Return to the Southern Continent

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Return to the Southern Continent

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina watched the airship depart and gave the leaving group an extravagant wave as they went. She turned around to face Udo and Drusia and clapped her paw-like hands together in a business-like manner.

"A'kay! Going home!" She declared, a big smile crossing her lips despite the fear gnawing away at her gut about facing her people's enemies again. The kobold could only speculate about what their methods would be in their latest attempt to seize control of her homeland would be. Fucilious, she knew, never approached a goal with the same solution twice. But, as much as the Ralkin leader scared the humanoid, she knew that she wouldn't rest easy until the 'bad man' and his twisted cult had been stopped permanently.

However, first things first.

"Umm... Droosy? Oooh-doh? Either you know how to get to the Killikah lands from here?"
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Re: Return to the Southern Continent

Post by Drusia »

"Umm... Droosy? Oooh-doh? Either you know how to get to the Killikah lands from here?"

I shake my head.

"I'm afraid not," I tell her. "I haven't had much contact with your people previously."

This could be a problem. I can certainly get us south, but only so far. Once we reach a certain point, we will leave any lands I'm familiar with and move into territories patrolled by other peregins. Not necessarily bad, considering we don't have any half-elves with us, but at the same time it will make it difficult for me to contribute to navigation.

"So you recall the names of any human cities near to where your lands are?" I ask Tamina. "I might know one with a gate we could use. It would shorten the trip considerably." Particularly considering that there is an old elven platform only a few days south of here.

Speaking of which, I'll need to let Sar know about this. If the Ralkin are really that far from here (was this entire operation for Eli's recruitment then? If this Foo-Silly-Us is who I think he is, then that is entirely possible), then Sar is looking in the wrong place. And anyway, now that there are no half-elves with us, we may want to consider bringing in others.

-- Drusia
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: I'm not planning on taking a direct role in the search for the Ralkin, but while we're at it, the following has been getting planned in Background Noise for some time, so ...]

Speaking of which travel platform, it happened to be getting some use at the moment, as an elf and two Tsuirakuans winked into existence there.

"It is -- unfortunate that this device is so far from the people we seek," Arsoro Kurou commented blandly.

"Live with it," Bauti snapped. An upper-class Tsuirakuan would have recognized Kurou's word "unfortunate" as a commentary not only on the platform and their use of it, but also on the elf, her social status, probable ancestry, likelihood of having completed toilet training successfully, and so on. Then again, Bauti wasn't a Tsuirakuan, she was an elf, and she didn't give a rat's ass for all the Tsuirakuan nuance-insults.

Haniko Goto couldn't be bothered with the clumsy repartee between the pointy-eared barbarian and her socially inferior countryman; she was already at work on a solution to their problem. Magic flared as she used the same kind of distant-vision spell that Rose, Therese, and others had used, and it was only a moment later that she saw what she was looking for. "There," she pointed to specks on the distant horizon, where a Yurkashev scouting/raiding party was moving up the road. "Perhaps if we approach those barbarians, we can negotiate transportation from them." The corners of her mouth turned upward at the prospect of the "negotiation," which really would amount to a hijacking, ideally accompanied by the slow deaths of all of those traveling on the coach whose acquisition was to be negotiated.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"So you recall the names of any human cities near to where your lands are?"

Udo piped up on that one. "Grendell's on the Southern Continent," he said. "That's where most trade passes through."

He hadn't been a brilliant scholar, really, but he'd done pretty well in geography. He'd always liked maps. And before he'd really gotten into the illustrateds, he'd enjoyed other kinds of adventure fiction, and the Southern Continent was a favorite setting for a certain brand of old-style fictioneers.

"Sakrissa's there, also Tebla," he added. He remembered a few other names but the real and the invented were blurring together.
Last edited by Alberich on August 30th, 2012, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Port Lorrel's a' couple days sailing from m' village." Tamina supplied in response in Drusia's question. "Didn't enjoy first trip there. Spent most the first part in a cage."

OOC Al, can you tell me how to do that thing you do where you encode a link in a word you've written? Me's tech illiterate. Anyhow, what Tammy was talking about at the bottom of the page: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1571&start=70 /OOC
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

OOC: Yes. Put brackets around this: url=http://www.errantstory.com Then type your text. Then put brackets around /url. 'tis done.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Alberich wrote:OOC: Yes. Put brackets around this: url=http://www.errantstory.com Then type your text. Then put brackets around /url. 'tis done.
Right. The easiest way is by using the "URL" button on the reply page, and then, put the text in the middle and the link inside the first bracket, with an equals sign separating it from "url" as Alberich says. Example:

Code: Select all

[url=http://forums.errantstory.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2285#p34822]this[/url] 
text produces a pointer direct to this forum entry.

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

OOC: Any official/previous game canon word on whether there is a gate in Grendell or Lorrel? And any OOC preference about where we head?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Drusia wrote:OOC: Any official/previous game canon word on whether there is a gate in Grendell or Lorrel? And any OOC preference about where we head?
Lorrel definitely has a gate (it was used in the earliest days of the game), with connections to Tsuirakushiti, Saus, etc. Grendell probably wouldn't. The Lorrel gate, of course, would be in the Tsuirakuan grid, not the elven one.

I'm not planning a significant role in this thread, other than bringing in some little friends from the past for Drusia to play with if things come to that. :mrgreen: Therefore no opinion on where to go from here. However, if you wind up in Lorrel en route to the Southern Continent, Keyes will probably show up. Whatever works for you folks.

Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"Port Lorrel's a' couple days sailing from m' village." Tamina supplied in response in Drusia's question. "Didn't enjoy first trip there. Spent most the first part in a cage."

I nod. "Port Lorrel it is then," I say, recalling that it is on the gate network. "We can be there in a couple of days if we head south now." Speaking of South...

"Do either of you have issue passing through Goriel again?" I ask. "That's the fastest route from here, and I have a couple of pieces of mildly unfinished business there."

-- Drusia
Last edited by Drusia on August 31st, 2012, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.