Getsemiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Getsemiel

Post by Porcelain Fish »

Part of being a good soldier was not freezing when the unexpected happened. Bryce had always been a good soldier, but even he had hesitated for half a heartbeat when he saw what was about to happen.

Another part of being a good soldier was realizing when it was time to geth the hell out. Instinct had kicked in, advising him in no uncertain terms that his boot knife wasn't going to be equal to dealing with what was occurring, and he'd turned tail, put his head down, and begun sprinting for the camp, trying not to listen to the sounds of what was going on behind him, and not entirely managing to block it all out.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

The "sound" of her father's voice in her head was something she was still getting used to. She shook her head a slight bit as though attempting to discourage an annoying mosquito, then settled herself. Still shaky with the whole thing, she screwed her concentration up and hoped Argus could tap into her thoughts.

Is that what Cirella would want for you? Would she want you to turn others away and languish? She smiled and sat next to Argus. You aren't replacing her, you know.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus' heart twitched at these words. <"I...know that."> Did he?

If Cirella's ghost had been able to materialize in front of him, what would she say? Probably give him a warm smile and ask him why he wasn't moving on with his life. Why he continued to mope even after all these years. Right as he was on the cusp of regaining his life.

Ye gods, how many years he'd wasted.

And Cirella would only be angry with him if he blew a chance at regaining some happiness in his life. No one could ever replace her; Roe wouldn't WANT to. Just has he couldn't replace who she had lost. And didn't WANT to.

Hell. Harker, overall, had been nice about things. Hypothetical-ghost-Cirella would have cracked out the poltergeist powers and gotten forceful with him until he asked Rose out on a date. She'd always had his best interests at hearts. As he had hers.

And there was the rub, wasn't it? Pining after Cirella for the rest of his life wouldn't make anyone happy.

Argus sat in silence for a moment. <"There... is one other thing that worries me. Fayna... your sister. I just got her back. Would she approve. Would she... turn away form me again?">
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Ask her. Lillith gave her father the slightest of stern looks. The next time you establish contact you can bring Rose and I along, and introduce me. If it seems to be going well, you can also introduce Rose. If it doesn't seem the time she can be some one there to help reassure me. Lillith smiled. She would be reassuring. We could even have Maduin vouch for her. Fayna trusts Maduin.

Just then Harker came by and tossed the two a look. "Ah, father daughter time. Always a good thing. I think the image would be more poignant if you two let me immortalize it in a painting. How about a warm embrace? One where Lillith isn't wearing a top? It'd be more classical that way."

Lillith picked up Harker and heaved him to the other side of the fire.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Blissfully oblivious to the contents of the mental conversation going on beside her (she'd been preoccupied with the coffee when Lillith first approached Argus), Sister Rose smiled softly and decided to let father and daughter "talk;" it was obvious enough that mind-to-mind contact was happening, although she had no way of telling what it was all about. That had to be good; it meant that the two were getting comfortable communicating deeply with each other.

Without saying or thought-speaking a word, she quietly patted Argus on his hand, arose, and went into the tent (in the process missing Lillith's attempt to set a new world record in the Harker-put) to rouse the sleepers. It would still take at least two or three hours to reach Getsemiel, and there were things to do when they got there ... like starting a search that she really didn't want to undertake.

-------------

Meanwhile, a thoroughly outraged Gornch lizard was staggering toward its red-faced mistress.

The scary woman wished she could apologize to the beast for the ... indignities she'd forced it to go through. From the way it looked, however, she thought she'd have to settle for just not being eaten by the thing. She started to issue another command -- heel -- when she realized it wasn't paying her the slightest attention, but rather, crashing off through the forest, heading downhill at as fast a gait as it could manage on its six legs. The command changed instantly to "Stay!", but the lizard didn't care.

The noises of its passage echoed in the forest until it was out of earshot, leaving a chagrined (if still heavily armed) woman in its wake. How was she going to reach the Tsuirakuan devil now, to give him what he deserved? Well, there could only be one answer: by putting one foot in front of the other until she ran him down. It would take time and patience, but Luminosita would provide. At least the rapidly disappearing red-headed soldier was telling her where to look. She started to pack up.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus sighed. "I didn't think you liked those themes, Harker."

"For the sake of art, Boss, I'm willing to bend," came the dirt-muffled reply.

Argus hesitated. <"I would like you to meet Fayna. She is your family, after all. I think she might like having a big sister."> With a faint smile, Argus wondered just how THAT meeting would go. <"But... I would like you there when we inevitably meet. If you don't mind, that is.">

Harker himself off. "Okay, Pa and lil' girl. Enough private mind talk. We got a whole day ahead of us."

"Shouldn't you be making dirty pictures?" Argus asked wryly.

"They're wholesomely erotic, thank you very much. And that's exactly what I mean."
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

In her mercy, Rose woke Tim first, leaving the lovebirds a few more moments of blissful, conjugal sleep. He turned a bleary eye up - then they both bulged wide. Wha...?

Okay, right, this woman with all the flowers on, was Sister Rose. And she was the boss. He could remember resenting her for some reason or other. The reason wasn't coming to mind. The get-up? Oh. Californicans. Right. His eyes narrowed a little. He hoped she wasn't expecting him to sail under false colors. Going along to get along, that was one thing - it was the way he lived. Pretending to an Unorthodox sect...

He'd cross that bridge if he had to. He hoped he woudln't. "Good morning! Time to move?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Tell me it isn't time to get up yet."

Eli listened to the growing hubbub outside and sighed a sigh of resignation.

"Unfortunately, yes, much as I hate to admit it." He hugged Desiree hard against him for a moment and fluttered kisses down the pretty priestess' neck, before clambering awkwardly back to his feet and beginning the laborious process of 'getting all of his shit together'. He picked up the Harmonica and blew a string of chords for no reason other than the joy of the thing.

This morning the half-elf's heart felt a little lighter, as though the exertions and trails of the previous day had been erased for a good's night sleep and... other activities which would put a smile on any hot blooded man's face. He looked back and Desiree and smiled warmly.

"Come on sleeping beauty. I'll cook you breakfast."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: So do we want to fast-forward to Getsemiel now that everybody is awake and moving? Or are there things in camp that still need to get resolved? I'm good either way.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Come on sleeping beauty. I'll cook you breakfast."

I pout, but sit up.

"Fine," I say, reluctantly. "It better be tasty."

-- Desiree

OOC: It's fine with me if we move forward.