Getsemiel, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Re: Getsemiel, part 2

Post by Drusia »

"I think for tonight he's happy where he is - he looked pretty tired and I think he was turning in. Where is it you're all going to, anyway?"

Crap. So much for that. How to get rid of him now?

"Dinner," I reply. And, since there's really nothing else for it, "Would you... like to join us?"

Okay, Plan C. After we eat, I seduce Tim to keep him busy while Argus makes his move on Rose. And I can have Harker tell Argus that I'm situated for the night, so they won't need to wait up for me.

Of course, the there are a couple of flaws in that plan. One, unless we want to screw in a closet, we're going to need to get a room. And two, Eli might kill Tim when he finds out about this. Also three, I'm a little scared that Tim might want to marry me afterwards. I get the impression that Luminosans are kind of strict about that. I mean, look at Brad and Lillith. They had sex once and then they left to get married and settle down.

Hmm... so... plan D?

--- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Blissfully unaware of the scheming going on around her (to which she would have been not merely fully agreeable, but downright complicit, if she'd known about it), Sister Rose took Argus' arm, thinking about how comfortable this was starting to feel.

"Ah, there," she pointed, in the direction of a rather upscale-looking inn. As they approached, she noticed that indescribably delicious aromas were emerging from the front door, as was the soft sound of what might be a string quartet. [OOC: Hey, may as well schmaltz it up big-time under the circumstances. :roll: /OOC:] A well-dressed doorman smiled and bowed slightly as they stepped inside, revealing a tastefully turned out entrance, impeccably maintained, with a tidy dining room to its right that was the source of the aromas and the music.

And, to its left, she noticed, a staircase, again polished and tasteful and impeccably maintained, leading up to the guest rooms.

"Well, I don't think it gets much better than this," she sparkled, and if there was a double entendre in there somewhere, that was just fine with her. "Table for four, please..." And if two have to leave early ... we'll manage.

[OOC:
Alberich wrote:[OOC: Edited. It used to be this forum would tell me when someone else had posted and give me a chance to edit before my comment appeared. If that's an option, could it be turned back on?]
It's still supposed to do it, but I think the deal is that it only does it once, and if that happens to be while you're previewing an intermediate edit, it can go unnoticed, and possibly undisplayed. I'll talk to the software guru about this, though; there may be some switch that he needs to throw.]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus smiled, overjoyed at Rose's choice of restaurant. Off to one side, he noticed Harker in quick negotiations with a rather starled clerk... renting a room, clearly. All right, that base was covered. Now to just show Rose a lovely evening, and hopefully get her upstairs.

Behind him, Harker stepped into Desiree's line of sight- and out of Tim's- and flashed a rather suspicious-looking bottle with a label denating a critically high alcohol content. He grinned evilly. The good brother was going down, one way or the other.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Dinner. Would you... like to join us?"

"Why, yes, thank you!" - Tim was delighted for more than one reason. If Desiree was this cheerful this quickly, it meant either that elves recovered from these ordeals faster than humans, or...more likely...that she hadn't been used in the way he most feared. Then again, though she was fearfully tempting, she was also strong -- easy to forget how strong after seeing her in the warehouse. After all, she had faced down the three-armed Despoiler of Virtue back in the woods near Getsemiel, and in point of fact saved his life. And her flesh was soft and warm as you carried her up the side, and you didn't let go very fast, did you? - kill that thought.

He grinned at the sight of the place Rose picked - the pint he'd shared with Eli made him less shy than he might've been in this company. "Maybe they've got some good Veracian cheese?"

[OOC: That feature worked perfectly with this post, I'm happy to say, and did so twice in a row.]
Last edited by Alberich on April 20th, 2012, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Harker's gesture wasn't lost on Sister Rose, either.

For just the barest moment she hesitated. On the one hand, she didn't want to be the instrument of corrupting an Orthodox Veracian priest. On the other hand, she was pretty sure his mind had already taken him places that his body wanted to follow it to ... and there was something in the Commentaries about that. Wasn't there? Besides, this would be an opportunity to show Tim that the ways of the Reformed Church were wise; one could be a deeply spiritual human being, without being unable to relate to one's fellow man ... or fellow woman... or fellow half-elf, or something like that, in that most fundamental of human ways. And someone could always hear his confession in the morning.

You're rationalizing, girl.

Damn straight I am. Now hush up, conscience, and go to sleep until tomorrow.

"That looks wonderful," she said, as the sommelier (it was a very good sign, she thought, that the place rated one) brought four glasses of wine to join the cheese, one of them just a little different from the others. "Let's toast a rare day that ends better than its beginning, and Luminosita willing, perhaps another such day tomorrow."

Although suddenly I'm hoping that tomorrow is going to get off to a far better start than I'd ever expected.

