Goriel and beyond, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Goriel and beyond, part 2

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, new topic, but the old one will remain open until that bit of exposition that Alberich was proposing is completed...]

Goriel didn't appear to be a city of early risers, Sister Rose reflected from her perch atop the temple.

She'd been up with the sun, as usual, despite the ... active (and very much in-role) night she'd had. (What had Desiree put into the massage oil? Rose thought that whatever it was, she could get used to it. Argus had been ... impressive.) A quick Hygiene spell later, she was ready for morning prayers, but it occurred to her that walking around in the building's gardens wouldn't be as appropriate for them here as it would have almost anywhere else where Veracia had a mission. I'm going to have to get used to doing things ... differently here. Fortunately, almost as though anticipating the need, the building included a stairway leading to a nearly flat section of roof that even included a small roof-top garden plot.

The streets were almost empty as she went through the rituals, but as she finished, she noticed that there was one passer-by who, in fact, wasn't passing by, but rather, was stationary -- stationary, and watching the temple intently. Without meaning to, she made momentary eye contact with the person down below. Damn. I shouldn't do that here. It's not an appropriate way for a woman to ... Wait a minute.

That's another woman. The one with the red hair who tried to look like a man. And she's watching us like a hawk.

She tried to think about the implications of that as she went back downstairs to rejoin her "husband."

-------------

Earlier:

"All right, all ashore that's going ashore," Rip called as the airship settled rather ungracefully into its mooring near the small village on the north coast of Rinkaiel. [OOC: So one more call on who's going to get involved in this part of things, which can be as lengthy or as brief as people wish.]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Re: Goriel and beyond, part 2

Post by Drusia »

She tried to think about the implications of that as she went back downstairs to rejoin her "husband."

I sleep well, and wake early, anticipation making it hard to sleep in. I'm not going to be able to talk anything with me, apart from the clothing I wear, so I pack away everything else. I put on my day dress for now, though - I need to have that bath first.

I find someone to show me where it is, and rope a couple of priests into filling it for me. Then, it's "good old fashioned" soap and water. I'll need to put some lotion on when I get back to my room so my skin isn't dried out.

Still, it's nice to be clean through some other process than a hygine spell. I still miss the Californican baths, though.

I dry off afterwards, put my dress back on, and head back towards my room to finish getting ready. In the hall near our rooms I see Rose, already up and about. I wave.

"'Morning," I say as I walk up to her, "I trust you had a good evening after I left?" I ask with a knowing smile.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"I trust you had a good evening after I left?"

"Very," Sister Rose twinkled. There was no need to go into details, of course; Desiree would have figured all that out anyway.

She got serious for a moment. "Any concerns about your -- mission of the next few days? I'm not sure I'm the one who can address them, but I can at least put in a word with Father Boris."

[OOC: On that note, I'll be sketchy again for a few days, but should be able to help move things along.]

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

She got serious for a moment. "Any concerns about your -- mission of the next few days? I'm not sure I'm the one who can address them, but I can at least put in a word with Father Boris."

I think for a moment, then shake my head. "No, I don't think so. My mission is pretty simple - listen, observe, and remember. Be meek, submissive, and wait to be told what to do. Do nothing to make anyone think there's more to me than a piece of beautiful, artful furnature. Keep the Prime Minister, and anyone he assigns me to, happy and distracted. If I hear rumors of Blaize, great. If not, then we're no worse off, and my skill will have offered us a measure of protection here."

That... pretty much sums it up, I think.

"Oh - I could use a little help getting dressed," I tell her. I'm not sure if Rose wants to assist herself, or if she wants to send Lillith in to give me a hand, but either way would be helpful. And if no one has time to help me get dressed, I'm sure I can manage - but I'd rather have another set of eyes making sure I look my best.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose nodded. "Let me get Lillith." It would be a good idea to try to keep things in character from here on, and the clan chief's wife wouldn't be helping a getera with her outfit. Would she? Truthfully, it was hard to be sure.

Either way, Lillith was soon installed in Desiree's room, rendering the requested aid ... and that gave Rose an opportunity for a quiet word with her cousin. "I know you're not going to want to let Lillith out of your sight here, but trust Argus and me. We'll take care of her. Now see if you can find Eli and Tim. Young men of the clan will probably want to hang together against possible enemies, don't you think?" Brad gulped and did as he was told; Goriel social conventions or no, he knew who had the brains in the Nuria "clan."

