Getsemiel, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Getsemiel, part 2

Post by Graybeard »

Father Arnold was waiting for the group when they got back to the Calfornican temple, Tim still zonked out in the bed of the wagon. He was looking remarkably composed under the circumstances, Sister Rose thought; the last tendrils of the Empathy spell left no doubt that she'd sized up the situation with him and Sister Nymphaea correctly. "Rite of Repose is in ten minutes," he said formally. "Sister Rose, I would be appreciative if you would join us. Otherwise, I suggest an early bedtime. You all look like you've had a long day. Thanks for the healing; we're chronically short on healers here." He motioned a novice over to lead the guests to their rooms.

"These might -- surprise you," she said to Eli and Desiree as Tim wobbled in their direction, now roused from his nap. "As I said, the Calfornicans don't allow their clergy to marry, but they don't exactly require chastity either." The novice opened the door to the first room and waved the two half elves inside. Rose fielded their puzzled looks with a gentle nod. "Yes, that really is a double bed." A smile. "Don't ask." Tim's room also was thus equipped, although he'd be occupying it alone. Bryce and Maduin had already moved into another (Rose didn't inquire about the sleeping arrangements they'd been provided), and another was hallmarked for Brad and Lillith. That left ...

Yep, one bed for the two of us, all right, Rose noticed as she surveyed the room. Well, that is one hundred per cent fine with me ... as long as he makes it back to bed. I'm getting worried about that airship. And about other things, she did not admit to herself, as she changed into formal robes for the Rite of Repose.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Eli sighed, turned around and took a look at the door through which Sister Rose had exited. He was feeling antsy, it was like an itch had sprung up in his mind which he couldn't get to, he reached into his pocket and rolled the crystal of the amulet around in his fingers.

"I was genuinely worried for a second there." He said offhandedly to the priestess. "I thought that man was going to run to the nearest armed men and ask them to disembowel me or something."

He sat down on the bed, not because he felt tired, quite the opposite, it was a measure to ground himself and stop his feet from wanting to shuffle. He felt like he could run for a couple of miles, climb a mountain and headbutt an eagle out of the sky. If only there was some way to expend this pent up energy...

His eyes shifted, slowly, to Desiree.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"...Enter into Luminosita's Presence," Father Arnold intoned, ending the Rite of Repose. Well, almost ending the rite. Sister Rose excused herself as a bowl of the ceremonial herbs was brought out for -- burning.

For the briefest moment she felt guilty about going back to her chambers and hoping to find her bed already occupied, but it passed quickly enough. For one thing, that way she'd at least know where Argus was. Something about the missing airship felt very, very wrong. If the addled Brother Tyler was to believed (and interpreted correctly), Fayna's airship was the second one to pass over town tonight, and the first one had been responsible for all the fires and explosions. Couple that with the observations that Fayna's ship had beamed someone up, quite likely Bryce (it was so far away at the time that she couldn't be sure, but the man's appearance was distinctive), and that Bryce had gone back into town looking for Maduin ... and it sure sounded like there was an airship chase going on.

And not the slightest damned thing she could do about it.

"Luminosita, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference," Rose prayed as she went to bed for the night ... but that didn't stop her from a further prayer that she'd wake up next to a certain someone in the morning.

[OOC: Truthfully, I'm sorta stalling for things to do here until the airship chase resolves. Any progress on that?]

Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"That sounds a great deal like what Maddy told me. Apparently he leaves a lot to be desired." Fayna shook her head. "We'll see if he can hold his own against the competition in Tsuiraku. Privately I suspect he can't, but perhaps Lillith will surprise us. Why don't you get some sleep, Daddy? I don't think we're going to catch them tonight."

"I'll show you to your room, Dr. Cleiviein." Jerecht gestured to the door. "And if we might have a word in private?"
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus nodded and excused himself. In the hallway, the crew seemed to have taken pains to give them some privacy. Commendable.

"What's on your mind?" he asked Jerecht.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"Fayna has . . . worked very hard to ensure your safe return and vindication, sir." Jerecht folded his hands behind his back, giving Argus a level look. "She really wants this - really wants this. I do too, because it will make her happy, and because as hard as she's worked, as much as she's sacrificed . . ." He trailed off, expression slightly incredulous and a little sad. "I've watched her scrap for it, Dr. Cleiviein. I've watched her and Maduin plot and scheme and connive and in some ways it almost frightens me, the way they've been gambling and dealing to make this happen."

