Seven(?) against the Convergence

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Seven(?) against the Convergence

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"The... fer... fur-ries!" The kobold cried, scurrying over to see if the surprise arrival was ok. She dropped to the woman's side, casting a brief mistrustful eye at the magic Tim was using (fortunately unseen by the priest and the groggy woman). "We're here! Well... umm... Tim, me, Rosey, Argy and Beaver Gah (OOC PM me if Harker's not there/OOC) are. Dezzy and Anfi went off, said they were looking for an inn. You k? Bad men get you? Hit you in the head?"

OOC Is Therese's name pronounced Thur-reece? Otherwise the fur-ries line won't make much sense./OOC
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

[OOC: Anfisa should feel lucky she ended up as "Anfi" instead of "Fizzy"...though "Dezzy and Fizzy" has kind of a ring to it.]
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"I think it was a lovely song," she said.

"Thanks," I reply.

Well, Anfisa has chased the girl off. So... that theory is holding water. Anfisa seems to have... issues... with other women.

Never mind. It'll all be better once we get home.

-- Desiree
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC:
Jack Rothwell wrote: OOC Is Therese's name pronounced Thur-reece? Otherwise the fur-ries line won't make much sense./OOC
Her full name is Thérèse de Refuge-Nouveau. and would be pronounced as though it was in French. "Teh-race" or just "Trace" comes closer to it than "Thur-reece". No big deal, however, and kobolds would certainly speak with an accent. ;) So on to the fun stuff:]

"Dezzy and Anfi went off, said they were looking for an inn. You k? Bad men get you? Hit you in the head?"

"I -- I don't know," Therese said, her head still full of cobwebs from her magic-induced sleep. "I think they did something to my memory. I can feel the magic. But I don't know what they took out. The last thing I remember was riding on the underground, and we were caught by -- some of the bad men. They'd also caught a troll ... which just doesn't make sense at all." The look on Argus' face told her to advance the story rapidly. "There was a big magical explosion, which Mordan and I survived, but the bad men and the troll did not." Argus' face was expressive again. "And then we tried to get out of the underground, by way of a long hallway, and that's the last I remember until I woke up and saw you." She looked around. "Where's Mordan?"

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"And who's Mordan?" asked Tim, hoping Rose or Argus could answer both questions.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"A man from the Southern Continent," Sister Rose answered Tim. "He was our guide down there, and he got interested in the mission. He took off into the underground with Therese." She smiled wanly and nodded to the redhead. "He's a little ... impetuous. Anyway, he wasn't here when we found you."

Therese nodded back. "Impetuous. Yes, that fits. He must have come around before I did, and wandered off somewhere. But -- we're in Rinkaiel? How did that happen?"

I wish you could tell me, thought Rose. But it didn't seem likely. "Well, we have an airship at our disposal to continue on from here -- but there are -- complications." So what are Desiree and Anfisa up to now?

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Well, we have an airship at our disposal to continue on from here -- but there are -- complications."

"It's being flown by our own Father Amalric," added Tim, interested to see if that name provoked a reaction from Therese. (Maybe he was a relative of Melusine's, or some other kind of acquaintance?) "He said we weren't to return for six to eight hours, and that was, what do you think, two or three hours back?" [OOC: Subject to correction] "So we have a little time to deal with the complications."

And I hope you'll tell us what you think they are.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Complications?" Therese said, echoing Tim's thoughts.

Sister Rose grimaced. "Anfisa and Desiree... well, they've gone off on their own again. Oh, right, you don't know about the last time they did that. I'll fill you in later."

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Why not fill her in now?" asked Tim. "They're not in immediate danger this time, at least they look less like it than before, we have a few hours before we're due back at the airship, we don't need to rush, it won't take very long, and if we're all informed" - not a specialty of yours - "we can better discuss what makes sense to do, especially if their plan seems to be working."

If Therese were to ask "What plan?" Tim would doubtless respond, "Their plan to go to Tsuiraku."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Why not fill her in now? Because you're part of what I need to fill her in on, thought Sister Rose, rather annoyed. Getting yourself labeled persona non grata at the warp gates isn't going to help us... but another place, another time. She settled for the pragmatic answer. "We'll have time enough for all that once we're back on the airship. But first, we have to find Desiree and Anfisa."

And then Therese asked the question Tim had been anticipating ... and got the answer he'd prepared.

"Tsuiraku?" somewhere from three to five voices said at once, startling Layla, who'd set the carriage in motion again.