Return to the Southern Continent

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Return to the Southern Continent

Post by Alberich »

Tamina's change of plan was secretly welcome to Udo, but he wasn't going to put his medals back on now, so they went into a pouch. He'd just have to try his luck without them! But in truth he didn't feel the urge to chase the local talent in the bar - maybe because the way Drusia had been hitting on Tamina awoke in him the irrational (and totally futile) urge to stay by her and meet hit with counter-hit. Or maybe he just liked staying with the elf and the gah (since he did, in fact, like them both). Or wasn't drunk enough to find the after-midnight crowd appealing...Anyway, he ordered weak, cheap stuff and listened to the local talk.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Khoo, who was still rather the worse for his bout of seasickness, had no interest whatever in the local talent, such as it was. Instead, he sensibly headed off to his rather blah room and and to sleep ... but not before he did one thing.

Grendell was much too far from Tsuirakushiti for Crystal-net to be available, of course. However, any Sashi Mu grad student had enough papers to write that a crystal ball with some local memory was a necessity. He extracted his from his Pocket Dimension, fired it up (confirming that he was cut off from the net), and began to write up the events of the day.

This will get me a pile of hits when I put it out on the net as fantasy and thaumatic fiction, he thought. Who knows, maybe some of them will even be from women. Thus buoyed by the prospects of actually obtaining a girlfriend, he finished his typing, put the ball away, and was asleep within seconds.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC I'll wait til Dru puts in and then skip to morning on my next post unless anyone has anything they want to do in the meantime./OOC
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

I listen to Tamina's questions about the Ralkin with interest. It seems that they haven't been active lately. I hope that's because they were busy recruiting Eli and tangling with me up North - it would be nice to feel like that accomplished something.

My main concern is that they might have relocated somewhere up north, making this trip a waste of time. Well... perhaps not entirely a waste.

"Would you like me to get you something from the bar?" I ask Tamina. Udo, it seems, is already helping himself.

-- Drusia

OOC: Sorry, been a busy week, and in unfamiliar locations Dru tends to stay in Quiet Observation mode.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina nodded vigorously and pointed out a bottle of sweet, red spirit hanging so colourfully, so temptingly, on the rack behind the counter. A moment later she raised a glass with a grin of her face.

"There's a... umm... toast? That's the word when you say something and drink?" The kobold saw Drusia nod and carried on. "A toast the Killikah say to welcome friends to the Killikah lands." She said something in a fairly musical voice that contained a lot of 'ah's, 'li's and 'ee's'. "Mean's umm... 'Welcome, friend, to the Killikah lands'."

A moment of awkward silence passed.

"Maybe should've thought that through 'fore I said it." She blushed.

OOC Ok, maybe the next one. :)/OOC
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Udo joined in that toast. "Down the hatch!" he said, and drank with them. "That means, ah, you know, down" -- he gestured vaguely around his face and throat -- "the hatch" -- he gestured some more.

[OOC: Maybe put the next post in a new thread? We've returned to the Southern Continent after all.]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Sounds good. I'll put the new thread up now./OOC
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"There's a... umm... toast? That's the word when you say something and drink?" The kobold saw Drusia nod and carried on. "A toast the Killikah say to welcome friends to the Killikah lands." She said something in a fairly musical voice that contained a lot of 'ah's, 'li's and 'ee's'. "Mean's umm... 'Welcome, friend, to the Killikah lands'."
A moment of awkward silence passed.
"Maybe should've thought that through 'fore I said it." She blushed.

"Thank you for your welcome," I say formally, bowing my head to her.

-- Drusia

OOC: Yeah, new thread whenever.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, up and running in the new thread. (Thanks for starting it, JR.) I'm going to go ahead and lock this one, but will leave it here for reference purposes for the time being.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.