Jerecht took a deep breath. "I guess what I'm saying sir, is I can't do any less - after watching them . . . I don't know what it is, how they do it - but I'm glad, and I want this to work. For all our sakes. Sir, I'd like to ask for your blessing, to ask you for Fayna's hand in marriage. I know she's strong, and she'll have her way regardless of what anyone else thinks, but I'm a little old-fashioned, and it would mean a lot to both of us. I want us to be a family."
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus nodded solemnly, but inside he was touched. Jerecht was observing the old forms, the traditional ways that some scorned, but many found to provide great comfort. "Jerecht," he intoned. "Fayna chose you, and I trust her judgement. Any man who can win my daughter's heart must be a remarkable man indeed, and thus I can find no fault with her request. As long as I have your oath that you will stay by her side and watch over her, you will have my full blessing in this matter."

Argus smirked, the ritualistic words said. "That said, don't tell her I said all that. It might embarrass her, and you know she can be. You have my blessing, Jerecht."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: So on that pleasing note, are we OK with jumping ahead to morning, and presumably the airship fight? Or do Argus, Fayna and Jerecht still have things to say to each other? If so, hurry up, the suspense is killing me! :roll:

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"I was genuinely worried for a second there." He said offhandedly to the priestess. "I thought that man was going to run to the nearest armed men and ask them to disembowel me or something."
His eyes shifted, slowly, to Desiree.

"Please don't talk about disemboweling. Ew," I reply. I shake my head. "I still think it's strange that - "

I yelp in surprise as Eli shoves me down onto the bed. I hear the fabric of my dress rip. "Careful! I'm not very good at sewing!" Eli ignores me. In fact, he seems to be -

"Eli!" I yelp, "I... wasn't expecting... oh... oh... oh! ...oh, by Anilis, don't stop!"

And he didn't - not for several hours.

Afterwards, I lay curled up next to him. "That was really... really good." I squirm happily, little aftershocks of pleasure running through me.

Then, frowning thoughtfully, I lean up on one elbow and look at him. "You're usually not that rough. I mean, I liked it, but... is something the matter? Or were you just feeling a little kinky tonight?"

-- Desiree
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"Thank you Dr. Cleiviein," Jerecht said humbly, genuine relief and also gratitude in his expression and tone. "Please, this way."

The state room was comfortably appointed despite its size, all in House Cleiviein colors with a generously sized twin bed, a small wardrobe, a desk with a crystal display, and the accommodation placed conveniently and discreetly behind a sliding wooden door, all situated to leave five feet of carpet space bare to keep the room from feeling too small.

"The ringer is here next to the door if you need anything, and staff is very efficient." Jerecht gestured to the clapperless bronze bell next to the door. "Sleep well. I have a feeling we'll all need our strength tomorrow."

"So, we're finally alone." Fayna's voice was absent, gaze fixed on the displays in front of her.

Bryce looked up at her, eyebrows rising slightly, but said nothing. His face was pale under the soot, mouth a flat line, darkness behind his green eyes.

"You're not at all what I was expecting," she continued. "I'd always thought he'd pick someone with a little more polish."

"He's got a generous heart." Bryce's deep voice was quiet. "I guess I just got lucky. It's strange - you're living your life, thinking everything's fine, and then suddenly he comes along, and you look back at the days before you met him, and you don't ever want to go back." The smallest hint of a smile tugged at the side of his mouth. "I guess I'm not the only one who can't let go."

"Just remember that I have first claim." Fayna turned and gave him a pointed look. "I was there first, and I keep what's mine."

Bryce held up his hands. "I'm not picking a fight, and I'm pretty sure I'd lose anyway." He chuckled ruefully, but there was a sad note in it. "At this point, all I want is just to hold him. Pretty pathetic, I know."

Fayna shook her head and let out a sigh. "No." She turned back to the starscape out beyond the bow. "It's like you said. We just can't let go."

[OOC: And by all means, let's hop on over to morning! Edit: Once Eli and Desiree have finished up of course. /OOC]