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim wanted to be careful here - he'd already had his "honest pint" for the day, his preferred drink to share with the good working folk of Umbertiel. But a little wine like that to go with the cheese, that couldn't hurt, now, could it? It was apparent to the others, especially anyone who knew what was going on, that Tim was already getting more "talky" than usual in their company. And wolfing down the cheese with less than his usual manners.

"This one's like a good South Forty Yellow...and this? Tastes like good old Fred Tarmage! Delicious!" -- he looked over at Rose. "Now there's a man for you, but you met him, of course, didn't you? Made it back I hope so we can all get a taste of Fred." And he toasted the cheesemaker in their august company, but happily didn't dwell on what he thought of Rose's treatment of him. He looked to her again anyway, to see what she'd say.

[OOC: Oh, c'mon, he's not collapsing that fast.]
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Goodness, some rapid posting this evening)

Argus was about to speak, when he noticed Harker making some frenzied motions. Hmmm. Tim's wine...? You know what, he was just going to play along here.

"So Tim, you favor the wine here, then?"

Meanwhile, Harker made eye contact with Desiree, quietly enlisting her aid.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Wellll, I had some of the local bitters before, good stuff with Eli, but nothing wrong a little wine with the cheese, 'specially if it tastes like Fred. Good man, that Fred." His eyes slid over to Rose again, to see what she'd say. She never kept quiet too long, she didn't.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

It was a rather odd phrasing, Sister Rose thought, but under the circumstances, what would it matter? "To Fred Tarmage and his cheese, a good man and a good man's work," she responded cheerfully, raising her glass. As the four glasses touched with a clink, she noticed the sommelier watching proceedings. The glasses would need to be refilled soon, and there lay danger. Rose was well aware that an excess of alcohol might make it difficult for a man to ... well, perform. And one wouldn't want that unfortunate situation to arise, would one? (Or two?)

Well, they'd cross that bridge when they got to it. The dinner proceeded as an absolutely heavenly golden mushroom soup emerged from the kitchen.

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Why, yes, thank you!"

Damn. So much for him just leaving. Okay, so Plan E....

"Ah, there," she pointed, in the direction of a rather upscale-looking inn. As they approached, she noticed that indescribably delicious aromas were emerging from the front door, as was the soft sound of what might be a string quartet. And, to its left, she noticed, a staircase, again polished and tasteful and impeccably maintained, leading up to the guest rooms. "Well, I don't think it gets much better than this," she sparkled, and if there was a double entendre in there somewhere, that was just fine with her. "Table for four, please..."

Somehow, not finding the temple kitchen no longer seems like a bad thing. Wow. I haven't eaten somewhere this nice... ever. Snamish just doesn't have any place this fancy.

Also, this place does have rooms, and I would imagine nice rooms. So, if it becomes necessary to seduce Brother Tim, I do have somewhere to do so. Good to know - I might need to go back to that, particularly since the main practical issue is now resolved. The possibility of Eli murdering Tim, or of Tim trying to marry me still exists, but, if one thinks about it in a certain light, those issues might well negate one another.

Harker shows me a bottle, but Rose sees it first. She... doesn't seem to mind the implication. Interesting. I think I may have some thoughts for Plan F... or, no wait, am I on F or G now? Let's call it G. And, to make it easier to remember, we'll call Harker's bottle plan H.

"That looks wonderful," she said, as the sommelier brought four glasses of wine to join the cheese, one of them just a little different from the others. "Let's toast a rare day that ends better than its beginning, and Luminosita willing, perhaps another such day tomorrow."

"Cheers," I reply, raising my class with the others. And here's hoping that things are better tomorrow.

"This one's like a good South Forty Yellow...and this? Tastes like good old Fred Tarmage! Delicious!"

Huh. Brother Tim is really excited about this cheese. I try a few types - they are quite good - but I think I need something a little more... substantial.

I order a steak. A small one. I don't want to make myself sick.

Hmm. If this was Snamish, there'd probably be dancing after food, but I'm not sure the food part ever stops here.

I drink a little more wine.

Meanwhile, Harker made eye contact with Desiree, quietly enlisting her aid.

I nod at Harker, but... I can't quite figure out what he wants me to do? Am I supposed to distract Tim? A note would be really helpful about now.

Oh screw it.

"So, Brother Tim," I say, smiling at him, "I've been meaning to ask you about something. There are so many branches of the Luminosan church, each with a different interpretation of Luminosa's views on priestly relationships. Rose and Brad have helped me understand their sects, but I'm still unclear on your Orthadox view of the subject."

There. Vaguly about sex, without being unseemly. It shoudn't be hard to move this in a seductive direction if necessary. And if not, Harker should have ample distraction to... do whatever he plans to do.

-- Desiree