Port Lorrel: The search for Jun Oshima

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Port Lorrel: The search for Jun Oshima

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Sorry - had much catching up to do in the workplace. Much better now...]

What the others had to say was only half registering, and that most slowly. He was in kobold-petting heaven right now, and she was letting it happen! If this moment could only last forever, or he could just drop painlessly dead right now, really, there was nothing more he could ask for...

...could bunk with Oo-doh...

Well, granted, this other woman was very very handsome. And it wasn't as if he'd shied away from "prowling panthers" in the past. But her commanding ways suggested there'd be no room for "fun" -- most likely he'd end up on the floor while she scolded him for snoring too much. It wasn't as if he was doing anything that couldn't be seen. And if he was going to end up on the floor anyway, there were better arrangements.

"Or better she could stay with her daughter, or, hell, get a blanket or two and we could all take one room, save even more money..." -- yes, if there was room for the mother and daughter on the bed, maybe Tamina'd curl up nearby -- maybe even purr and transport him straight to the higher levels of paradise.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Their arrangements for the fuel completed, Keyes and the Eisenfaust man headed back toward the tavern. "I need to get back to the main gig," the Eisenfaust man said. "Pleasure doing business with you. I wish watching that crazy girl was as easy." He held out a hand, which Keyes shook.

"Tame here," the half elf said. He rolled his eyes. "I had to keep an eye on her mytelp a little while ago. Tought I wad going to die." Another rolling of eyes. "Well, I need to turn in for de night, got an early morning ob it at toon at de puel get here. Take it eady." He went off to find a bed, specifically Lola's, unless it was already occupied by a paying customer.

The Eisenfaust man shook his head and chuckled as Keyes walked off. "Like you said, you don't know the half of it," he chortled under his breath. He turned to go back into the bar, unaware that he and Keyes were also being watched.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Jamie's eyes narrowed a little. She was about to speak when her mother beat her two it. "I think two rooms is a capital idea. I'd love to spend time with my daughter."

"Not a chance in Hell, mother."

*WHACK*

"OW! Mom!"

Jasmine glowered at her errant daughter, who glared right back. "Young lady, I'm trying to work with you and be open minded about things, but there are limits. I am going to give you a choice. You room with me, or you room with this fellow here." A finger jabbed out towards Udo. "He looks eligible enough."

"MOTHER!"

"Young lady, Nera needs a father! Not a pet!"

"ENOUGH!" Jamie bellowed loud enough to make even Jasmine blink. "We'll solve this tomorrow! Tonight, two rooms. I'm taking one and you three can share the other! Innkeeper! We need..." Jamie blinked. "Now where has he gotten off to?"
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

It was probably for the best that Tamina didn't fully understand the concept of 'pet' when Jasmine used the word to describe her, considering the offense the kobold took from just being referred to as a 'catgirl', a cat-fight would have almost certainly ensued.

More of her concern at the moment was directed at her yelling girlfriend whose outbursts had the smarter patrons ducking under tables or leaving by the nearest exit for fear of a shooting match. The kobold made her way to the mercenary and, in defiance of her mother, put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Umm... Jaime? Scaring the peoples... err... keeper man's under the bar."

At Tamina giving up his hiding place a weather-beaten looking man stood up behind the desk with a horribly strained smile on his face.

"Rooms are upstairs." He said quietly. "Please, please, please don't break anything." He swallowed, hard. "5 bits a piece."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK to move to morning, and leave some things to the reader's imagination? :evil:

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Sounds good./OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The next morning:

Keyes walked groggily back toward the tavern, pausing on the way to give himself a good dose of curative magic; experience had taught him that after a night spent with Lola, it was a good idea (speaking of a "dose"). His Eisenfaust contact was standing outside the bar, looking roughly as haggard as he himself did, but also looking like he hadn't enjoyed the night nearly as much.

"Anyting ektiting?" he asked the man, who rolled his eyes. "Nothing you really want to know, trust me," came the answer, and the two went inside, looking for a stiff cup of coffee and whatever passed for breakfast; it would still be an hour or more before the fuel arrived from Lorrel.

Distinctive sounds were coming from the upstairs guest rooms, and Keyes didn't say anything; he just rolled his eyes and tipped his head toward the source of the noise. The Eisenfaust man nodded, rolled his own eyes again. "Like I said, you don't really want to know..."

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

It must be said that Jamie had actually slept quite well. Other than a couple of diaper changes she'd gotten a full night's uninterrupted sleep. This, in turn, led to her having a remarkably (or relatively) sweet disposition when she came trundling on down the stairs in her usual traveling clothes.

She bounced into the kitchen (gleefully ignoring the "HEY! No customers!") and helped herself to some breakfast. She settled down at a table and began shoveling it in with all the grace and gusto of an adolescent boy.

Jasmine came down the stairs a moment later. "For the last time!" she called out. "I don't snore!"

"Yes you do," Jamie waved her mother over to the table. "You sound like a Tsuirakuan airship in heat."

"Airships don't go into heat and you know it." Jasmine turned to a server and asked for breakfast to be brought to her. The woman nodded and darted off to the kitchen. "So, do you have a plan?"

"Find Jun. Shoot him."

"I thought as much."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

From outside the tavern there was a thump followed by a cry of surprise which drew the attention of both mother and daughter. A moment later the kobold strolled in through the front door with a hand pressed to her mouth to stifle a bout of giggling. It seemed she'd decided that morning to exit her room by clambering out the window (her motivation being one part boredom and three parts curiosity).

Tamina beamed at Jaime and Jasmine and drew up a chair, sitting on the back of the thing with her feet on the seat.

"Starving." She declared. "Jaime! Bacon?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The transaction accomplished, Keyes started pushing the cart full of fuel tanks down toward the boat. He didn't get far, however, before he noticed Tamina crawling out of the window at the inn. A smile crossed his lips, and he rolled his eyes. "Dere, but por de grate of God..." he mumbled to himself, then resumed his journey.

-------------

Meanwhile, in Lorrel, Junichi Oshima was also waking to start the day.