Goriel and beyond, part 6

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Goriel and beyond, part 6

Post by Graybeard »

Mont Nuit, Therese thought. "Mount Night," in the private language of her people. Do I know where that is? After pondering it for a bit, she decided it didn't really matter. Some of Desiree's body language had suggested that certain features of her tale were, well, embellishments. Furthermore, she had plenty of reasons not to give accurate information about where she'd really come from.

"That was marvelous," she said quietly, as the three walked back to the cloister. "Thank you for spinning that out, too, so that Anfisa and I didn't have to tell our own tales. I'm afraid that mine wouldn't be quite so --" she groped for a word, wasn't entirely happy with the one she found, but it would have to do, and it had some implications -- "romantic."

She walked most of the way back to the temple in silence, but before going inside, decided to be just a bit more -- forward than she'd been. "Maybe, when we're away from this constricting place, we can -- tell each other more stories." None of the three women could harbor many doubts by now that that was a euphemism for something, although even Therese herself wasn't sure what.

[OOC: So with Rose and Argus walking sadly and thoughtfully back to the temple, are we OK to move on to morning? Alberich, your message is received, and it will be done...]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

You'd have to be looking very closely at Anifsa's face to see it harden as Therese flirted. Yes, she knew what Desiree had so carefully explained, that she was like a...public woman back in her village, and would not be Anfisa's alone. But Anfisa wasn't mistress of her own heart. She was determined to stick by Desiree, half-planning to adjust, half-planning to find a way to win her, and half-planning to cry.

She didn't comment on the tale. She hadn't tried to follow its twists and turns, just relaxed and listened to the sound of her lover's voice, and imagined the erotic scenes as they might've happened with her. But she did steal some subtle touches as they walked back.

[OOC: Fine by me, and the next morning would be a good place for a new thread with a descriptive title that fits the new adventure.]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC:
Alberich wrote: [OOC: Fine by me, and the next morning would be a good place for a new thread with a descriptive title that fits the new adventure.]
OK. Let me then introduce a small incident a long way from Saus, in a location yet to be determined. Its relevance to the next thread will be clear soon enough ... and Drannin, your plea has been heard.]

Meanwhile, even as the two groups were returning to the temple, a certain highly forbidden book was being replaced on a bookshelf in a temple of Luminosita.

The problem with serving Luminosita in a place so far from home, Brother Dalton reflected, was in striking the precarious balance between fidelity and relevance. On the one hand, you had to make sure that what you were teaching the natives was true to the doctrine of the Holy Father. On the other hand, you also had to accept that the people you were talking to hadn't a clue what Luminosita was all about ... but they did have their own beliefs, which served as a starting point for their religious experience. If you couldn't accept that they had those beliefs, getting them to convert to the worship of Luminosita would be much harder. And that acceptance required more knowledge and understanding of those beliefs than was sometimes altogether comfortable. The book he'd just been studying, with that goal in mind, was unsettling ... but it was also interesting. He'd have to seek confession later for that latter part. Probably.

Between his inward meditations, and the thump of the secure door closing on the bookshelf, he didn't hear the much softer noise of the door to the temple library being gently opened, nor of a pair of footsteps softly approaching. In fact he didn't hear anything at all, until rough hands seized him by the shoulders, and another pair of rough hands slapped a heavily drugged cloth over his nose and mouth. As light began to fade, the last thing he heard was a male voice...

"Careful with the chloroform. We don't want to lose him."

And then the world went black.

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"That was marvelous," she said quietly, as the three walked back to the cloister. "Thank you for spinning that out, too, so that Anfisa and I didn't have to tell our own tales. I'm afraid that mine wouldn't be quite so --" she groped for a word, wasn't entirely happy with the one she found, but it would have to do, and it had some implications -- "romantic."

I blush at the compliment. I'm not normally a story teller, but that one was one of my favorites growing up, and I remember it well. The romance between Phoebe and Millicent - and the conflict - has often found it's way into my fantasies. The pain part... well, I'm not roused by pain, although I can fake it, but there is still a certain sentuality to it. Actually, I perfer the tales of Sidonie and Amaranth or Moirin and Jeanne when it comes to tales of love between women, but it all started with Phoebe and Millicent, Kusihel's Chosen and his Scion.

"Maybe, when we're away from this constricting place, we can -- tell each other more stories."

"I'd like that," I reply, letting my fingers brush against her hand, flirtatious and inviting. On the other side of me, Anfisa gently touches me in much the same way. Hmm. That could either be a problem or a very, very interesting way to spend the evening....

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: So are we ready to move to morning, and a new thread? (Therese would ... enjoy ... Desiree's touch, but would studiously avoid acting on it until they're no longer in the cloister, i.e., the next day or later.) If so, I'll open it with an appropriate title that's forward-looking.

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

Graybeard wrote:OOC: So are we ready to move to morning, and a new thread? (Therese would ... enjoy ... Desiree's touch, but would studiously avoid acting on it until they're no longer in the cloister, i.e., the next day or later.) If so, I'll open it with an appropriate title that's forward-looking.
OOC: Sure, I'm good.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, new thread up and running. I hope the title isn't too leading; as noted there, the city of Douaga, on the Southern Continent, has been mentioned previously, and I'm anticipating that the stuff with Brother Dalton will eventually lead there.

I'll leave this one open for a while, as usual, to accommodate any parting shots, but events of the next day should happen in that other thread.