Getsemiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Getsemiel

Post by Alberich »

"If we could find another one like it somewhere, somehow..."

"Which maybe Maduin's enemies back in town are the best place to look...I mean, this kind of item isn't common anywhere, is it? It seems long odds that Uncle Shemmy and his family have them, and Blaise too, without some kind of connection." Which means maybe Blaise is afraid to face Maduin directly, even with all his friends on the infernal machine.

[OOC: Tim'd go any of those places, to try to complete the mission. Since the other threads are focused on urban adventure I'd personally prefer the Southern Continent just for the variety, and if it "just happened to turn out" that Blaise was heading for the place where it all began, we could wrap the whole plot up there.]
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

OOC: Tsuiraku seems the most logical route from here. There's even convenient transportation.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

Jack Rothwell wrote:OOC The most logical choice seems to be Tsuiraku, certainly the one that makes the most sense with the Blaise situation. Of course, I wouldn't mind a trip back to the southern continent, and if the group landed anywhere near Grendell there'd be interesting scenes in the aftermath of the plague that happened there recently (shameless plug for the 'To the Southern Continent' thread in the archives)./OOC
OOC: I concur. Also, while most of the other locations would make Desiree want to jump ship and head home, the chance to actually visit Tsuiraku would easily convince Desiree to continue on with the group. She might actually start to enjoy herself in Tsuiraku - it's about the most accepting and cosmopolitan location in the setting. ^^
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, the majority seems to favor Tsuiraku as the next stop, with the Southern Continent the other option. I'll prepare some things ... but meanwhile, there are still things to do here, so let me borrow Tim for one line:]

"I mean, this kind of item isn't common anywhere, is it? It seems long odds that Uncle Shemmy and his family have them, and Blaise too, without some kind of connection."

"Huh?" Sister Rose said, rather uncharacteristically. She'd been distracted by something, she wasn't sure what. "No, I don't think it's long odds at all. We know Blaise was at the stable; that's where he got this horse." She patted the animal that had joined them. "Most likely he just left the other figurine there. One thing we know: he's been leaving lots of things in his wake, surprising things. Things, I'd say, that suggest he's pretty distracted. Something's wrong with him, we know that ..."

Suddenly she figured out why she herself wasn't focusing well. "Rose?" Tim said, seeing the look on her face.

"Something's wrong with this picture, too," she said, frowning. "I can't imagine that Maduin would be turning down a chance to see Fayna, from all that he's said about her." Her brow knitted. "I'm getting worried that something is wrong with him."

-----------

Brad, remarkably enough, was drawing a very similar conclusion, and as usual, taking it head-on.

"So, uh, did you see your friend Maduin on the way here?" he asked Fayna. "I don't think he'd miss a reunion like this for the world, unless something has happened to him."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

Fayna had never been one to hesitate when the necessary course of action became apparent. Nor was she at all reluctant to take command of a situation, since she was habitually in charge anyway. She knew Maduin, knew perfectly well that he should have been here, watching over Argus. He was eternally dependable, even if not in ways that she always expected, and had unfailing good sense despite the flighty exterior he maintained.

"It's time for us to go," she said crisply, expression utterly serene, turning back towards the airship, moving with that same easy grace. "Everyone on board." She paused, glancing at one of the two men posted at the base of the ramp, short but muscular and burly, with olive skin and dark eyes. "Sanjin, please see that a tea is brought up. I'm sure Maddy will be grateful."

Sanjin nodded, inclining his head. "Ms. Cleiviein."

"Tell me the last time you saw him, and exactly what he said," Fayna continued as she walked up the ramp. "We'll be in Getsemiel in five minutes."

One did not trifle with what belonged to Fayna Cleiviein.

Not if one wanted to live.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: PF, mind clarifying one thing? It was left uncertain just who all Fayna was "inviting" to fly back to Getsemiel. I don't think Eli and Desiree are in a position to go (or, for that matter, to have heard this summons), and Rose and Tim may not be either.