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Lillith was soon installed in Desiree's room, rendering the requested aid

"Thanks for helping me out," I say to Lillith. There's a pause as we work, getting me into my pretty outfit. With help it doesn't take too long.

"Thanks again," I say as we finish up. I get the lilac perfume from my bag and put some on my wrists and neck. It's a delicate scent, perfect for the submissive flower I'm pretending to be.

"You've been pretty quiet about all this," I say to Lillith, applying some kohl to my eyelids to darken them. "Almost everyone else has had some strong opinion or other...." I'm not sure if Lillith wants to talk about it, so I won't force her. If she does, then great. If not... I'm just about ready to go.

-- Desiree

OOC: If Lillith (or others) want to talk, then I'm cool with that. Otherwise, Desiree is ready to go.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Sheesh! I check out for two days and look at what I miss! Sizzling![/OOC]

"I trust you," Lillith replied. "Here, sit a moment."

Deftfingers began weaving a complex braid into Desiree's golden locks. "We are both fertility priestesses, among other things. We know the risks and dangers. You are entering this knowingly. More, you are a lot stronger than you think you are."

As Desiree's head came around in surprise, and objection on her lips, Lillith grabbed Desiree's head and firmly turned it to face forward again. "Hold still." Lillith continued the braiding. "It's true. I know you have doubts, but you've had the strength to be with us all this time. You've been scared, homesick, and had your faith tested. But throughout it all, you've remained you instead of becoming someone else. That strength will carry you through this too."

Finished, Lillith came back around to stand in front of Desiree. "You have strengths that are yours and yours alone, Desiree. I couldn't do this task, because of the taint of anger that strains my soul. We may not agree on everything about our faith, but in the end, I think you may be closer to the Mother than I'll ever be." Bending forward, Lillith placed a kiss on Desiree's brow.

Straightening up, she massaged her back a moment. After a little indulgence in a soft groan to accompany the rubbing, Lillith's face became a slightly hard mask. "Get up, Getera. Your services to the family are needed today. Do not shame us." A small flame flickered behind Lillith's eyes, and her cheeks colored ever so slightly with shame.

It was hard to say who managed to disembark first, Jamie or Tamina. The mercenary gun girl seemed eager to achieve new lows in chaos, while the kobold was all aquiver with excitement at the chance to explore more. Somehow the two managed to squeeze out the hatchway in a blur of guns, fur, and clothing.

Behind them, Udo was enjoying the sight. He was, of course, as brave as anyone, and would gladly have led the way, but how could he resist the chance to enjoy watching Tamina's tail tick back in forth with the joy of the kitten on the prowl? Any man would do it, and, well, he was just the man for the job!

Jamie leaned precariously far out over the rail, then grabbed the rope attached to it. "Here we go!"

"You'll need..." Shorty tried to forestall her, but the girl was gone and sliding down before he managed. "... gloves."

Down on the ground, Jamie was jumping about, flapping her hands about and shouting shockingly filthy things. Shorty sighed and turned to Tamina. "Make sure the first place you loot is an apothecary. She'll need ointment fore those blisters."

In the hold, Katie was looking on as the Captain was addressing the crew.

"Men! Women! Automatons!" he called.

The crew shuffled about trying to figure out what an automaton was, and who the women were. Katie palmed her face.

"Remember, we're privateers! And what's private is eers!"

"Ears?" a particularly brave crewman asked.

"Ours," Katie filled in.

"OOOoooooooh. That's kind of clever."

Katie sighed.

"So collect what's private and eers to victory!"

"Collect victory because it's ours?" the same crewman asked.

Katie colored. Deeper.

The crewman shut up.

"Right then! Off with you! And don't forget to collect what's most privates of ours!"

The crew looked totally confused as Captain Morgan wandered off.

"Uh..." Another crewman, less brave than the first crewman but far less intelligent glanced towards Katie. "What's he mean by that?"

"He means don't forget to capture a few lively wenches," Katie replied softly.

"Really?" The crewman brightened.

"Really," Katie replied, again softly.

Those who really knew Katie held their breaths.

"Awesome," the designated land mine detector said.

"AND IF ANY OF YOU LOT BRING SO MUCH AS A FEMALE DOG ABOARD, LET ALONE A WENCH, I WILL PERSONALLY USE YOUR COLON TO STORE EVERY TOOL I CAN FIND ABOARD THIS RIG! CLEAR?"

"Colon?" Someone whispered.

"Rectum. Anus. Asshole, you chunderhead," Rip whispered back.

"Oh..."

Katie dropped the large cargo door. "Remember! Fuel and food are priority! After that... HAVE AT IT, BOYS!"

