Getsemiel, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Getsemiel, part 2

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose took Argus' hand. "You know, my room back at the temple is kind of drafty..."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

"I think we might be able to get something a bit more comfortable a bit more close at hand." Covertly, Harker pressed a room key into Argus' hand. "Shall we?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose's smile broadened, and if she was aware that Tim, before conking out, had asked a question about theology, she chose to ignore it. "I'd like that," she said softly.

Then she turned to Desiree. "Don't wait up for us. We'll be fine."

[OOC: And finally, I think, fade to black. And ahead to the new thread?]

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Finally, on many counts. Insert Harker fist-pump. And yeah, new thread)
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Have fun," I say to Rose as she and Argus leave the table for their room. I give them both a beaming smile as I watch them depart the dining room. Good for them. It's about time.

My smile fades as I turn back to reguard Tim. I raise an eyebrow at Harker.

"Did you have to put him out cold? How am I supposed to get him back to the temple like this?"

-- Desiree
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

I pay for a room, and pay more for someone to carry Brother Tim upstairs to said room. Then, with a sign, I walk back through the dark town to the temple.

My walk is uneventful. That's probably for the best - I am truly not up for any excitement tonight.

I pass by the room Eli and I shared - no one is within. I feel silly. But I still go to my new room and lock the door once I'm inside.

I take off my dress and hang it up so it won't be wrinkled tomorrow. Then I crawl into bed.

This time yesterday, Eli and I were either making love or cuddling afterwards. I was happy - a bit homesick perhaps, but happy. Now... now I'm alone.

I hate being alone. It goes against my nature. In Snamish, there was always someone who wanted to share my bed - sometimes more than one someone. And I had duties - regular, daily duties, that I could plan for. And there were ceremonies and festivals and harvests... I could be useful, and social, and walk around a town without getting attacked, kidnapped, or nearly trampled by run-away horses for the nth time.

Even in this group, I'm always lonely. I don't care about Luminosan politics or rogue priests or death magic - other than being terrified of it anyway - none of this matters to me. The only reason my mother was traveling with them was because she wanted Lillith to settle in Snamish - look how well that worked out. I'm meant to be the part of a thriving social network, part of a living breathing community. Here... I'm the weird girl who keeps ending up naked. No one knows me. Well, maybe Rose a little, but that's... different. And - no, wait, I think...

I'm lonly because I don't have a place here. That's what I miss - aside from personal saftey I mean - that sense that I am an important part of the community. In Snamish, I'm a priestess - and a fairly well respected one. I'm a talented healer, a good councelor, I'm good at conflict resolution, and I'm good at making my body and soul a channel to Anilis. People like me - I'm one of the most requested priests or priestesses at the temple. More, they respect me. I have a place in Snamish. I'm important there. I matter.

Here... I don't. Rose and Tim are both healers, and Rose is more experienced at using it during combat situations than I am. I'm no good at combat magic, no one else here follows my religion - well, Eli technically, but he isn't very religious, and he's more blessed by Senilis than Anilis. I've caused more conflicts than I've resolved. I suppose I could try making my body a channel for Anilis in exchange for donation money, but without a temple I'd basically just be a street-walker. Outside of Snamish, prostitution isn't respected or safe.

No wonder I feel lonely. Everything that makes me who I am is... worthless here. Instead of someone accomplished, I'm a misfit. Instead of someone valuable, I'm worthless.

I curl up and hug my pillow to me. I don't want to feel like this. I hate this. But I don't know how to change things.

Tired and frustrated, I cry onto my pillow, using it to muffle my sobs.

I fall asleep, still crying.

-- Desiree

OOC: And yes, I too am fine for a new thread.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: So on to the new thread. As Drusia points out there, a link is a good idea, to make it easy to get there from here. Therefore: Link. (And this one is closed.)