Goriel and beyond, part 3

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Goriel and beyond, part 3

Post by Alberich »

"I still don't see while we're playing this all formal and polite when we could just get the information in a more direct manner. It's dishonest either way, our way would just produce quicker results."

While waiting for his turn to throw, Tim muttered back to Eli - "Well, maybe they can get a clue about where we should be looking - and whom or what we should be looking for. A good spy can tell you where to send your scouting party. Work the arms together and we might get somewhere."

(He was using the term "arms" in a military sense - like infantry and cavalry, or, as the case might be, sexually enchanting elf-spies and rough-hewn magical mouse-scouts.)

Malyuta was effusive and friendly as he matched his skill against the newcomers'. He was definitely ahead of Tim at knife-throwing - but Eli might be ahead of him, having many more years of youth to have practiced in. A couple other boisterous well-born lads joined in, giving them plenty of cover to mutter comments to each other if they wished.

[OOC: Still a little overwhelmed but I'll be back Friday myself.]

[OOC2: Desiree didn't get the full details of the attack from Tatiana because Tatiana had only a secondhand account from Leonid, since he sent her out of the feasting hall early, but she definitely got a much more accurate account than the fourth-hand rumor version she'd heard before, one that properly timed the attack as shortly before the midnight gong, and included Tim's buck-naked "adventure" the next morning.]
Last edited by Alberich on June 14th, 2012, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

A lesbian -- and so in love with you that she can barely hold still, thought Sister Rose. She had to give Desiree this: it was easy for people to fall in love with her. (That would have had impilcations involving Kenny that she'd have wanted to explore more deeply, before ... the other night. Now it didn't seem quite so important any more.)

She didn't want to say what came next, but it was necessary. (I hope to Luminosita that that damping gadget works, because otherwise this is going to sound terminally uppity from a Gorielian perspective.) "If rescuing this poor woman is consistent with our mission," she said, "then it is certainly the loving thing to do, the good thing, the right thing to do. But -- as much as I hate to say it, the mission must come first. We'll have to find a way for the disappearing act that's consistent with that." If we can.

---------------

Meanwhile, rescue was also on Therese's mind.

She'd found something at the market that should give her a wedge into the Duravsky operation, but it would take some work. She hustled it off to the safe house and locked the door. There'd be some mechanical modifications, all relatively simple ... and then the magical tweaking would start, and that would be the hard part.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]A large wildfire started near the house this afternoon. We're not under an evacuation order yet, but if the direction of the fire shifts much we'll be at risk. So I may or may not be able to post over the next few days. *fingers crossed*[/OOC]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC:
Sareth wrote:[OOC]A large wildfire started near the house this afternoon. We're not under an evacuation order yet, but if the direction of the fire shifts much we'll be at risk. So I may or may not be able to post over the next few days. *fingers crossed*[/OOC]
Sympathies, my friend. Been there, done that, don't like it. Take care of yourselves first. /OOC:]

The carpentry was done, so Therese set to work on the hard part.

Bending metal magically was beyond her skills -- if the metal was at room temperature. However, the whole point of pewter was that it was easy to work at temperatures not that far above ambient. A number of small Flame Volleys, most carefully directed into the metal, should do the trick ... and then success would hinge on her memory of what the chief of Clan Duravsky looked like. She started to make the changes, her brow knitted in concentration.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"If rescuing this poor woman is consistent with our mission," she said, "then it is certainly the loving thing to do, the good thing, the right thing to do. But -- as much as I hate to say it, the mission must come first. We'll have to find a way for the disappearing act that's consistent with that."

I frown. "I'm... not sure what that means," I say slowly. I'm really not. Consistent with the mission? What does that even mean? I can't imagine that Anfisa would have anything at all to do with Blaize - she doesn't know him anyway. Does that make her inconsistant?

It's military jargon, I think. It might behoove Rose to remember that not all of us have military training, or are familiar with the terminology.

-- Desiree
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus saw Desiree's confusion. "She means that we will do so- if we can pull it off without blowing the whole thing sky-high, and without getting ourselves killed in the process. Blaise has to come first. Afterwards... we'll see what we can do about an extraction." Come to think of it, they might have an ally there...
Last edited by Drannin on June 15th, 2012, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"She means that we will do so- if we can pull it off without blowing the whole thing sky-high, and without getting ourselves killed in the process. Blaise has to come first. Afterwards... we';; see what we can do about an extraction."

Oh. Okay. "I have some ideas on the extraction front," I tell him. "But all of them would require some warning. And planning. I'm not sure how many times you'll be able to justify meeting with me. Is there any way we could set up some sort of communication?"

I don't add that I'm pretty much planning on helping Anfisa even if the others aren't in agreement. I'm not entirely sure how, yet, but... I'm not leaving her here.

-- Desiree
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Well, maybe they can get a clue about where we should be looking - and whom or what we should be looking for. A good spy can tell you where to send your scouting party. Work the arms together and we might get somewhere."

"I've half a mind..." Eli continued, hawking the knife awkwardly in his impatience. "...to have a little listen in on the meeting they're having right now. You ever hear the phrase 'fresh eyes see clear'? Maybe if we were getting the important stuff firsthand we might see something the others don't."
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim felt the same but muttered back - "Not practical, I'm afraid. Can't really get alone here. Just have to hope they ask enough and she tells enough that we don't lose any clues."

He thought it would be hard to be right in the middle of...that kind of life, and be able to focus on information that might matter, as opposed to getting caught up in all the lubricious you-know. But then, Desiree took that kind of thing in stride and might bring back reports with a clearer eye.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]Okay, everything's okay at this end. Fire's out and missed us by three miles. Nothing to really post at the moment, though.[/OOC]