Port Lorrel- Puppet Masters

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Port Lorrel- Puppet Masters

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Also ready for a new thread, since Khoo doesn't have anything to say. However, one request, in the same spirit as the issue that Drusia is raising. At either the very start of that thread, or as the last entry in this one before it's closed, can we get a quick capsule summary of where everyone is and what they're doing? I'm starting to have a very hard time following the action here. A "When last we saw our heroes..." summary would be much appreciated.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

You want to know where the pieces are on the board? Well I'm up and can maybe save Jack a moment's trouble -- and in truth things have simplified because the sides aren't split up now. If I'm right, then --

The Black King and Queen (Aleron and Eli), the Black Bishop (Tim), the Black Knights (Myra and Sergeant Carlson), and the Black Pawns (First Squad, Magic Ray-Gunners) are all at the Drewmount Shipping warehouse, close to the docks, where Aleron is proposing to show off his new weaponry to a group of influential persons so as to convince them that Logan and his Black Guards are the right side to choose in the current conflict. I don't know whether Jade is there or she's more bishop, pawn, or castle.

The White King and Queen (Jargalan and Drusia), the White Bishops (Khoo and Tamina), the White Knight (who else but Udo?), and the White Castle (Angrist) are on the outskirts of town, near the waterside. The White Pawns (various Eisenfaust) have given them the latest information by tracing Tim's movements and confirming the information Tamina overheard through the crystal. Presumably they're about to start something violent.

Udo thinks this is an obvious trap, since the enemy has already revealed they knew they could be overheard, but isn't backing out of a chance to fight by Tamina's side.

The Black Guards did a crude frame-up job earlier today, having an "assassin" try to fire an empty pistol at Logan while loudly proclaiming he was from the Eisenfaust. Logan's lavish charity events have been buying him some popularity in town as well; but the Eisenfaust have experience and cunning, and doubtless see the upcoming events as part of their countermove. They haven't revealed what, if anything, they're going to do about the upcoming fight besides pointing the good guys at it.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC A word of warning. The demonstration is not where I'm planning to end this thing (although there's no reason why a brutal fight can't take place there). After all, there's the matter of the artifact to deal with (the true king if you like) and the place where that might be (which will also be revealed shortly). I will say the next thread will be the last regarding this story. Also, bear in mind that with the 'puppet masters' things aren't always what they seem.../OOC
Browncoat
Errant Scholar

Post by Browncoat »

Slight correction; Angrist is in the library still. He lost track of time (and got lost in the library once or twice too). I'm planning on bringing him back to the others at a humorous/dramatic moment. In the meantime, he's learning a lot of things from what he's reading.

I'm ready for the new thread whenever.
They kicked me out of the asylum. I miss the jello.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: This one is now closed, and the continuation open, here. (Thanks, D, for the reminder.)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.