The Southern Continent (part 2)

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: The Southern Continent (part 2)

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: OK. We're fleeing the enemy along the path to the village, which village is now surrounded by Leli's wooden blockades, and we have a head start.

I don't know how large the clearing around the walls is - which may well matter as we will be defending the walls against riflemen, but now have at least one rifle of our own -- Udo, at least, can use it, though he's not an expert -- and the enemy thinks that Jamie is with us. And yet they haven't given up. Probably because they don't expect her to take prisoners...

The enemy leader's armor is magic-proof, but the other guys' armor is only arrow-proof. The enemy has also revealed, by shouting it around, that individual bounties are being paid for whoever kills Jamie, Drusia, or Tamina - which might be useful for getting a bunch of them to move in a direction you want. And which Udo will be telling Drusia upon their return if no one else does first.

I also don't know if this thaumobaric bomb is triggered by remote control magic or impact or something else. But I'm looking forward to its dramatic effects!]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, then. As soon as they're in range (say a hundred meters, or as they emerge from the forest, whichever is greater) ... boom.

And then all we have to deal with is the side effects that Khoo failed to think through. :o

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

OOC: Sorry for the delay - it's finals week here and I'm buried under papers.

Also, my usual baby sitter is sick.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Um... if the attack starts (I'm also behind a page or so in reading) just have Drusia stab some bad guys.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: I'm fine with holding off both this thread and the Kiyoka one for a little while to accomodate Drusia; both are at or near dramatic points that she is bound to enrich, when she has time to write.]
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Yeah. There's no rush, I'm back at work now so I'm pressed for writing time. I'll get the arrival post done tomorrow, and we can wait til Dru's done fighting her way through a mountain of paperwork.OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: I'm good with a pause too, not that there's anything Khoo can really do independently anyway.

Big wall-o-text thing coming in the Kiyoka thread, though. It won't be anything that affects Desiree or Anfisa, but the mission-oriented folks are going to find that there's a little greater urgency than what they were expecting...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

By the time his furry Valkyries had dragged him back, Udo's spirits had revived, and he grinned in his wounded, barely-conscious delirium. This was first because Udo was just that way, second because he'd been kissed by a kobold, and third because he'd been awed by the courage of the village defenders. The enemy was dewizarded and couldn't burn the walls down. Soon they'd be on the run!

True, that bullet in his guts -- ooooo! -- was a bit of a setback, but there was a place three doors down from Reiko's that had made him feel the same, and he'd survived it, and also [insert generic army food joke here].

Whether Udo's optimism was justified would be seen later. As would whether it was catching.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina and Alleece had hurredly gotten the wounded highwayman to Leli once they'd returned to the village. The Elder waved the three with Khoo into an empty hut, directing them to a lay Udo down on a nearby bed so the healer could get to work. Tamina told the events of the ambush to the leader in a detached voice, with the younger kobold and the waiter filling in the details that she missed in her distress. The old humanoid's face set in a grim line at the mention of the loss of her people, although her concentration on her patient remained unbroken by the news. She put a gentle hand on the highwayman's forehead, and channeled with a whispered word.

"Sleep."

Udo's face immediately went slack, a faint smile on his face at the collection of concerned kobold's looking down at him. Alleece's brow furrowed

"<Why did you put him under?>"

"<Because digging out a bullet tends to make people squirm.>" Came her humourless reply. "<Alleece, get the tongs, Tamina, take your mage-friend and tend to the wounded, and make sure the village is secure before the scum arrive.>"

Tamina nodded numbly, faintly grateful for the distraction of something to do. She left the temporary 'hospital' with a cringe at the moist sound of metal beginning to poke through flesh as the Elder went to work.

"We haven't got much time." She muttered. "I'll fix the injured... need to find Dru too, tell her what happened."
Browncoat
Errant Scholar

Post by Browncoat »

Distracted as she was, Tamina completely failed to notice a cloaked figure slip into the "hospital" as she left. The figure hurried to Udo's side.

<Hey! Wha->

Before anyone could react, the stranger pulled a small packet out from his cloak and pressed it to Udo's chest. With a flash, the packet disappeared. Suddenly, Udo's wounds began to heal at a rapid rate and the bullet fragments nearly flew out of his body.

{Come on you big oaf. You don't get to die yet}

Angrist pressed a few more healing packets into the hands of the Elder then proceeded to slap Udo to wake him up. It looked like things were about to get interesting outside so they needed to hurry.

[OOC: Man it is good to be back. I've actually planned out details regarding where Angrist has been and how he knew where to go, but I'll have his explanation wait until later. I have no idea what my posting schedule will be like, but I'll aim for at least a couple times each week]
They kicked me out of the asylum. I miss the jello.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Wha -- hey --?" -- it took a moment for it to register with Udo that he'd been slapped and punched by these same hands before. And this fellow had been quick enough to fling him a rope in time for his own awesome aerial acrobatics! (Or at least, that's how Udo remembered them.) Even if he had spoiled the pirate ship food fight...

"SENSEI!!!" he cried out with delight. "You're here! Now we've got those goat-lovers on the run for sure!" He looked for the rifle he'd recovered from the enemy - he was still a little drained magically, though not so much as before, and might find it handy for a first recourse.

By the time Angrist had knocked enough sense into Udo to make him useful again -- knocking sense into Udo was never a fast process -- Tamina had already found Drusia and brought her up to speed; Drusia had [OOC: done whatever she means to do]; and it was probably near time for some Khoo-kun-kaboom!