Goriel and beyond, part 6

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Re: Goriel and beyond, part 6

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: I got nothing. So... Saus it is!)
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: I'm slow these days - maybe for some little while - much work to do before I get sliced. But I can't quite drop that one scene.]

The news about Drusilla was stunning and made it hard for Anfisa to concentrate on the rest of what Desiree was saying. Drusilla wasn't just a story about a cut face - she was the geteroi's central myth about keeping to their places. But if Lord Arman had the power to fake that, then he was still very frightening, no matter what had happened, and she wished extra speed to this mystery ship as it took them far away from there.

"And that, no matter how many people I fall in love with, no matter how many people I spend my time with, I won't love you any less. And I will keep coming to you as long as you'll have me."

Anfisa answered that one with a kiss, the close-lipped chaste kind. Now whether she would really be happy with an arrangement like that was another, unknown story. She was following her heart, which in the way of hearts everywhere didn't obey instructions so well. Maybe she could adjust to her lover's plans just fine. Maybe she dreamed she'd win Desiree from her wayward ways. Or maybe - and this was likeliest - she wasn't thinking that far ahead, and was grasping whatever hope there was.

Chaste in time melted into unchaste. The ship sailed through the sky, yet some on it could feel the earth move.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"... So that's how it all began," Sister Rose finished up. "I wasn't looking for love, or even companionship. Really, neither of us were. It just kind of happened." She smiled broadly. "And we're glad it did." Even if the "marriage" that her interlocutor was taking for granted was ... not so clear.

Therese smiled softly. "A happy story," she commented. "I've never been one to look for love either. There are just so many important things to do."

Rose raised an eyebrow. "But when you've found love, or love has found you, there really isn't much that's more important, is there?" Including ... service to Luminosita? No, don't go there.

"Even the Convergence?" Therese wanted to know.

Rose thought about it. "'As' important, I'd agree. But 'more' important ..." She let her voice trail off without an answer, not least because she didn't really have one in her own mind. A convenient yawn left her an out. "This is too -- complicated a subject to talk about, with as little sleep as we've been getting. I'll see you in the morning, and we can pick it up when we're better rested. Sleep well." She went to join Argus in their wardroom.

Therese sat for a few minutes longer, thinking, and debating with herself whether to venture back into her own wardroom, or to try to fall asleep here, in the observation deck. The Five Great Mothers knew, she'd slept in more challenging conditions. Yet at the same time ... when you've found love, or love has found you ...

Oh, what the hell,
she thought, most uncharacteristically. She got up and quietly slipped back into the wardroom.

[OOC: And on that note, fade to black, and forward to Saus, unless Desiree wants to get a last word in.]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

[OOC: And on that note, fade to black, and forward to Saus, unless Desiree wants to get a last word in.]

OOC: Naw - she's happy that Anfisa doesn't seem overly concerned about things pleased to leave it at that.
Although, I'm not sure how long the conversation with Rose took. Are we assuming that Desiree and Anfisa are finished and asleep? Or did Therese just walk in on them?

If we want to move on to morning, probably best to assume the former.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus was deep in thought. His 'marriage' to Rose was not a bad thing at all. It felt good, and he was quite interested in making it a bit more official. However, there were a few things they had to discuss. Religious differences, for one. Argus' views on Luminosita were bound to be an issue. Place of residence was another. But, that could wait, for the moment. Once they arrived in Saus, however... well, maybe it was time the two of them had a heart-to-heart.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC:
Drusia wrote:[OOC: And on that note, fade to black, and forward to Saus, unless Desiree wants to get a last word in.]

OOC: Naw - she's happy that Anfisa doesn't seem overly concerned about things pleased to leave it at that.
Although, I'm not sure how long the conversation with Rose took. Are we assuming that Desiree and Anfisa are finished and asleep? Or did Therese just walk in on them?

If we want to move on to morning, probably best to assume the former.
OK, the former it is. So to move on:]

When Sister Rose got up and moved to the observation deck the next morning, so as not to disturb the slumbering Argus as she did her prayers, there was a surprise waiting for her.

"Change of itinerary," young Captain Murial told her. "We're going to drop you and your party off, and remand our captive --" he gestured back to the brig where Father Boris was confined, guards still in place -- "to custody. Then we turn around and take everybody else home."

Rose was surprised. "What happened?"

The captain shrugged. "Either things have quieted down in Goriel, or Brother Clement, the acting Abbot, decided the threat wasn't as severe as he first thought." He snorted. "Or was told it wasn't, and is in no position to argue. Clement is a good man, capable and conscientious, if a bit wet behind the ears." (That matched Rose's opinion.) "He may simply have been overruled, for Luminosita alone knows what reason."

"Indeed," Rose agreed, adding a shrug of her own. "Well, it just means we'll have to find different transportation to Emerylon, if it comes to that." Now why is he looking at me like that?

[OOC: So does anyone want to do anything to greet the dawn with Rose, or shall we continue the fast-forward all the way to landing? I'm good either way.]

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

I yawn and sit up. Anfisa wants to cuddle, but I'm a bit hungry and need to use the... whatver they call toilets on airships.

I extract myself and stand up, stretching. Not the most comfortable bunk ever. I have little red marks all down my side from where I was laying against the wall. Bulkhead? Whatever. I rub at the lines on my butt, and they begin to fade. Huh. I should find some clothes before I leave the room, I suppose.

I pause and turn towards Therese. She's awake and looking at me. "Morning," I say, smiling at her.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Morning."

Therese didn't blush easily, or often, but these were unusual times.

"Morning," she was eventually able to get out, as she felt heat rising in her face (and other places). "Did you sleep tog-- well?"

----------

"Transportation has been arranged," the captain said rather stiffly, "but it's a high-security situation. I'm not authorized to go into details until we hit the ground."

Uh, oh, thought Sister Rose.

She tried to keep her face neutral, but sent Argus a bit of mind-speech that wasn't. <"I don't know about you, but I don't like the sound of that...">

Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Where did everybody go? Will you come out of hiding if we go on to Saus? :? ]

A few hours later:

The adventurers were all on the observation deck, watching proceedings, as the airship arrived at the mooring tower in Saus. [OOC: This place has been mentioned and broadly described before, so I won't repeat it here. /OOC:] Sister Rose had to admit, she was glad to be home. Saus might not have had quite the exotic tang of the places they'd seen in the last few weeks, but that was hardly a bad thing. It was also a bit more under the thumb (or so she viewed it) of the Orthodox Church, and that was perhaps not so comforting under the circumstances. Still, Rose was a dedicated nun of Luminosita ... along with all the other things ... and this was the second holiest city in the land. Things had to be more comfortable here than in Goriel.

Didn't they?

A bump announced that the ship had come to a halt, and mooring cables were rapidly emplaced between ship and tower. They'd be debarking within minutes now ... which didn't leave her long to discuss one thing with Argus.

"When we get settled in down there and there are a couple of hours free," she said, "I'm going to ask Tim to take responsibility for the group for a little while. There's something that you and I need to do, if you're willing." She swallowed hard, knowing that what she was about to say had very powerful courtship overtones to it, even though in certain regards, they'd moved well beyond the courtship stage by now.

"I really want you to meet my mother."

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"Morning," she was eventually able to get out, as she felt heat rising in her face (and other places). "Did you sleep tog-- well?"

I smile at her blush, and smile a little more at her faux-pass.

"Yes," I reply. "And yes."

-- Desiree

OOC: Busy yesterday. And much else to say. This is too priceless of a moment to rush through. ^^