As the consensus seems to be that we should move toward the next thread being in Tsuiraku, it'll probably make sense eventually for everybody to hop a ride back there with Fayna. However, there are still things to be done here, so it's not necessary to herd everyone onto the airship immediately if it doesn't make sense. Please advise. (Clearly Argus will be on board, and I think Fayna is stuck with Lillith and Brad whether she wants them or not ...)

Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

[OOC: Sure - she wants everyone aboard. She's basically what equates to a princess in Tsuiraku, so she expects every sock, hairpin, bill, and chair to be in its place on time and in good order, which basically happens because of who she is and the underlings that quickly and efficiently attend to those matters. In this case she's expecting the group to order itself and march post-haste into the cargo bay because she has things to do and people to charm, kill, maim, intimidate, or blackmail as appropriate to the circumstances as they arise.

She'll just assume that if other members of the party are going to be accompanying them, then one of their own will see to getting them all rounded up. Lillith and Argus she would come back for personally but politely, because she's already decided they are going to Tsuiraku with her, Brad she'd send an armed (but still polite) guard for because she is going to interrogate him and determine his suitability for Lillith at her leisure, but aside from that she expects the details to be worked out on time for her to leave according to the schedule she's setting.

I'm also sending you a PM regarding the decision for our next destination. /OOC]
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus raised an eyebrow. "She learned that from me, didn't she?"

"From what I've heard? Yes, sir." Jerecht put in.

"Your time abroad has mellowed you, Boss," Harker smirked.

Argus sighed. Oh well. He cleared his throat. "May I have everyone's attention!" he called out. "We currently have an express trip back to Getsemiel, and then to wherever we like, most probably. Can I get everyone on board now?" He glanced at one of Fayna's guards. "Also, there was a dwarven modified vessel that just sped away at improbable speeds towards Tsuiraku. If at all possible, I want it's location and vector."

The guard saluted. "Right away, sir." He turned smartly and marched back onto the ship.

Argus blinked. Oh yeah. So that was what it was like to give orders. He'd forgotten.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose was embarrassed to note that she was having trouble evading the grip of the Green-Eyed Monster -- appropriately enough.

She's his daughter, not his lover, she chided herself. I can't begrudge them all this time together, even if it means that she's flying away with him for an hour or two. He'll come back, of course he will. And I'm not going to do anything to cause trouble here. I care for him too much, and ... and ... she might be my stepdaughter some day. (There, I said it.) I absolutely will not get off on the wrong foot with her.

But dammit, I do not want to lose this man.

Fayna's entourage was re-boarding the airship, and they were sweeping Lillith along. Of course, that meant that Brad would be going too, drawn to the airship (more accurately, of course, its latest passenger) like a moth to a flame. Argus ... well, he was certainly going to board the airship. And fly out of Rose's life? She didn't think so, really she didn't ... but the possibility was so horrifying to her that she could only hang her head and look at the ground between her feet.

And as she did, she noticed something she hadn't seen before.

Suddenly she knew what she had to do.

"Go help your daughter rescue Maduin," she shouted to Argus. "I just found something that has to get checked out here, before we go. I think it's important. We'll be all right."

<"And please, please come back,"> she mind-spoke a parting thought, wondering if it would register as plaintively in Argus' mind as she felt it.

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus hesitated, then nodded, noarding the ship with whoever else was coming along. Of course he would come back. What was Rose thinking? And what was with that tone of voice...

"Seems that everyone who's coming is here, sir," one of Fayna's guards put in, "We'll be taking off soon."

Argus nodded. "Best to see what's keeping Maduin then. And I'll see if I can keep my daughter from razing half the countryside searching for him."

"I'll help as best I can," Jerecht said dryly. Argus smirked. The man seemed to have long experience with Fayna. He decided not to contemplate that to its logical conclusion.