The crew rushed out.
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"I trust you," Lillith replied. "We are both fertility priestesses, among other things. We know the risks and dangers. You are entering this knowingly. More, you are a lot stronger than you think you are."
"It's true. I know you have doubts, but you've had the strength to be with us all this time. You've been scared, homesick, and had your faith tested. But throughout it all, you've remained you instead of becoming someone else. That strength will carry you through this too."
"You have strengths that are yours and yours alone, Desiree. I couldn't do this task, because of the taint of anger that strains my soul. We may not agree on everything about our faith, but in the end, I think you may be closer to the Mother than I'll ever be." Bending forward, Lillith placed a kiss on Desiree's bow.

Unexpected tears glisten at the corners of my eyes. What Lillith just said... that was beautiful. "Thank you," I whisper to her. Her words mean more to me than I can... well, they mean a lot. I didn't think she liked me - I guess I was wrong. Or maybe she's finally realized that I'm not my mother. I want to tell her that I'd like us to be friends, but there isn't time right now. And she knows - I haven't made that desire quiet, by any means. Maybe when I get back from this, we finally can be.

"Get up, Getera. Your services to the family are needed today. Do not shame us." A small flame flickered behind Lillith's eyes, and her cheeks colored ever so slightly with shame.

I repress a smile - she doesn't need to feel shame for her acting. I wish I could tell her so, but again, there isn't time. Although, there might be one way to let her know how much I appreciate what she just said, and did.

I stand, my poise elegant, my lines beautiful, but submissive. I keep my eyes downcast.

"I shall not, My Lady," I tell Lillith. "And, if it please you, perhaps when I return I can provide you and your husband the same service I provided to Master Argus and his lady wife last night. If you so wish, it would be my honor to do so."

Smiling serenely, I bow my head again and head out to meet the others. I think I'll let Lillith ask Rose what the exact nature of the service I provided was. The thought of Lillith having to ask, and Rose having to explain, makes me smile a little. I think picturing Brad asking Argus would make me laugh outright, but I know these couples well enough now that I'm sure that would never happen. Rose and Lillith are the stronger of the two. It's no wonder I like them both so much.

I go wait at the appointed location. I'm ready. Whatever happens now, I'm going in knowing I couldn't be more ready than I am right now.

-- Desiree

OOC: I'm good to go - anyone have anything else to say before I get sent off?
Also, has it been determined who will be running the people I'm being sent to? I assume I'm not supposed to RP with myself....
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Lillith walked down the hallway leading Desiree. She was uncertain what Desiree's offer was. Doubtless, had she known, she'd have eagerly jumped at the chance of a massage that would loosen sore muscles, but one glance at the way Rose was positively floating an inch off the floor was enough to cause Lillith to resolve not to ask. Even for a priestess who covered, amongst other things, fertility, some things wandered a bit too much into TMI territory.

Going before Argus, Lillith gave a stiff, awkward bow. She had no idea what the proper protocol was in this insane place, so she hoped it would be sufficient when in the company of the local... people. "Father, I have prepared and brought the Getera."
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Even with the aid of soap and water alone, Desiree radiated submissive sensuality that would penetrate two inches of lead. Father Boris, waiting with the others, simply nodded, his mouth unreadable behind his beard.

"It is in good time," he said. "I have a message that the Duravsky are sending men with their Getera, and to bring you back to them. I think they will be here in a very few minutes."

Meantime, Brad had found Tim and Eli having a late breakfast together. They seemed to have struck up a friendship of some kind. That beat trying to kill each other for sure. But they fell silent when he showed up. Pleasant but quiet, they were. He brought Rose's message, that they should come join the others in the entry hall. They came along, Tim making the smallest of small talk with Brad as they went. At least there's another "baby Brother" to pick on... - crude thought, stop it.

Married life seemed to be treating the young man he's ten years older than you well enough - and Tim thought it was a better arrangement than having either of them run around loose. They made it in time to hear the news. There were good-mornings all around.

[OOC: If no one does anything I'll have them enter when I post late tomorrow morning. This way, you all get a chance to react and I get a chance to sleep. (hey, is there a code for a sleepy-dreamy smiley?)]

[OOC2:
Drusia wrote:Also, has it been determined who will be running the people I'm being sent to? I assume I'm not supposed to RP with myself....
Desiree's already been playing with herself and nobody objected...anyway, Graybeard and I have plots running in parallel, and I have a cast of characters in mind, so you'll definitely be hearing from me and probably from both of us.]