The search for Brother Dalton, part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: The search for Brother Dalton, part 2

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Tamina, for all of her slinking and sniffing, had been close enough when the spell had worn off to find herself face to face with Desiree's shin. The kobold made a puzzled noise and looked upwards at a spill of familiar blonde hair.

"Hi Dezzy!" She greeted the half-elf, cheerfully oblivious to any nose-bloodying shenanigans going on behind her.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose listened to this exchange with puzzlement, and even a tiny bit of suspicion. However, these emotions took a back seat to the fact that the young women were apparently safe and still in Lorrel. "So do I take that to mean that you weren't able to get into the warp gate, and now you're back to coming with us for the time being?" she asked.

[OOC: If the answer to that is yes, then I think we're ready to move onto the airship and get going, which will also coincide with starting a new thread.]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Hi Dezzy!" She greeted the half-elf, cheerfully oblivious.

"Hi Tamina," I reply, smiling back at her.

"So do I take that to mean that you weren't able to get into the warp gate, and now you're back to coming with us for the time being?" she asked.

I turn to Rose, my smile twisting wryly.

"Looks that way," I tell her, sighing. "Apparently you need some sort of papers to go anywhere. Although..." my smile turns hopeful "I don't suppose you could provide Anfisa and I with papers, could you?" I don't actually think Rose can, but I don't want to seem too eager to get back on that airship. And... you never know.

-- Desiree

OOC: I don't think that Desiree wants to add anything more about the mysterious man. If asked directly, she'll respond, but I don't think she plans to volunteer information.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose permitted herself a quiet sigh of relief at Desiree's words. There were so many ways that the encounter with the mysterious "businessman" could have gone badly -- very badly. None of them had happened, apparently. Of course, there remained a question of what had happened, and eventually she'd have to ask the two women some possibly embarrassing questions, but there was time enough for that. Other things had priority at the moment.

"If we were back in Veracia," she said, "I could probably work something out at the ple-- in Emerylon." She smiled softly. "Of course, you wouldn't need papers there. But here, there isn't really much we can do."

She turned to go. "I still promise you, though, that we'll get you home. For now, we have a Therese to rescue."

[OOC: So on to the airship?]

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim's relief had turned to consternation. He crossed his arms and looked at Desiree. "Except one thing," he said. "If you go running off with every stranger who walks up offering 'help,' you're going to end up naked in a warehouse again. Or worse. And we may not be able to save you every time. If you're travelling with us, stick with us, or at least the ship!"

Anfisa hid her amusement - Tim had seen Desiree naked before? Maybe there was more than met the eye, something to explain her conflicting feelings about him...she couldn't think of this red-faced dummy as a rival so she could afford the amusement as long as she kept it off her face.

Tim meant to go walking after Rose unless Desiree stopped him. By the Lord, her self-indulgent, I'm-a-princess-I-have-no-rules-and-nothing-can-hurt-me attitude would drive him quite out of his mind! And if she went waltzing off into danger like that again, would he go charging into superior magic or scouring the town to get her out of it again?

Well, yes, he probably would.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Gads, are we never going to get to the BBEG?...]

Sister Rose stopped and pivoted. "Tim, that's enough," she said sternly.

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim glared, but obeyed. He supposed it figured. Lacking self-control herself, Rose would naturally be inclined to encourage irresponsibility in others. And when Desiree got herself raped, or kidnapped, or killed because she chased her own whims? What would Rose do then?
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Except one thing," he said. "If you go running off with every stranger who walks up offering 'help,' you're going to end up naked in a warehouse again. Or worse. And we may not be able to save you every time. If you're travelling with us, stick with us, or at least the ship!"

I roll my eyes. "While you were running around yelling, I had a perfectly civil conversation with him before leaving with him," I inform Tim. "I'm the one who insisted on a public venue - here - for our chat. What I didn't do was make a scene or get hauled off by guards. If you had behaved yourself, maybe you could have joined us." That last part is certainly a lie, but it sounds reasonable enough in hindsight.

-- Desiree

OOC: I'm good to go whenever. Just felt like tweeking Tim one last time first.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Well, we're all together 'gain. That's the important thing." Tamina said, now perched and dangling her legs off a table. "Should tell the mate-tree-dee I need a steak to go... don't think there's much fishing on an airship."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: I think we can assume Tamina gets her steak to go. ;) If there are no objections, new thread starts in the morning, aboard the airship.