Goriel and beyond, part 6

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Goriel and beyond, part 6

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina made a happy noise and clapped her hands, wincing as the numbness was bashed out of the one she'd used the rock with. She'd watched Argus' display with starry eyes and a smiling mouth. The humanoid called to him.

"That was great! Hey!" Surprise danced across her face. "Said it right! Umm..." She scurried over to the mage. "Mr Rock Man? Think you could maybe... teach me how to... umm... rock?"
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus blinked. "Take an apprentice? Well... I haven't taught in a long time... but the key here is just how much affinity you have for earth magic. The more you have the easier it is. Basically, it all depends on what you're naturally good at." He paused. "...So, I don't mind, if you'd like to give it a shot."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Milady? Shall I send for bearers?" the sentry at the Vatnikov compound asked the gray-haired woman.

"Bearers? Luminosita's Nuts, no," the woman laughed, her voice much younger than her physique. "There's a perfectly good wagon right here. Just help me into it."

Therese suppressed a smile as she stepped up to the wagon and slid over to make room for Lady Vatnikov -- "Just call me Marge," the woman quickly informed everyone. (Not a very Gorielian name, but there were reasons for that.) Then she set the wagon in motion, heading not for the center of the compound but along a dirt road/path leading out into a field. "Your timing is good," Marge Vatnikov said. "My son is out on business, and his worthless wife --" she almost spat the words -- "just had another little brat, so she's not going anywhere. We should have all the time you need."

Therese smiled. "Thank you. This may be -- complicated."

Marge shot her a look. "Possibly having something to do with that blimp that's been running around?"

"Possibly."

A few minutes later, they arrived at a turnaround in the road, beyond which were what looked like ruins -- dwarven ruins. Therese dismounted first, and helped the Dowager Lady Vatnikov off. Then she turned to the others on the wagon. "Okay, we get off here. Marge will lead, I will bring up the rear. And I must warn you: Do not, under any conditions, stray from the marked path." Her theatrical shudder was one hundred percent genuine, and what looked like a multi-barreled gun swung out of the ruins in the group's general direction, as if to emphasize the point.

-----------

Sister Rose suppressed a smile at the thought of Argus taking a furry "apprentice." Actually, she wouldn't mind having Tamina around; in her own chaotic way, the kobold was good company. "We're done here," she said. "Let's try to follow the wagon." She took out the direction finder that she'd worked out with Therese, and it began to glow.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina thanked Argus for his offer; her Elder had asked her to look out for anything that would be helpful to their people during her vacation, and magic that could move rocks definately fit the bill. There was another reason of course, even though kobolds weren't generally labored with introspection as much as a species like humans were, Tamina was, at least, aware that kobold magic had serious short-comings when facing more conventional stuff, and better defenses would be an aid going up against the Ralkin.

She mulled over what Argus had said to her.

"Af-fin-i-ty? Dunno 'bout that, grew up in jungle, pretty earthy in there. Oh! Could share some killikah stuff if y'like." She said to him, not wanting to be selfish. "Can make peoples stronger, faster... oh! Could make your beaver gah stronger too!"

Of course, kobolds culture had little to say about magical familiars, much less about what casting enhancement spells on them would do.
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on August 28th, 2012, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Okay, we get off here. Marge will lead, I will bring up the rear. And I must warn you: Do not, under any conditions, stray from the marked path." Her theatrical shudder was one hundred percent genuine, and what looked like a multi-barreled gun swung out of the ruins in the group's general direction, as if to emphasize the point.

I blanche and nod. I take Anfisa's hand, just to make sure she doesn't panic and stray.

I wish I knew what was going on....

-- Desiree

Edit OOC: In other news, I just discovered and read all of Does Not Play Well With Others. Suddenly, the name of this forum makes sense! Not to mention all those weird little guest strips where Naga and Fran showed up and I was like "who are these people?"
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus raised an eyebrow. He'd always wanted to learn some enhancement magic. Some of his former colleagues might have scoffed at the thought of learning magic from an 'uncivilized kobold,' but Argus wasn't one of him. If there was one thing he had learned, it was that magic was magic, and knowledge was knowledge. Even if Tamina didn't understand the exact mechanics... well, no reason not to branch his research out a little, was there?

"Perhaps we can trade a little bit," he said with a smile.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Kobold returned Argus' smile with a toothy one of her own and clapped her hands again. She'd missed her tutelege under the tribe elder; it was one of the things she'd never had difficulty staying focused on. The prospect of learning something new had her ready to turn cartwheels despite Jaime's earlier abandonment.

She resumed her place at the front of the group as they made for their rendevous with the wagon, staying ahead in a half-skipping walk and a singing a song in her native tounge.

OOC The mental image I've got is so cute I vomited a rainbow. Have we got a time frame for catching up to the wagon?/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Ooc-- traveling with a very bad connection...

Therese followed the old woman to a shed beyond the dwarven defenses. 'Here,' she told the others. 'Transportation to a new life awaits.'. She looked at Àmfisa.

Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Jack Rothwell wrote:Kobold returned Argus' smile with a toothy one of her own and clapped her hands again. She'd missed her tutelege under the tribe elder; it was one of the things she'd never had difficulty staying focused on. The prospect of learning something new had her ready to turn cartwheels despite Jaime's earlier abandonment.

She resumed her place at the front of the group as they made for their rendevous with the wagon, staying ahead in a half-skipping walk and a singing a song in her native tounge.

OOC The mental image I've got is so cute I vomited a rainbow. Have we got a time frame for catching up to the wagon?/OOC
Ooc-- if I ever get a/ usable computer again, the plan was for the airship to pick up Rose and group.

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

OOC: Anyone here like tabletop gaming? Miniatures gaming? Painting miniatures?

If so, you may want to check out the Reaper Miniature Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/151 ... gaming-min

225 miniatures (retailing at 2-5 dollars each) for 100 bucks is a pretty sweet deal.

Okay, that's all I wanted to say. Carry on. /OOC