the pair, "I'll leave you to an early bedtime. Eli, would you be willing to stand the pre-dawn watch with me? I think it would be wise to do the watch in pairs, if there are -- unknowns out there. But Desiree, just get a good night's sleep tonight."

"Yes," I reply softly. "Of course."

I put my hand on Eli's hand. "Let's go to bed," I say to him. I put a subtle emphasis on my words, in my touch - I want to take some time to show him exactly how much what he did means to me. Maybe it's silly - I don't care.

-- Desiree